is it worth to change to sport rim?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
<HR style="COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->hey all, i m using 4 stock steel rim for my kancil. the tyre are pretty new 80-85% for front and a old tyre which about 70-80% for rear..

there's a seller wanna exchange with me the rim JRD 13" with 2 80% tyre and 2 70% tyre for RM200...is it worth it?

i gonna spray black with blue/red lining..

the pic for the sport rim:

avoid JRD, to soft.
rm200 just to trade in ur besi rim, better stick to besi, paint black inside & metallic red lining looks cool

Last edited:
dont ever buy a JRD rims. had an experience last time. my rim broke when hit a pothole at low speed. taiwan rims and BSA shld be ok. if budget permits...go for japs rims...

dude, if you always park your car outside overnight, stick to your stock rim will be safer... malaysia economic bad, lot of ppl curi rim now...

avoid JRD lar... its heavy...
get taiwan ones can adi lo... japan ones, dont la... later kena curi more sakit hati...

worth it or not... i would say yes la if u want ur car look nice... but if u prefer more performance, use those money to do performance upgrade... plus, bigger rims will slow u down as they have bigger rolling resistance...

that rim if not mistaken is standard for satria. available in 13" and 14".

Guys,

Will the FC increase if we change from our stock 14" to maybe 15" or 16". Pickup speed also will be slugish with wider rims?

Would appreciate some comments on this.

Tks.

First, must see your car, if 1.5 the most is 15", but I using 14" for my wira. My concept is ori rim is 13" then I add 1" for it. If from 13" change to 15" the tachometer have to recalibrate if not you might overspeed without your knowledge.
If change to wider tyres, is good for your cornering, but FC will increase. Just my 1cent...

it's not satria rim la...satria rim pcd100, kancil pcd110..
anyway, decide to keep the stock rim..thanks

If low on budget, buy BSA, I using it now, no problem at all. If want to prevent it from thiefs, damage the rim abit, then nobody will take it. JRD I used it before, not that nice and heavy also.

if you wanna get a used rim anyway why not hunt for one at a chop shop, japenese rim also cost a few hundred only.

yesterday i visit my mech's house, saw one set of ssr rim he just bought, damn light, can pick up with one hand yet still shake it like your shaking a bottle of shaving foam.

note- my rim also JRD, but dunno where made one, old school deep dish that you usually found on old old celica. damn hard also hit curb and potholes all the time still okay.

agree w. rollakid... go to chop shop... u might get lucky....

howiechoo said:
it's not satria rim la...satria rim pcd100, kancil pcd110..
anyway, decide to keep the stock rim..thanks

double check, rim design is exactly of satria.

PCD is just a matter of machining. go to sport rim shop, any different design do come with different PCD to meet sales demand.

Rim Size vs FC

Bro,

my wira is 1.8 but I'm not sure if going for 16" is a good choice. Does weight of rims play a very important part in FC and especially pick up from stand still.

Tks .

Top Bottom