Japz Rims vs Taiwan Rims Durability. Comments plz!

cmng

3,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
it not the rim
it tyre do count as well

you can buy cheapo JRD rim
but try to fit it with super high profile
i want to see how it kemek

some people buy rim but used it with low profile tyre like
205 x 40 x 17, 195 x 50 x 15 so on
the tyre is too thin to support and protect the rim

bodybuilder

Dec 3, 2004
ssw?

hi guys...

any 1 using ssw rims here can gv me some comment??

are they strong and light?

sysh

Known Member
Sep 19, 2005
KL
Maybe slightly off topic, but is there a shop or showroom where I can find the full range of BSA rims??

zamiex

Known Member
Nov 1, 2005
go to klang la geng.. many types of irressitable rim you can buy.. my opinion better buy new rim..

zamiex

Known Member
Nov 1, 2005
this shop used to be known kedai papan.. but now they already moved.. dont remember the name but its opposite a petrol station.. if not mistaken the signboard shop states SUMITOMO or something like that yellow in colour..

ferio76

Oct 29, 2005
dear bros, just wanna know... what is the price region for a set of 15 inch, taiwan-made rims? minus the rubber, just the rim only...

sysh

Known Member
Sep 19, 2005
KL
zamiex said:
this shop used to be known kedai papan.. but now they already moved.. dont remember the name but its opposite a petrol station.. if not mistaken the signboard shop states SUMITOMO or something like that yellow in colour..
ooh okies..
any other landmarks you could tell me so I can find the place? Near Klang town? Port Klang?
Prices cheap ar.. Brand new and Second Hand?

bacardilimon

Known Member
Jun 19, 2005
Klang
zamiex said:
the shop is in Kapar now, opposite a chinese school, Pin Hwa

Tohsan

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 13, 2004
Char Kuoy Teow
pennywise said:
I asked around and heard different comments about Taiwan rims. As we know, these are Jap'z imitation around in the market to help poor people like myself afford nice rims.

There are people who tell me to go only for original because these imitation rims cannot tahan accident impact. The force of an accident can cause these Taiwan rims to explode or break into pieces.

But when I spoke to Hup Shun Sunway's salesman. He told me that these Taiwan rims are nowadays made for export to US market and these Taiwan manufacturers will not simply manufacture it without any safety standards. No such thing as rims being broken into pieces or explodes. He also showed me some rims got carved there 500kg, means it can withstand a 500kg impact.

So guys... which is true?? Not everyone can afford Japz rims... Volk's TE37 original from Japz is RM9k plus... Sheesh!

How about durability? Like if you use the same design of Japz and Taiwan rims go thru bumpy roads and pot-holes... Japz rim should be stronger and wont dent so easily as Taiwan rims, true?
Japan rims or taiwan rims if u don't drive carefully and avoiding potholes,all rims also can become dented. As long as your rims is from taiwan one with a moderate level of profile tyres like maybe 60 series will be good enough to makesure your car rims is well taken care of. I used to own JRD rim from stock car then upgrade to Volks Racing, then already 2years plus,still using the same old volks racing rims,no problem at all.

sysh

Known Member
Sep 19, 2005
KL
bacardilimon said:
the shop is in Kapar now, opposite a chinese school, Pin Hwa
Cool..thanks guys.
Oh yeah, do you know the name of the shop?

gobu

From Facebook
Feb 22, 2010
ermmmm....
i am using a 17" taiwan made rims with Yokohama A.drive R1 Tyre's....
went through a massive pot hole last year which made my front right rim bent...
repaired it at the cost of rm50, and recently the same side bent again after driving through bumpy roads....
taiwan rims are kinda fragile, but also depends on the way you drive...and not to forget, if it bends once, it will bend again... XD
so try avoiding pot holes and bumpy roads...but talking about tyre's which people say it matter, Yokohama A.drive R1 Tyre's are freaking awesome, so yeah, consider it as i am considering to import the te37 direct from japan itself.... :D

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

<iframe width="335" height="250" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0mnP9rgQ_E4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Continuing from where we left off ----> How to install ICE part #1

Now that you've gotten your HU wiring figured out, it's time to fit in the power and speaker wires. I'm not fond of using the stock wiring mainly because :

#1 - It's too thin. Doesn't...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience