Japz Rims vs Taiwan Rims Durability. Comments plz!

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

k3nny

Known Member
Oct 10, 2004
My experience with BSA is consistent with that of ninja_iga's.

Very good rims.. although a tad on the heavy side but nevertheless, quality rims.

I've got 215/35/17's on my a set of BSA 17' rims and they have yet to deform/crack/bend etc considering the fact that its my mother's car and she goes into everything.. Ive got nothing but praises for BSA.

ninja_iga

3,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2003
Visit site
munky said:
BSA motorsports team, i wonder if they use their BSA rims ? if yes which model ? should be light & strong
yes they do actually
quite strong!
Jimmy Low actually raced to the finish (MSS) with one exploded tire, and literally ran on the rim only! (rear?)

still managed 3rd from leading earlier, but disqualified cos car was fit..

oh well, maybe earlier batches were bad, but current ones are pretty good. BSA's main market is export (80%) so they can't screw up. That's why their quality improves.

JRD? spoon-fed by the local market, so they wont improve that much. Spoilt brat.
entire batches were rejected!

kher

1,500 RPM
Aug 30, 2004
Klang, Selangor
Visit site
Actually it's more or less the same unless u're comparing its weight la....

U're not goin for rally races rite? U won get tat 'type' of impact so often la..
I've seen Evos wif broken rims also ma after accident... Original rims from Japan also wat...

Rims explode n broken into pieces???
Tyre explode hear b4 la...

Last edited:

verticalimit

Known Member
Mar 27, 2005
im using taiwan rims better quality then local rims. JRD i heard friend use until fed up.

JRD=Janji Retak Dua

maflowercrab

Oct 2, 2006
verticalimit said:
JRD=Janji Retak Dua
lol cant help it but to lol...btw...does waja original rim is jrd??? at least wat ive heard...if yes..then i hav 2 dent liao...

zamiex

Known Member
Nov 1, 2005
BSA is already good... the quality is much better than JRD.. before this im using JRD, hit bumpy road already crack and have hole summore.. sterring also goyang..

Go to h/cut to buy japz rim but expensive.. lastly go to klang and buy new Taiwan rim set.. very light but strong.. already 1 year but still no dent.. save money summore as my old dent rim can trade in...

9W2SW

Known Member
Aug 15, 2005
KL
sorry bros......a bit off topic......but where can i get k-speed rims (good variety) at reasonable price? thanks.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
neber hear abt road car rims burst. However, I hear that magnesium wheel can burn uncontrolably in even of serious accident. Last time F1 race car used them.

Any bady can verify this ar?

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
when i go to falken.. i saw they sell rims under thier brand 'falken'. please give comments on this rims. is it oke? whats the story behind the rims? thanks.

cmng

3,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
it not the rim
it tyre do count as well

you can buy cheapo JRD rim
but try to fit it with super high profile
i want to see how it kemek

some people buy rim but used it with low profile tyre like
205 x 40 x 17, 195 x 50 x 15 so on
the tyre is too thin to support and protect the rim

bodybuilder

Dec 3, 2004
ssw?

hi guys...

any 1 using ssw rims here can gv me some comment??

are they strong and light?

sysh

Known Member
Sep 19, 2005
KL
Maybe slightly off topic, but is there a shop or showroom where I can find the full range of BSA rims??

zamiex

Known Member
Nov 1, 2005
go to klang la geng.. many types of irressitable rim you can buy.. my opinion better buy new rim..

zamiex

Known Member
Nov 1, 2005
this shop used to be known kedai papan.. but now they already moved.. dont remember the name but its opposite a petrol station.. if not mistaken the signboard shop states SUMITOMO or something like that yellow in colour..

ferio76

Oct 29, 2005
dear bros, just wanna know... what is the price region for a set of 15 inch, taiwan-made rims? minus the rubber, just the rim only...

sysh

Known Member
Sep 19, 2005
KL
zamiex said:
this shop used to be known kedai papan.. but now they already moved.. dont remember the name but its opposite a petrol station.. if not mistaken the signboard shop states SUMITOMO or something like that yellow in colour..
ooh okies..
any other landmarks you could tell me so I can find the place? Near Klang town? Port Klang?
Prices cheap ar.. Brand new and Second Hand?

bacardilimon

Known Member
Jun 19, 2005
Klang
zamiex said:
the shop is in Kapar now, opposite a chinese school, Pin Hwa

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

ok guys...this page is regarding my interior project...see the before pic of my dashboard...
before

and this is the lancer dashboard to be...i bought it from a guy(zth member, nice dude, with a monster car..hehhe)...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience