is it reliable and how's the fuel consumption...?

jkx130289

Known Member
Jul 2, 2006
Well.....not to insult or talk bad bout RE cars.....i am a RE admirer as well thats why i'm asking this.....thinking of getting a FC3S but i have heard people say engine not very reliable and will burst in high revs....is it true?and according to people as well the RX8's renesis 13b is the best and very reliable.....and i have a cousin that owns a RX-8 says that the RE's fuel consumption is worst than a Mercedes S280?if use for daily use and sometimes drifting....anyone knows the cost of petrol in a month?

Last edited:

- D i a b l o -

500 RPM
Sep 27, 2005
Shah Alam
bosstrain.blogspot.com
Hey there

I dont mean to be harsh,rude or anything,but i reckon you should have browse some threads before asking this.There is alot of threads with the same question you wanted to ask and its been answered many times.

i have heard people say engine not very reliable and will burst in high revs....is it true

WRONG.with proper maintanence and care,it can stand the test of time.

i have a cousin that owns a RX-8 says that the RE's fuel consumption is worst than a Mercedes S280?

MORE OR LESS THE SAME

I also own a RX-8 and a Jaguar XJ6 which has identical displacement with the Mercedes S280.I say its more or less the same,considering RX-8 tank empty much faster because the difference in sizes.

You might be inclined to think the fuel finish faster,but its also because the tank is smaller.

f use for daily use and sometimes drifting....anyone knows the cost of petrol in a month?

TOO GENERAL.

Depends on how you driving technique.Some drivers on the RX-8 can pull 360-400kmh per tank of fuel,some can do only 260-300kmh.

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
if concerned about fuel consumption, don't get an RE. Heck, don't even get any turbo cars.. go get a kancil heheh.

as diablo said, there is a sticky topic about reliability of RE. It's there for a purpose. Click & read. The End.

jkx130289

Known Member
Jul 2, 2006
- D i a b l o - said:
Hey there

I dont mean to be harsh,rude or anything,but i reckon you should have browse some threads before asking this.There is alot of threads with the same question you wanted to ask and its been answered many times.

i have heard people say engine not very reliable and will burst in high revs....is it true

WRONG.with proper maintanence and care,it can stand the test of time.

i have a cousin that owns a RX-8 says that the RE's fuel consumption is worst than a Mercedes S280?

MORE OR LESS THE SAME

I also own a RX-8 and a Jaguar XJ6 which has identical displacement with the Mercedes S280.I say its more or less the same,considering RX-8 tank empty much faster because the difference in sizes.

You might be inclined to think the fuel finish faster,but its also because the tank is smaller.

f use for daily use and sometimes drifting....anyone knows the cost of petrol in a month?

TOO GENERAL.

Depends on how you driving technique.Some drivers on the RX-8 can pull 360-400kmh per tank of fuel,some can do only 260-300kmh.
ok....thx for u all experienced people telling me..will note down all stuff adviced....:regular_smile:

jkx130289

Known Member
Jul 2, 2006
BTW....i still insist on getting a FC or FD....i'm a long time RE enthusiast.....but dont really know bout it.....if i really get it hope can join the RE CLUB......best club in Automotive Enthusiast...

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
jkx- the re club is always on the look out for enthusiast that can help build and sustain the reputation of rotary's. take time and read other posts here with regards to your questions.

jkx130289

Known Member
Jul 2, 2006
phat7 said:
jkx- the re club is always on the look out for enthusiast that can help build and sustain the reputation of rotary's. take time and read other posts here with regards to your questions.
ok sure thx for advice....:regular_smile:

elsm80

Known Member
Mar 21, 2006
Hahaha...

RE can also stand for really elitist...note...

Well, I'm no rotary club member though I drive one. I too am a newbie and advice you to read/research a little on this subject.

Having said that, to the best of my understanding; thsi forum is meant to educate and support the scene. I feel that when someone is actually genuine in asking a question about the rotary, it does not matter if the thread already exists. Share with him THEN tell him to read up...

People have a tendency to say if you have to ask how's the consumption...don't bother...

That does not answer the question at all....consumption is high like it or not, leave the decision to the potential buyer.

State the facts and not blah blah blah about misconceptions. On a stock standard FC3S with a Mark 5, a full tank can approximately give you 350 plus minus KMs in an urban driving environment. These numbers will of course vary depending on how heavy a foot you have. This 350 plus minus KM caters for sporadic blasts NOT over a sustained period.

As for reliability, its the same as any other engine as long as you don't get stupid with it and religiously follow the maintenance schedule using the RIGHT parts and materials.

Having stupid levels of boost without ancillary mods will like any other engine, kill the poor thing. Does not matter if you're using a 13B or a 2JZ or whatever other performance engine.

Same goes for the rev-ability of the car.

Stupid revving behaviour (8000rpm shifts all day long 365 days a year) = blown engine; unless of course your powerplant's a race spec engine with COMPREHENSIVE & REGULAR professional level maintenance regime.

Well, from newbie to newbie.....I may not be 100% right....but do bear with me.

Thanks

jkx130289

Known Member
Jul 2, 2006
elsm80 said:
Hahaha...

RE can also stand for really elitist...note...

Well, I'm no rotary club member though I drive one. I too am a newbie and advice you to read/research a little on this subject.

Having said that, to the best of my understanding; thsi forum is meant to educate and support the scene. I feel that when someone is actually genuine in asking a question about the rotary, it does not matter if the thread already exists. Share with him THEN tell him to read up...

People have a tendency to say if you have to ask how's the consumption...don't bother...

That does not answer the question at all....consumption is high like it or not, leave the decision to the potential buyer.

State the facts and not blah blah blah about misconceptions. On a stock standard FC3S with a Mark 5, a full tank can approximately give you 350 plus minus KMs in an urban driving environment. These numbers will of course vary depending on how heavy a foot you have. This 350 plus minus KM caters for sporadic blasts NOT over a sustained period.

As for reliability, its the same as any other engine as long as you don't get stupid with it and religiously follow the maintenance schedule using the RIGHT parts and materials.

Having stupid levels of boost without ancillary mods will like any other engine, kill the poor thing. Does not matter if you're using a 13B or a 2JZ or whatever other performance engine.

Same goes for the rev-ability of the car.

Stupid revving behaviour (8000rpm shifts all day long 365 days a year) = blown engine; unless of course your powerplant's a race spec engine with COMPREHENSIVE & REGULAR professional level maintenance regime.

Well, from newbie to newbie.....I may not be 100% right....but do bear with me.

Thanks
well.....thx elsm80...i find ur advice useful....hard to find ppl like these nowadays....thx:regular_smile:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I've installed pivot ignition earth on my toyota wish two weeks ago. The torque has improved but my FC seems to have dropped. Was quite disappointed as I installed this more for the FC improvement. I also noticed that the effect on city driving is more. Anyone facing the same problem? Is this expected? I'm contemplating to uninstall the cable. Comment?

:mad:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience