Im interested to buy a rx8(m)

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
They are on PAR with certain performance cars if tuned properly :biggrin: Even stock adi outrun many better stock cars...or to
say higher cc cars...

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Any examples?
You seems not to really like CR-Z eh? :rofl: Whenever I promote CR-Z a bit, you will appear :laugh:

Stock higher cc cars, take my stock Altis as example then. Tested with my friend's CR-Z.
Stock CR-Z tested with Nissan Teana 2.5 before as well.

Stock itself already can have such great results, tuned up won't be able to be on PAR with
certain performance cars? Tell me about it. Just because is Hybrid doesn't mean it cant perform.

Or u may test out urself with your new heart altis, experience it yourself.

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
I have no issues with CRZ bro, but what you mentioned is with 'performance' cars which of course related to sports car not our normal sedan cars. Of course we are talking about stock to stock basis, if tuned up then is different story as even a 86 can plonk in a 2JZ and say it can win many other cars.

On the other hand, the CRZ you tested was manual or auto?

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
To be fair, I think CRZ is a fantastic hybrid-sporty car, but able to match traditional high performance cars? I doubt that....and to be clear, I don't consider Altis or Teana to be under the 'high performance' car category. What kind of performance cars are you talking about?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I have no issues with CRZ bro, but what you mentioned is with 'performance' cars which of course related to sports car not our normal sedan cars. Of course we are talking about stock to stock basis, if tuned up then is different story as even a 86 can plonk in a 2JZ and say it can win many other cars.

On the other hand, the CRZ you tested was manual or auto?
Yes bro, what I'm trying to say is, stock CR-Z alone is already consider to be able to perform
better than what many have expected or to say real powerful for a 1.5 hybrid.

So, if a tuned up CR-Z for instance say Supercharged, I believe it can compete with a few performance cars. If were to compare a Stock CR-Z with say Type-R civic, of course is impossible.

So, Stock I compare with Stock cars like Altis and Teana. Tuned up CR-Z, which performance
car it can really have some go with, I can't comment much since I have not tested or even
driven one before myself. Just a thought of what a tuned up CR-Z can do. I believe it would
be a worthy challenger.

My friend's CR-Z Manual. Totally can't catch up from stand still...Teana case is what my friend
told me. Another friend of mine with 4AGE blacktop SEG, A/T. Can't believe he lost to a CR-Z but
not sure is modded or stock. Since is a street race. (I think you know him) :smile: recently changed to
MR2

Really impress with the CR-Z man. :top:

To be fair, I think CRZ is a fantastic hybrid-sporty car, but able to match traditional high performance cars? I doubt that....and to be clear, I don't consider Altis or Teana to be under the 'high performance' car category. What kind of performance cars are you talking about?
Not to say high performance car, Altis and Teana definitely can't be under high performance category, that part about Altis and Teana is actually comparing stock vs stock.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Sorry brothers, we all love cars. I hope I did not ignited any fight here. I like CRZ, even before buying the 8, I asked my wife if she's interested in new CRZ, used E60, used Cooper-S or used RX8 and lastly, her choice was RX8.

And those that tailgated me not only CRZ, it includes tonnes of Kancil and Wira turbos too. And also Myvi turbos. :)

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

On performance, let's compare stock vs. stock, I too think that CRZ is no way near any high performance cars. Probably it's 1.5 hybrid will be on par with normal 2L street family car (128hp) but that's about it.

If we talk about tuned ones, even Kancil can be dreadfully fast. So just stay with stock comparison ya.. peace!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Sorry brothers, we all love cars. I hope I did not ignited any fight here. I like CRZ, even before buying the 8, I asked my wife if she's interested in new CRZ, used E60, used Cooper-S or used RX8 and lastly, her choice was RX8.

And those that tailgated me not only CRZ, it includes tonnes of Kancil and Wira turbos too. And also Myvi turbos. :)

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

On performance, let's compare stock vs. stock, I too think that CRZ is no way near any high performance cars. Probably it's 1.5 hybrid will be on par with normal 2L street family car (128hp) but that's about it.

If we talk about tuned ones, even Kancil can be dreadfully fast. So just stay with stock comparison ya.. peace!
No worries bro, no argument just discussion :biggrin:

Yes, which is why I stated if TUNED properly, can be on PAR with some performance cars, not to pick those high performance type. Well, ya to be fair, just compare stock vs stock.

Anyway, back to topic, RX8 is nice, yet it has 4 doors, very convenient. A hidden rear doors that remain it 2 doors beauty look sports car.

But many said is not cheap to maintain. Not really easy either and it drains fuel greatly too.
But still up to individual preferences. Came across most girls also love RX-8 a lot :smile:

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
High maintenance and high fuel intake is true. But when one has the passion for the car, I think these are very low or even ignored reasons when decisions are made. :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i just curious...this is my 2cent idea....
if u notice that in the market...small strobe light...usually people connect it to the brake light...then it goes blink2...
wut im trying to do is, connect it to the small light infront....then put a switch....open it la...not with the blue casing la.......
so, put it facing the light chrome....then it will reflect better....
any cfu's can give me comment about my 2cent ideas?
then we no need to buy the expensive one...but surely the expensive...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience