Inconsiderate and Cheapskate Motherf******

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Excuse the language in the topic but it had to be said.

Source: http://www.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2006/8/7/central/15062157&sec=central

Attitude that’s driving us all up the wall

VALLEY VIEW
By VICKY OOI

DOUBLE-parking and indiscriminate parking are a startling phenomenon in the Klang Valley and have become as ubiquitous as billboards.

It is a phenomenon that transcends social class and educational backgrounds.

Cars of all makes and models, reflecting the status of their owners, can be seen double-parked or taking up a lane of a double-lane street.

This lack of courtesy can be seen from Desa Setapak in Wangsa Maju, Overseas Union Garden in Jalan Kelang Lama and Taman Tun Dr Ismail to SS2 in Petaling Jaya, Subang Jaya and USJ, and is by no means limited to these areas.

Disconcertingly, illegal parking has reared its ugly head even in Kota Kemuning, Shah Alam, despite ample free parking bays surrounding the shoplots.

In Damansara Uptown, for instance, it is not uncommon to see a hapless car owner blasting his horn in frustration at the driverless-vehicle blocking his exit.

Irresponsible motorists are getting more brazen. If an unfortunate motorist - while carefully squeezing through the narrow passageway - were to honk at the culprit, the latter (if he happened to be in the illegally-parked vehicle) would blow his horn even louder as if to affirm he had every right to cause inconvenience.

At times, it is not merely an irritation; it can be dangerous, especially when a vehicle that has been carelessly parked at a road corner or near a junction obstructs the view of other drivers.

Slice away the layers of excuses and arguments, and we are left with the core of the problem - rudeness.

Inconsideration for your fellow Malaysians and motorists boils down to the trait that left Kuala Lumpur near the bottom of a Reader's Digest's courtesy poll.

Many urbanites who drive are also prone to the “that's too far to walk” syndrome, even if the distance involved is from the shopping centre's car park to the shops in the complex via escalators and elevators.

How else would one explain the cars parked illegally on the road in front of shopping complexes, particularly in Petaling Jaya, because it certainly could not be the parking fees.

In Kuala Lumpur city centre, the parking fees are steep yet people will pay. The alternative cost of parking outside designated spots will be dearer as they run a high risk of seeing a ticket from the police or City Hall on their car windscreens.

In Petaling Jaya, the most popular shopping centres charge RM1 for the first few hours, or flat rate for the day. Yet people refuse to pay that minimal sum and, instead, choose to contribute to the congestion by parking illegally without a thought to others.

One mall has brought the problem under control by putting in a stretch of barriers between lanes.

Urban motorists need to ponder the state of affairs. At this rate, driving schools might need to dedicate a class to teach road courtesy. Just as important as being a caring nation, we should strive to be considerate Malaysians. Besides, the “incidental exercise” from parking a little further from one's destination would be beneficial.
I guess we are no strangers to double parking and the topic has also been brought up here many many times. There is nothing much to say except be considerate, spare a thought for the driver of the car you are blocking, put yourself in their shoes and act accordingly. If you do block someone and he/she was waiting for you, APOLOGISE, you are the wrongdoer, not stare at them angrily or act as if they do not exist.

But what this article has also highlighted is something that truely gets under my skin. Because I can't for the life of me comprehend why some motherfuckers choose to park on the roadside when there is plenty of parking available. For example, the area around The Curve, Ikea, Ikano and Tesco. I live nearby and I frequent these places and never have I ever had parking problems (except Tesco on certain occasions). But, without fail there will be numerous cars parked alongside the road. Various makes and models, from Protons to BMWs. What? Can buy expensive car but cannot pay RM1 parking fee? Cheapo fuckers.

Or is it because their lazy tard asses couldn't be bothered to walk. Just the other day, I came out from The Curve, plenty of parking available, and just outside as usual, there are a line of cars on the roadside (despite the cones and chains there). I even saw a couple, apparently going to the gym judging by their attire, happily walking away from their not inexpensive car, which was "considerately" parked at one of the parking exits. Nice. I almost wanted to wind down the window and shout either; "You wouldn't need to pay for the gym membership if you weren't such lazy fucks!" or "Can pay for gym membership but cannot pay for parking ah cibai!".

End of rant. Discuss.

Last edited:

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Strange. Already 34 views and no replies.

Is there no one else who thinks this is a strange phenomenon or have I stepped on a lot of sensitive nerves here.

Last edited:

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
i think itz either we've all went thru this that it has became a norm...... orrr.... we're all doing this. hahahaha.

Duke Red

2,000 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Earth
I just got double parked last Friday morning after going to the Fitness First at Damansara Uptown. Parked in front of Std Chart and when I came out there was a car parked behind mine. Honked and marched up and down furiously for about 5 mins before the owner (a lady) came and moved her car.

Rule of thumb: If you ultimately have to double park, at least make sure your vehicle is in sight so you can move it when someone wants to get out. Parking in KL is shite and I don't think it's unreasonable to double park if you have to as long as you are within proximity of your vehicle.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Doesn't explain why these assholes have to indulge in "creative" parking EVERYWHERE they go. And I do mean everywhere. They have to park right at the doorstep to wherever they go even when there is an empty parking in sight.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
zephyr3d said:
i think itz either we've all went thru this that it has became a norm...... orrr.... we're all doing this. hahahaha.
I'm guessing it is the latter.

These bitching threads never gets stale no matter how many times they've been discussed because everybody sees it everyday.

So it has to be that many people here are actually guilty of doing such things.

If you are not, why not reply and tell me I'm wrong. If you are, why not reply and tell me I'm wrong.

Duke Red

2,000 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Earth
I admit I'm guilty. I double park but only when 1) I've been looking for parking for like 10 mins and there isn't any AND 2) when I'm within 20 ft of my car having lunch or a beer. Both conditions have to be met.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Duke Red said:
I admit I'm guilty. I double park but only when 1) I've been looking for parking for like 10 mins and there isn't any AND 2) when I'm within 20 ft of my car having lunch or a beer. Both conditions have to be met.
As said in the first post, I think it is a minimal requirement that people at least practice consideration for the other party. As you've done that, I don't think you are guilty.

Those who are guilty are those who have not applied any consideration and park indiscriminately regardless of situation just because it is convenient for themselves.

Furthermore, this time I'm not as annoyed about double parking as I am with cheapskate and/or lazy assholes who refuse to pay minimal parking fees but instead park on the roadside, clogging up the roads, blocking other motorists and generally being really annoying. Factor in the fact that most of these guys are probably normal, average, nice people. Why oh why then do they have to be such jackasses when it comes to parking?

Last edited:

Duke Red

2,000 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Earth
si|verfish said:
Furthermore, this time I'm not as annoyed about double parking as I am with cheapskate and/or lazy assholes who refuse to pay minimal parking fees.

Yeah I see that pretty often as well. Nice big cars parked at the side of the road to save a buck or so. I'm the sort that will pay for convenience.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Duke Red said:
Yeah I see that pretty often as well. Nice big cars parked at the side of the road to save a buck or so. I'm the sort that will pay for convenience.
As am I.

Probably still not convenient enough for some folks who would like to park as close to the entrance as possible. I just can't fathom this behaviour.

munky

1,500 RPM
Jul 18, 2004
PJ
www.playboy.com
Someone double parked behind my car in hartamas last week. And i had to wait for like 10 minutes in the car + 10 minutes outside. I even asked a driver who was waiting for his boss but he didn't notice where the driver went. Then i went to check out some dvds, then went outside the shop, the car was already gone. Damn cibai. How i wish i didnt go to the dvd shop. Luckily i wasnt in a rush or anything.

And yesterday went to ikea to eat. As usual, sunday maa, all the cars parked by the roadside la. But actually there were some empty parking in the parking lot, just like what silver said.

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
double parking is one thing....... but b4 i highlight on the point i wanna voice out.. let me share wit u my experience.. my worst by far. I've mentioned it b4... but hey.. itz still in my mind.

a yr ago, i brought my sick gf to clinic... she was working late.. and fallen sick.. so i brought her to a nearby clinic at ... erm.. usj..

after the consultation, we went to the car... and .. as usual.. got double parked... i horned... walk up and down for at least 15 minutes... walk to shops.. asked ppl.. clinic.. ask the nurse... etc... couldn't find the owner.

And guess wat? the owner was at the clinic counter... rite beside.. machauhai.. at tat moment i really wanna give him a punch. AND... he had the cheek reply to me "TUNGGU SEKEJAP TAK BOLEH?!" ...... so shouted back at him.. "HEY! U COULD AT LEAST ACKNOWLEDGE MY CALL FOR U!!! ASS HOLE!"

tat fucker just got into his car drove off as if nothing happened. Mahai.. tell u.. if my gf and her mom isn't wit me... i would have seriously gotten into a fight already (i know.. i know.. itz always the 'would have done it'... but hey.. itz true.. aint gonna spoil my img infront of my future mother-in-law).

anyway... back to the point i wanna bring up.. is those .. obstructors.. u know.. they never learn to park their car properly... instead of doing a side park.. they just fucking 'cucuk' in wit the butt off their car really blocking half of the already narrow road.

or etc.. la.. u know.. the typical never-learn-to-park-properly.... i will snap a pic of it ... i face it everyday on old klang road.. imagine... a 4 lane highway... and the asshole!!! dare to park like that.. itz already jam mann..... dont create more jam!

and i agree wit the author of that artical... OUG ... near steven's corner.. really a torrid moment driving there in the morning... as all the uncles and aunties simply park their cars just to go to market or breakfast.

last time i kena scolded by an uncle as i couldn't manouver my car out of the lane when he double parked his huge ass S-class beside me. He just stood there and look. So i sorta voiced out my displeasure... he replied in canto.. "dont drive if u can't drive.... so big space also cannot go out."

whalau.. early early morning kena rude awakening... kena slap terus.

Last edited:

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
munky said:
And yesterday went to ikea to eat. As usual, sunday maa, all the cars parked by the roadside la. But actually there were some empty parking in the parking lot, just like what silver said.
Even happens on weekdays, for godsakes. Some people are soooooooooooooooooo lazy they don't even bother to try to look. "Oh I'll just park wherever I want..."; Assholes...damn 3rd world mentality.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
zephyr3d said:
double parking is one thing....... but b4 i highlight on the point i wanna voice out.. let me share wit u my experience.. my worst by far. I've mentioned it b4... but hey.. itz still in my mind.

a yr ago, i brought my sick gf to clinic... she was working late.. and fallen sick.. so i brought her to a nearby clinic at ... erm.. usj..

after the consultation, we went to the car... and .. as usual.. got double parked... i horned... walk up and down for at least 15 minutes... walk to shops.. asked ppl.. clinic.. ask the nurse... etc... couldn't find the owner.

And guess wat? the owner was at the clinic counter... rite beside.. machauhai.. at tat moment i really wanna give him a punch. AND... he had the cheek reply to me "TUNGGU SEKEJAP TAK BOLEH?!" ...... so shouted back at him.. "HEY! U COULD AT LEAST ACKNOWLEDGE MY CALL FOR U!!! ASS HOLE!"

tat fucker just got into his car drove off as if nothing happened. Mahai.. tell u.. if my gf and her mom isn't wit me... i would have seriously gotten into a fight already (i know.. i know.. itz always the 'would have done it'... but hey.. itz true.. aint gonna spoil my img infront of my future mother-in-law).

anyway... back to the point i wanna bring up.. is those .. obstructors.. u know.. they never learn to park their car properly... instead of doing a side park.. they just fucking 'cucuk' in wit the butt off their car really blocking half of the already narrow road.

or etc.. la.. u know.. the typical never-learn-to-park-properly.... i will snap a pic of it ... i face it everyday on old klang road.. imagine... a 4 lane highway... and the asshole!!! dare to park like that.. itz already jam mann..... dont create more jam!

and i agree wit the author of that artical... OUG ... near steven's corner.. really a torrid moment driving there in the morning... as all the uncles and aunties simply park their cars just to go to market or breakfast.

last time i kena scolded by an uncle as i couldn't manouver my car out of the lane when he double parked his huge ass S-class beside me. He just stood there and look. So i sorta voiced out my displeasure... he replied in canto.. "dont drive if u can't drive.... so big space also cannot go out."

whalau.. early early morning kena rude awakening... kena slap terus.
These are cipek kurang ajar fuckers. It doesn't matter how much money they have or how big a car they drive, doesn't disguise the fact that the are no better than cavemen.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Car Model : Suzuki Swift 1.5at Bayside Blue
Date : 19/01/2011 3pm
Cause : My spare key was stolen by the thief
outlook : Monster n Swiftclubmalaysia decal on windscreen , CF bonnet , CF spoiler , Twin exhaust , ssr type c gun metal grey rims..
reg num : NCA5656
contact number : 0136375050

Fellow Zth forumers , plss look out for my car... only u guys can understand the passion v have for our cars... its not just a car , its part of our...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience