Jacked up hood. pros & contras?

sebastianloeb

Known Member
Dec 26, 2006
On my way back to office after having my belated breakfast few minutes ago, saw one nice pimped wira with the hood jacked up quite high. I think i know the purpose of jacking up the hood but i m wondering when there s rain... or when go for carwash.. The wira hood that i saw seem almost 2" jacked up!

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
99% of the time is because their hood cant close properly after swapping a mitsui engin in. (engin bigger & was not quite intended to fit in a wira curvy bonnet).

part of a engin head of intake side that protrudes out. something like that

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
Bro,
Even Kancil put L2 engine wanna to use back the ori bonnet (no air scoop)also need to jackup the bonnet..
For wira wise.. as kool mention.. raining and wash car wont be any problem as the air filter is not at the back ma..hehe..

Saw once, there is a guy whom jackup his bonnet too high..he nearly died as he got accident and his car bonnet go inside the front mirror...
Planing to jackup ur bonnet also?hehe..

Last edited:

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
looking at its for a bigger picture it is a poor quick fix to cool air (dispersing trapped heat in engine) . of course we are NOT debating the advantages of cooler air = better performance of car (never in the picture)

BUT having a raised hood is a cheap solution and could highly be dangerous to occupant (driver) & others SHOULD anything untoward happens.

Else why the hell do car manufacturers try make safer cars by locking down the hood.?

it a poor arguement if one choose to use the excuse to heat dispersing solution. sorry.

modern cars have better designed radiators to solved heating problems. BUT because it was swapped, several points should be noted. the transferred radiator may not be ideal for the new car, the radiator may be faulty (cause it from a salvaged engine), & host of many possible points that cause the swapped car to be running hotter thatn usual.

if all pointers are met & a completely plug & play swap there shdnt be reason to raise hood . might as well have a scoop on hood to draw cooler air

Last edited:

HanJackaL

1,000 RPM
Dec 8, 2004
PJ
If you jack up your hood and people ask why, you can tell them your engine is too big and powerfull therefore you need to jack your hood up

sebastianloeb

Known Member
Dec 26, 2006
i also tot the same thing. never expect one of the reason of jacking it up is for new engine clearance. Thanks guy. now i know.:shocked:

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
Yup..it also release the heat away but do notice is once u jackup the hood, u will suffer when raining time as the heat will go to your mirror...

Some people do jackup their bonnet for faster way and can say also the cheapest way for reducing heat but they didnt realize the disadvantage of it..

I have suffer this for nearly 3years as that time wanna to change the whole body kit JPJ not allow and wanna to put air scoop but no time...just brought ori air scoop bonnet and have put it in...haha..

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
the common automobile is design to release its heat build-up in the engine bay via under the car,but if idling for too long, eg. stuck in massive jam,,heat naturally goes upwards,therefore temperature rises in the enginebay dramatically...one reason to jack up ur hood.

another is cuz the timing belt of an evo engine is too beefy to be housed in a proton chasis,hence ppl jack it up to clear it like what good ol buddy fugz mentioned...

BUT better be thinking twice of jacking up the hood because u will weaken the nuts n bolts as its lengthen to satisfy ur bengness taste. In a case of head-on collision, driver or passenger may be beheaded by the end of the bonnet

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys.
My ride is a wira SE (manual). I notice that my steering wheel vibrates quite alot when idling. The dashboard all ok..nvr vibrate..only the steering vibrates quite a lot. I have changed my front and rear bush to superpro. Even the steering rack bush is superpro. I actually chamged it hoping it will solve the problem but it didnt. What could possibly be the cause of this vibration?

---------- Post added at 04:17 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit -...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience