Improve braking system

katz79

Oct 11, 2008
i'm using 800 degree rapidstop now. works well in cold too but have to bear the heavy dust. might try ebc green after this or endless pad

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
i'm using 800 degree rapidstop now. works well in cold too but have to bear the heavy dust. might try ebc green after this or endless pad
How much are the RS pads? Long time ago ask was RM280 for my ride. EBC green at RM350, but heard some mention very fast wear. My Trestor only cost RM120....:driver:

katz79

Oct 11, 2008
How much are the RS pads? Long time ago ask was RM280 for my ride. EBC green at RM350, but heard some mention very fast wear. My Trestor only cost RM120....:driver:
bought at RM450. EBC green less dust right? but i google at RS pads they produce 900 degree pads now with minimal dust. :hmmmm:

quicksilver7

Known Member
Sep 15, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I have an inspira, and can testify that the stock brakes are crap. Upgraded to aftermarket brake pads for improved braking but the sponginess was still there. Changed to supercircuit steel braided brake hose kit and it solved it.

If i change to bigger rotors (on 16" rims), do I need to change to bigger calipers too?

katz79

Oct 11, 2008
I have an inspira, and can testify that the stock brakes are crap. Upgraded to aftermarket brake pads for improved braking but the sponginess was still there. Changed to supercircuit steel braided brake hose kit and it solved it.

If i change to bigger rotors (on 16" rims), do I need to change to bigger calipers too?
what rotor u gonna use? why don't u search if evo 4 caliper and above are compatible with inspira.

Neo_

Known Member
Sep 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
i have been hearing and i saw this rotor called jun . cost around Rm 700 per pair.
Slotted and drilled.Plug and play for most proton models. You can check it out bro.
I tested my one car which already fixed that rotor.Very the nice too

katz79

Oct 11, 2008
not sure. maybe the 330mm ones? the thing i'm not sure of is whether an upgrade to a bigger rotor (but same caliper) will make a difference to braking.
bigger rotor won't do much significant effect. caliper with twin pot and above will give tremendous effect.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
so keep same size rotor and change caliper to 2 pots?
If changing caliper might as well change both for better effect. Change rotor without changing caliper you need to check whether ii fits or not, then got to extend the caliper bracket too, that is why better change both.
If not then better pads and bigger servo will help too....

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------

bought at RM450. EBC green less dust right? but i google at RS pads they produce 900 degree pads now with minimal dust. :hmmmm:
Yup, EBC Green less dust. RS now up to 900c? wow!
EBC yellow also not that high....

Mr.Chaser

4,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2009
Johor
Hi

My inspira braking system not so good...anyone have idea how to improve?
If u need bigger rotor, do let me know as I got a set of VTTR 303mm 2pc disc rotor :driver:

katz79

Oct 11, 2008
so keep same size rotor and change caliper to 2 pots?
when u bought the caliper, it comes together with the rotor. but please do research whether it is compatible with inspira and cost. its not cheap to change caliper

Last edited:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

is there any product can do DIY touch up?...coz my door had a few paint chipped down due to my door protector rubber's steel which contains in it, and it chipped down my door paint, i guess i need to do something before it rust...so is there any thing can i do wit it now?...

and is that possible i can do DIY touch up for my bodykit? since there slightly a few scratch on the kit...dun wanna spend money to repaint whole thing, waste money -_-"
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience