Japz Rims vs Taiwan Rims Durability. Comments plz!

pennywise

Jul 6, 2005
I asked around and heard different comments about Taiwan rims. As we know, these are Jap'z imitation around in the market to help poor people like myself afford nice rims.

There are people who tell me to go only for original because these imitation rims cannot tahan accident impact. The force of an accident can cause these Taiwan rims to explode or break into pieces.

But when I spoke to Hup Shun Sunway's salesman. He told me that these Taiwan rims are nowadays made for export to US market and these Taiwan manufacturers will not simply manufacture it without any safety standards. No such thing as rims being broken into pieces or explodes. He also showed me some rims got carved there 500kg, means it can withstand a 500kg impact.

So guys... which is true?? Not everyone can afford Japz rims... Volk's TE37 original from Japz is RM9k plus... Sheesh!

How about durability? Like if you use the same design of Japz and Taiwan rims go thru bumpy roads and pot-holes... Japz rim should be stronger and wont dent so easily as Taiwan rims, true?

Yong_5290

hotmail.com
i've never use japan rim b4 but onli JRD,K Speed n Advanti Racing..
last time my car accident,my tyre burst(eagle F1...but my K Speed rim not dent...no prob...a bit of scratches onli...advanti racing...not bad...lighter than my ex-k speed...even tho its 16" n my k speed is 15"....JRD...worse nightmare...c any hole on the road also muz void em...if not u will end up ur rim in tyre shop 4 repair...

ijnek

Aug 19, 2004
been a user of taiwan rims for quite some time.
jus a commoner,can't afford jap rims.
no problem with them and NVR heard anything explosing into pieces etc.

Ali_G

K.lumpur
Ori rims drive on the road...
kena lubang....heart died....

replica rims kena lubang
heart pain.....

Depend on how u drive lah...........
drive like cow.... 10K rims for u also bengkok.

ekiddie

www.keiconcept.net
yalor true lar... depends on how u drive... japan rims don gip u guarantee that it WON'T go dented... it's just more hard and can witstand harder impact as compared to other type or rims...

btw, price do matters too... like u said lor... brand new ORI TE37 is how much?? 9K?? goSH... if i buy the imitation wan... baru 1K... i don believe the imitation one can't last me for a year... i can buy new sets each year for continous 9 long years!!

hahaa!!

;)

acbc

KD
Well, will you pay RM 2.5k for used Jap rims that was discarded by the original owner or pay same amount for new Taiwanese rims fresh from the container?

70% of rims available in US are from Taiwan or Korea. Maybe 10% are original Jap rims. Your pick.

Also, Taiwanese rims are a lot stronger than our local ones from JRD and BSA. My previous 15" BSA bent after it went inside a pot hole. However, my new 16" AVA rims did not. Since then, no more local rims for me although they are dirt cheap... you can buy 16" BSA for less than RM 800 in Klang and it it almost identical to original TE37! :D

R.C.

pennywise said:
I asked around and heard different comments about Taiwan rims. As we know, these are Jap'z imitation around in the market to help poor people like myself afford nice rims.

There are people who tell me to go only for original because these imitation rims cannot tahan accident impact. The force of an accident can cause these Taiwan rims to explode or break into pieces.

But when I spoke to Hup Shun Sunway's salesman. He told me that these Taiwan rims are nowadays made for export to US market and these Taiwan manufacturers will not simply manufacture it without any safety standards. No such thing as rims being broken into pieces or explodes. He also showed me some rims got carved there 500kg, means it can withstand a 500kg impact.

So guys... which is true?? Not everyone can afford Japz rims... Volk's TE37 original from Japz is RM9k plus... Sheesh!

How about durability? Like if you use the same design of Japz and Taiwan rims go thru bumpy roads and pot-holes... Japz rim should be stronger and wont dent so easily as Taiwan rims, true?
I'm using ADVANTI rim(s) 2 years now. Excellent Quality.

alantan

Dec 24, 2003
ermm..i've been using BR rim..

super satisfies owner here...lightweight 14"...

erm..anyway..i got a friend, 15" taiwan rim, dented all four after going thru bumpy road..
rm1500 gone...

sighs..

ithink k speed should be alright..it's everywhere in the market now

Kopi

May 18, 2004
Ali_G said:
Ori rims drive on the road...
kena lubang....heart died....

replica rims kena lubang
heart pain.....

Depend on how u drive lah...........
drive like cow.... 10K rims for u also bengkok.
I agree wit Ali... if drive like cow better use standard besi 13/14" 'racing' wheel. Pakaibuang.

aboo

Dec 29, 2003
Kopi said:
I agree wit Ali... if drive like cow better use standard besi 13/14" 'racing' wheel. Pakaibuang.
:D :D :D hahaha .. just cant help it "DRIVE LIKE COW"

Sorry off topic guys, its just too amusing...

littled

Nov 18, 2004
KR racing is lighter than K-speed
not too bad in design.. K-speed the finishing is better
don get local rims la.. JRD or BSA... kaput very fast le.
tyres are also important.. for example if u use sime u r more likely to get a bengkok rim due to the soft sidewall as compared to bridgestone or michelin pilot preceda

jus my 2 cents

na_power

Dec 13, 2004
but people buy japan rim bcoz wanna a lighter rim.. lighter rim lower fuel com. and fast too

et5828

Sep 13, 2004
i got a taiwan 14" rim
can withstand 620kg
hit so many big hole with massive blow
i mean really loud impact
so far not even dent or scratches on a 165 55 14 series tyres

Honda Malaysia announced that the All-New Stream -- the second generation of the stylish 7-seater MPV (Multi-Purpose Vehicle), will be available for sale at all Honda authorized dealers in November this year.

According to Honda Malaysia Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer Mr. Atsushi Fujimoto, Malaysian customers are anticipating and have been...