increase bass without adding subwoofer

likeme88

Apr 2, 2009
hey..i would like to increase the bass, but i do not want to change the original player...so what if i change the speakers only?? what type of speakers should i install in order to get a decent nice bass???....using persona original player...

likeme88

Apr 2, 2009
so by adding amp and speakers is ok??..heard that adding amp will spoil the speakers...is it true?? and what about if i add those equalizer adjuster but not amp....

Last edited:

angeldeservetosleep

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
heaven
www.myteamcity.com
see ur speaker and amp power... :) if using stock speaker, yes. normally stock speaker 20++ watts only... if u change to aftermarkets speakers, their power atleast 50watts... HU is not capable to powered the speaker. thats where amps took parts.

likeme88

Apr 2, 2009
i see..thanks..so what brand would u recommend?? around RM300-500....good sound quality...especially bass.:biggrin:

bafukie

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2006
see whether the cd player comes with bass/treble tuning ability not... if yes, then just whack the volume up on bass lor..

cacin

1,000 RPM
Mar 9, 2005
Penang
Visit site
why not just get amp and sub?
if you get speakers and powers them with amp, still will involve some wiring and installation.
So, why not get a sub? what is your concern? I thought the persona boot space is kinda big.

likeme88

Apr 2, 2009
hmm...but i dont want too heavy bass....so that's why i think of changing speakers....like midbass on the front door panel and rear 6x9....will that helps??:smokin:

jchin2

Known Member
Sep 15, 2006
yes..it will helps..But if you want a better bass try to get a 2 channel amp to drive both the front & rear speaker...

just my 2cents

likeme88

Apr 2, 2009
i see...so 6x9 for the rear and midbass for the front door+4channel amp.....ok right??..what brand would u guys recommend??..

cacin

1,000 RPM
Mar 9, 2005
Penang
Visit site
hmm...but i dont want too heavy bass....so that's why i think of changing speakers....like midbass on the front door panel and rear 6x9....will that helps??:smokin:

define too heavy bass?

I thought if done & tune properly subwoofers can be invisible.
it is to reproduce sound from around 30Hz to the mid 80Hz (assuming you got LP).

most of the case, the woofers are put inside a box that's not meant for the sub and these boxes are also ported/vented. Hence you get a 'boost' at around 50 - 80Hz that's causing the 'heavy/boomy bass'.

furthermore, if you feel that the bass is too heavy, there's always the amp gain and bass boost setting that you can adjust right?

just my opinion though. :)

angeldeservetosleep

500 RPM
Jul 3, 2008
heaven
www.myteamcity.com
i dnt think woofer is heavy bass if it tune properly... it jz give u more precise base without disturbing ur eq. but since he not interest in woofer, i jz try to think something else. in my first tot, person dont want woofer due to space required...
infinity kappa perfect component + amp + eclipse player can gv u decent bass. but the vocal sound too much resonance. :) thats y i add woofer. if u add 6x9 the pro is u get decent bass but the cons is ur sound quality will be drop. i personally dont like rear speaker coz it jz disturbing my EQ. my set up jz one set component at fronts and single woofer. i apply two setting on the system. 1 seting is for SQ and another is for SPL one. i cant say my set up is good but atleast i can play both world as my mood changing~! i hope my opinion helps u.. ;)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/o-ASWqdhxQg" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="400" width="700"></iframe>

I found this video especially interesting since the A45 is currently one of the most sought after hot hatch today. Even more so now with the recently launched facelifted 380hp version.

In this video, ex-Petronas Team Syntium...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience