Intercooler size

Zeroshift

Known Member
Oct 19, 2004
i'm currently driving a wira 1.8 gsr,recently just change to a new intercooler, it's quite big. After changing the intercooler, My car boost can seems to hold... does the size of an intercooler affect the turbo boost? or izzit because of the downpipe(waste pipe)?

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
u change to bigger intercooler or smaller intercooler??..

yes, intercooler size does affect boost... bigger IC, more turbolag... big IC, small turbine, turbo spool kinda sluggish.... coz turbine not powerful enought to push air through the IC effective enough...

Zeroshift

Known Member
Oct 19, 2004
i've change to a bigger size intercooler. If not wrong the measurement is 600mm x 300mm, the thickness of the cooler i forget d....i'm using ori td04 turbo lo...My car boost once reach about 1 bar, then it will drop back to 0.7~0.8, can't hold at 1 bar. izzit bcos of the intercooler size too big or izzit something wrong with the turbo actuator?

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
its ur intercooler , too big bro , there will be pressure drop , u can research on the net for that

600x300 is SKYLINE size man

Zeroshift

Known Member
Oct 19, 2004
oo...actually i didnt wanted to use this intercooler, i wanted to buy 600 x 210, but no more stock, so just change to 600 x 300.

but now after i install the boost controller, the boost is ok..can be stable at 1 bar..but there another thing, when i full throttle my car, drag until 7k rpm, when shift into another gear, the car will jerk. Like suddenly boost cut a while, but i see my boost meter, the boost didnt drop...anyone know what wrong?

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
oo...actually i didnt wanted to use this intercooler, i wanted to buy 600 x 210, but no more stock, so just change to 600 x 300.

but now after i install the boost controller, the boost is ok..can be stable at 1 bar..but there another thing, when i full throttle my car, drag until 7k rpm, when shift into another gear, the car will jerk. Like suddenly boost cut a while, but i see my boost meter, the boost didnt drop...anyone know what wrong?
less throttle response adi lor... follow kenny sifoo advice... its time for u to upgrade bigger turbo system...

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
hehehe , of cos ur aif flow will be slower bro
and at the point of change gear, bov shoot out, it takes time for air flow to build again , errr btw, if u run a BOV to atmo then ur car run RICH while shift gear

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My mom just recently purchased an Avanza and wanted to do V-kool tinting for it. My question is-

- Is v-kool the best tinting in Malaysia? Other suggestions?

- Where can I do it somewhere in Cheras/KL by authorised installers?

- How much will it cost to so full tinting?

Thanks for your feedbacks....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience