IS there a Mivec RS 1.8 ENgine

darween13

Feb 6, 2006
Velocity
hey car freaks out there....i'm using a wira yr 2000....actually my mom's car given to me when i entered college in yr 2003...its a auto 1.5.....

i checked out the auto trader where there was an advertisement saying that a guy from cheras wana seel his mivec rs 1.8 engine, the wiring system n the suspension with installation for RM 5500....

i was interested so i went to my regular wiring shop to consult with him....he is a racer...goes to sepang very often n he uses a satria mivec 1.6...he told me that mivec rs 1.8 never existed! he says that mvec only have 1.6. :sad_smile:

i'm so confused but as far as iknow there was an engine named Mivec RS 1.8...pls help me out with this....n if there is an engine of Mivec RS 1.8 exist, where could i find it? :emoticon_U:

thx bros n chicks

darween13

Feb 6, 2006
Velocity
hey guyz its me again.....left out some quries...........

if there exist an engine called mivec rs 1.8.....how much does it cost now n where can i find it...

other than that, how much is a mivec 1.6 ( i don wan halfcut....don need the body parts-bumper, fender, lights, bonnet, dashboard) but i need the suspension n the wiring!...can any1 suggest me workshop too:regular_smile:

thx

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
er...blacktop?haha got blacktop ke?din knoww..very blur in MIVEC stuff..sorry..but got 1.8 la..confirm edy.:_:

Dino@Casper

May 13, 2005
P.J
Aiyoh search n see.. the blacktop n silvertop mivec has been discuss many times.. kekeke nvr mnd.. both are also 1.6 mivec... and for the 1.8 mivec rs is buatan malaysia qua.. hahaha

imoloq

1,000 RPM
Nov 1, 2005
From automotiveforums.com

I've been doing a little research on the MIVEC engine. It's available in the Mitsubishi Mirage in the European and Asian markets... why it wasn't brought here is beyond me. I know there is a 1.6L and a 2.0L engine available now, and the 1.8 was released recently... anyhow. I got some info at the following website. You have to cut through some crap in reading it, they must not spell to well in the UK, but it has some good info.

This post was back in 2001 so I think a 1.8L MIVEC exists. The link to the website was broken so I couldn't get more info out of it.

Hope this helps.

(ADVAN)

500 RPM
May 11, 2005
K.L
Japanese din come out 1.8 mivec.Japanese onli come out wif 1.6 mivec rs n 1.6 mivec mdor mivec 2.0 (FTO). RS version means normal version n MD version is economy version..How different the MD n RS version is computer box n wiring. RS version got 2 wire n MD version onli got 1 wire.For mivec 1.8 is malaysian develop tis engine wif 4g93 block so became 1.8 mivec.

THERE IS NO 1.8 MIVEC HALF CUT FROM JAPAN

imoloq

1,000 RPM
Nov 1, 2005
There are some companies out there that can mod non-MIVEC into MIVEC. So, maybe the 1.8 MIVEC came from there.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

How to rectify a defected paint, plenty of swirls from car wash, Random deep scratches got from others car & heavily oxidized & water marks

for rest of it i have shifted this to
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...84-bmw-5-series-just-details.html#post4032601

thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience