500 RPM
Sep 12, 2004
KL / IPOH
Visit site
thteh86 said:
why is it expensive?

cause big mar
cause p2's now better than proton mar

but pls bear in mind that, the structure of the car isn't that well built, comparing to kia spectra, it's almost the same, just that it's harder. So?

But porodua really improve a lot nowadays...
Maybe this Myvi will be the best seller in perodua...

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
badguy said:
audio system can be change lah brother!!!!!
the ICE is unique-fit, only for myvi. it wont even fit into other daihatsu model.

look closely and the unit even comes with air vents as a complete set. ha ha ha how about that? buy radio and get air-cond vent also?

btw, all the speakers are intalled low on all four doors where i do not think it will result good sound reproduction. Unless it has virtual dynamis sound stage organiser like on SOny 2DIN player. the controls are fiddly, not user friendly.

danieL

500 RPM
Oct 3, 2004
i think myvi is definitely worth the money......
black colour is damn nice, and i like the front!!

Zeroed

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Didnt they fabricate a dashboard plank for aftermarket audio players for the Gen2?
They might to the same for the MyVI...

For a new car, 52k for a full spec version is a pretty good buy I think.
But I'd still go 2nd hand. :P

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
For the price and for what it is, it's great. Better than a similarly priced Proton methinks. It's a mini MPV sort of car, which means its competitors are Jazz, Aveo and Getz. And it's considerably cheaper than those 3. And remember, it's basically as much of a Toyota as the Avanza.

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
MyVi
its great. not to buy it cause built in audio?

I can live with it if it means "fun driving" AND stereo isnt attractive to thieves.

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
aku_sangap said:
same here...aiyaa, better buy honda eg6/eg9..ehhee...b16a dohc vtec...:D
for that budget, i rather get a myvi over the civic eg. no matter what, a myvi is still a new car, new car smell, new engine, new seats, new etc. an EG is probably 10 years or even older. can you imagine how much better condition will the EG be over the myvi? no doubt honda has better quality parts over perodua but due to ageing, the parts will get old and spoilt too. the same goes to the engine. lets face it, after 10 years of running, the engine probably needs an overhaul and more or less a couple of hundred bucks needed to maintain the car every month. besides, u won't know the condition of the car if its 2nd hand. i think a fairer comparison would be between a brand new myvi and a 1 year old getz or aveo.

in all honesty, i do think perodua is the better car manufacturer between proton and themselves. proton is a bit of a stale company, they need a massive push if they were to survive the next 10 years. in other words, they need a revolution in their management. perodua is more of an evolution, taking small improvement steps. no doubt the early days kancil was a bit of a shame but if u look at their current car lineups and the improvements they did to their car over time, i do think they're improving. the newer kelisa's and kenari's are pretty decent without any major problem. unlike the blardy waja which still has that stupid window and glovebox problem despite claiming european standards. while saying this, i'm also aware of the 'first batch syndrome' whereby first batch cars normally are testing grounds to find out niggling problems and so forth. so potential myvi owners better be warned.

saying this, i'm not trying to be a patriotic citizen but before we go all out with our guns blazing towards national cars, we should give them second thoughts. personally its quite funny reading comments made my some of us here on how much myvi looks like so and so manufacturer. comments like proton/perodua are copy cats are plain naive and baseless. i can agree if you're talking about the older wira/saga with the lancer models. but cars are still cars, i mean they can only design this much on a new car, so very obviously most cars bears similar resemblance between each other nowadays be it a benz or a bimmer or a skoda. just because the front of perdana has that V shape, it doesn't mean they copied alfa. the most bizzare one i heard is that the front of waja looks like renault. why don't we just say the new bentley continental gt copied the old e class mercedes(big small eyes). or the back of the new toyota camry was copied from the E46 3 series.

proton12vauto

Known Member
Aug 9, 2004
Kepong
www.cqtech.com.my
Article from internet C & P

Article from internet

Perodua Myvi Specifications and Price

posted on 20/5/2005 by Paul Tan in Cars

Here�s what I gathered about the new Perodua Myvi. Since the media test drive, alot of things speculated about the Perodua Myvi has been answered by the team at Perodua themselves.

Engine

The 1 liter Myvi which is the Perodua Myvi 1.0SR will be using the EJ-VE 1 liter 3 cylinder DOHC engine, an upgraded version of the EJ-DE 1 liter 3 cylinder DOHC found in the Kenari/Kelisa. When I say upgraded, I mean it comes with DVVT variable valve timing. This EJ-VE DVVT engine is also found in export models of the Perodua Kelisa intended for the UK market.

As a comparison, the 1.3 Toyota Passo/Daihatsu Boon uses the same K3-VE as our 1.3 Perodua Myvi but the 1.0 Toyota Passo/Daihatsu Boon uses the 1KR-FE 1.0 engine with variable valve timing instead of the EJ-VE that our 1.0 Perodua Myvi has. This is probably an updated 1 liter engine design as compared to the EJ series that we�re still using.

The 1.3 liter Myvi, available in 4 trim levels (1.3SX, 1.3EZ, 1.3SXi, 1.3EZi) is using the K3-VE engine found in the Kembara DVVT, which has variable valve timing. I suspect YRV Turbo halfcuts with the K3-VET in them will be even more popular now

Power output for the 1 liter EJ-VE is 56hp and the 1.3 liter K3-VE produces 85hp. As a Comparison, the Honda Jazz 1.5 VTEC produces 110hp and the Jazz 1.5 i-DSI produces 87hp too. So you can see, the variable valve timing feature on the K3-VE really makes it comparable to 1.5 liter engines not equipped with any form of variable valve timing.

Transmission/Gearbox

There are manual and automatic transmission available. The manual is a 5-speed while the auto is a 4-speed with overdrive. This should help with the highway cruising fuel consumption.

Specifications/Trim Levels

There are four models available. The prices shown are including insurance.
Model Specs Price
Myvi 1.0SR 1.0, Manual RM41,200
Myvi 1.3SX 1.3, Manual RM44,755/RM45,300
Myvi 1.3EZ 1.3, Auto RM47,781/RM48,300
Myvi 1.3SXi 1.3, Manual, Dual Airbags, ABS RM47,781/RM48,300
Myvi 1.3EZi 1.3, Auto, Dual Airbags, ABS RM50,781/RM51,300

Looks like the price for the 1.3SXi and the 1.3EZ is the same. If you could only afford that much and not the 1.3EZi, would you choose an automatic transmission or the dual airbags and ABS?

The 1.3 cars are available in all seven colours but the 1.0 is only available in black, gold and silver. All the 1.3 versions have 14 inch alloy rims while the 1.0 only has steel rims. Looks like the 1.0SR is the ultra-budget version of the Myvi.

Quality Control Standards

QC, or rather the lack of QC is the problem plaguing Malaysian car manufacturers. Perodua is definitely much better than Proton in terms of quality control. And with recently being commissioned to manufacture the Toyota Avanza for Toyota, it�s factory�s QC had been beefed up so that it matches Toyota�s standards. Defect rates are currently at 0.2, which means 2 defects per 10 cars. This is a huge improvement from the rate of 2 to 2.5 per car 10 years ago.

Last edited:

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
There's a more complete write up on the Perodua Myvi on the Motortrader website. You guys should check it out and read for yourself before you believe any of the crap being bandied about here....including mine.

but pls bear in mind that, the structure of the car isn't that well built, comparing to kia spectra, it's almost the same, just that it's harder. So?
Your point is? The Kia Spectra is a family saloon. The Myvi is a supermini/mini MPV sort of thing. Are you implying the Spectra is crap and thus the Myvi is slighly less crappy? Or what?

yuh_woei

Known Member
Sep 5, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
tarrant8877 said:
As the topic above, is Perodua Myvi worth to buy??

According to the price list, is around RM41k to RM51k.

With that price we can buy a second hand waja, or even an older second hand Civic EK and many more…..although is an old car….

Need advice about this…So pls give some suggestion…and ur opinion…THX..:)
You dont sound like asking for opinion,
what car, what price , how it look like that all depent to your self, no point compare like this, but if only you are asking about the details, engine info, FC, audio ... thats more like it..... If every one started a topic comparing car then ZTH all flooded by all this endless opinioin/comparing.

am i right?, and please dont start to "FIRE" people when you is asking for opinion.

Cheers

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
Anyone test drive already ? Powerful or not ?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

A short video of the fire that effectively ended Team Empire Motorsports hope of finishing the 2010 Merdeka Millennium Endurance Race. It's just a part of the video as we were seated in the media room when it happened. Just something to give you a scale of things. Team driver Asyraff Dewal is now in hospital together with another pit member. Our thoughts go out to them.

<object...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience