Is Perodua Myvi worth to buy???

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

yuh_woei

Known Member
Sep 5, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
fuiyooooooh............. you all talk untill "my heart move move" aka "sum yuk yuk" aka
"syok" aka "very interesting"...
must go and have a look on this MyVi this sunday.Cheers all

bryan90s

500 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Visit site
look?
i think by now, the ordered unit should hv reach 10k....ehehe

yuh_woei

Known Member
Sep 5, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
Bryan90, i think what you said is true loh, coz just now my friend call me he just book one
MyVi already, and he said the fastest to get the car is 3 month.... ??? but i think have to wait more than that since so many people booking....... mmmm anyway still wanna have a look on this sunday..... cheers

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
Guys,
My wife & me have personally test drive MyVi 1.3 Auto at Perodua Sek11 S. Alam, around half an hour ago. We test drove around 15 minutes.

Finally, We both agree on 1 thing : REALLY UNDERPOWER. For me, donno the where is the powerband (at what rpm). Donno really got DVVT assist or not.

My suggestion to who want to buy : Go & test drive first. BTW, Perodua Sek11 S.Alam opens until early morning. No need to sign anything, just told them that u want to test drive!

TomJB

May 24, 2005
Johor Bahru
MyVI is a high potential car from my point of view concerning outlook and inner beauty... The only negative point from me is that the material use for inside (e.g dash board and things) really need some 'renovation'... For outlook, ask you can see from the other members' posting... Boon and Passo or something... It looks cool! Inner beauty as in the engine... Ho... Believe me... Its gonna be fun! But then... I still having doubt for the handling of the car... Is it as good as Kelisa? Still need to find out...
For the build in audio... easy job my friend... Change the dash board... Think a little and I guess you know what I mean...
Last but not least... I choose Kelisa over MyVi... For fun... But for family, I take MyVi... Look at the SPACE! Getz? Jazz? Nah... MyVi still more spacious... By look, not actualy measurement thought...

johndoe

Known Member
May 8, 2005
aja said:
Guys,
My wife & me have personally test drive MyVi 1.3 Auto at Perodua Sek11 S. Alam, around half an hour ago. We test drove around 15 minutes.

Finally, We both agree on 1 thing : REALLY UNDERPOWER. For me, donno the where is the powerband (at what rpm). Donno really got DVVT assist or not.

My suggestion to who want to buy : Go & test drive first. BTW, Perodua Sek11 S.Alam opens until early morning. No need to sign anything, just told them that u want to test drive!
r u sure underpower, it's a twin cam 16 valve. not many cars has 16 valve. not even my wira1.5.
did u drive it a speed higher than 80 coz , u 'll feel the overdrive when it's on.

TomJB

May 24, 2005
Johor Bahru
I think it depends on what kind of power you looking for... Anyhow, this underpower thing can be solve with ease... Not that big a problem! By the way... Just to make a point here... I think this is a fun car more than a family car or what not... To most of us here I think... Right?

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
aja said:
Guys,

thanks for the info, later Sek11 S.Alam is pack with ZTHian :D

will test drive it next week if possible

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
johndoe said:
r u sure underpower, it's a twin cam 16 valve. not many cars has 16 valve. not even my wira1.5.
did u drive it a speed higher than 80 coz , u 'll feel the overdrive when it's on.
Johndoe,
1000% sure. Even i think Kelisa Auto is way much better than MyVi. Like Kelisa, u can feel the torque (pickup). Why not u test drive it first. Full throttle can't even feel the VVT & torque. whenever i floored pedal & dragged at 2 GEAR (Auto Car) , really feel like no ummph at all. Weird!!

My opinion is that the detuned YRV 1.3 turbo engine really not work for NA. Or they just detuned the car for test drive purpose. Who knows!.

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
One more thing. If u intend to go for a test drive at PErodua Sek 11, S. Alam, make sure go there after 800 pm. Cause prior to that time, too many people queue to test drive.

Anyway, here is the kedai name & phone no :-

YBK SERVICES SDN BHD
No. 20, Jalan Wau C11/C
Seksyen 11, Shah Alam.
Tel :- 03 5510 9253

Kopi

500 RPM
May 18, 2004
Cheras
Visit site
Mmmm... MyVi? Sure underpowered? Heheheh... I personally think the 1.3 motor has something to give for modders... think DOHC 16V. Anyway, have to see it thru manufacturer's intention, market aim. MyVi is constructed mainly for economy, not for performance (but because this is Malaysia, u'll see the little bug fly like hell on Federal Highway later), and aimed at young executives. So the tuning is like... grandma's drivelaa, watch the fuel consumption. Even the Kelisa's not so fly when the motor is stock. Get a K&N or Racecraft CAI kit, plonk it in, JASMA approved catback and 1.6" full front to back piping... Voila!!! extra hamster power! (but let the warranty period pass first) But just don't expect much out of it though. 1.3 ain't gonna be a GT3 Porsche...

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
Kopi,
Pls don't compare 1.3 with Porsche la. Tak sesuai langsung!. FYI, MyVi rated around 85 hp, almost hp with City Idsi (87hp). Long time ago, I've test drive the City Idsi also. Ok lah, can consider the 87hp it has. But MyVi, really can feel like having 85hp with Dvvt. DOHC somemore!. Confuse!!.

My suggestion, better go test drive it yourself. sure u will be bang suprise!

p/s : Just to share with u all or new prospect buyer so that considering buying something that is worth for money. MyVi not that cheap u know!

Kopi

500 RPM
May 18, 2004
Cheras
Visit site
aja said:
Kopi,
Pls don't compare 1.3 with Porsche la. Tak sesuai langsung!. FYI, MyVi rated around 85 hp, almost hp with City Idsi (87hp). Long time ago, I've test drive the City Idsi also. Ok lah, can consider the 87hp it has. But MyVi, really can feel like having 85hp with Dvvt. DOHC somemore!. Confuse!!.

My suggestion, better go test drive it yourself. sure u will be bang suprise!

p/s : Just to share with u all or new prospect buyer so that considering buying something that is worth for money. MyVi not that cheap u know!
Just trying to make my point laaa Aja, not comparing. Ya can't expect much from a 1.3 to act like a Porsche... fast fast one go, not even 4E-FTE. Sum Kancils (especially those of X Mat Rempits upgrade) think L2 can tapau Galant A39 ??

I've test driven MyVi Auto at Perodua Maluri... I do however like the driveability of it. Comfort and control is beyond expected. Durability... sniff sniff... ntah...

johndoe

Known Member
May 8, 2005
Kopi said:
Mmmm... MyVi? Sure underpowered? Heheheh... I personally think the 1.3 motor has something to give for modders... think DOHC 16V. Anyway, have to see it thru manufacturer's intention, market aim. MyVi is constructed mainly for economy, not for performance (but because this is Malaysia, u'll see the little bug fly like hell on Federal Highway later), and aimed at young executives. So the tuning is like... grandma's drivelaa, watch the fuel consumption. Even the Kelisa's not so fly when the motor is stock. Get a K&N or Racecraft CAI kit, plonk it in, JASMA approved catback and 1.6" full front to back piping... Voila!!! extra hamster power! (but let the warranty period pass first) But just don't expect much out of it though. 1.3 ain't gonna be a GT3 Porsche...
a car cc doesn't count in horse power, dude. A mazda RX-7 is also 1.3 litre. but it has 200++ horse power.

johndoe

Known Member
May 8, 2005
i wen to a pro audio car shop n ask them how to change the audio in MYVI. they said hard to take out becoz some of the electrical wires are attached close to the airbag function. worry if take out the audio system. ur airbag cannot work.
he say take risk.

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
City should be more powerful (despite having a less powerful engine, SOHC 8V for iDSI)... electric power steering n no torque converter unlike MyVi. Means, the 87hp is all yours. MyVi's 85bhp will be shared between the hydralic power steering pump and torque converter. In the end, less than 85hp... maybe 60hp at most or less.

But, 1 plus point... MyVi chassis is ligther than City... this will compensate for the lost of power.

Last, SOHC will be always faster during launching... why? Lighter engine and more low end torque. DOHC is heavy but has more med-high end torque.

Last edited:

Kopi

500 RPM
May 18, 2004
Cheras
Visit site
johndoe said:
a car cc doesn't count in horse power, dude. A mazda RX-7 is also 1.3 litre. but it has 200++ horse power.
Inline enginelah bro.. if MyVi IS a rotary... I'd sell my Datsun 510 and Satria.

DJmobile

500 RPM
Dec 13, 2003
myvi is a k car that is cute and looks nice also...
worth or not hard to say lah...

tarrant8877

500 RPM
Sep 12, 2004
KL / IPOH
Visit site
acbc said:
Last, SOHC will be always faster during launching... why? Lighter engine and more low end torque. DOHC is heavy but has more med-high end torque.
What u said is right between this DOCH and SOCH...
Usually DOCH use in bigger cc engine...But there r some in small cc engine also...

tarrant8877

500 RPM
Sep 12, 2004
KL / IPOH
Visit site
johndoe said:
i wen to a pro audio car shop n ask them how to change the audio in MYVI. they said hard to take out becoz some of the electrical wires are attached close to the airbag function. worry if take out the audio system. ur airbag cannot work.
he say take risk.
Aiks...look like there r some problem occur when we wanna change audio.....

Anyway, how come the car audio shop so fast know the electrical wires and structure inside since the car still not yet come out yet....

The Marketplace Latest

Recent Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Now that Ron 97 selling at RM2.46 and 95 at 2.26, only small difference of 20sen.
No need de-tune, add octane booster whatsoever, just pump 97, but not sure for how long this prices can stay on.
For now, my VR it is Ron 97 dy......:adore:

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience