i want to confess...

Cow

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
Visit site
Sandra: ehe, suspension kaput already ler..now like sometimes too soft and then sometimes hard like dunno wut.. i also dunno how to explain.. take corner also scary like hell

Daniel: when got the $$ la :P

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
babyishfemme said:
Cool... i tried max 160km/h and it was syok!! but i never go above 160km/h. Roy, steering shake if i go fast on highway. is that normal?
nope.

balance got problem. check tires pressure/ balancing.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
Cow said:
wah, luckily i couldn't join you guys that night.

my suspension all kaput already, wouldn't wanna risk going past 140km/h with dead suspension...
gerald, dun get me wrong, i didn't do that in the convoy (did it some where else). Daniel can confirm that. :biggrin:

Kelvin just change his suspension. about RM200 something per stroke from Mr.Lee.

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
Yupe, yupe! Cow, we didn't even do more than 120km/h.:_:
BS didn't beat the 200km/h barrier that day cos I need him to guide me to the gathering venue.
If BS do it that day, sure I lost in the middle of the journey cos I'm driving at snail pace only.........:angel_smile:

Talking about Kelvin, that day he showed me his repair bill.
Wow, the list of parts was very long.
He change this, change that, repair this and repair that.
The total amount of the bill almost touch RM2,000.

Yu911

Known Member
Aug 17, 2006
www.cardomain.com
I hit 215km/h before with my ori engine, I think still can go more if no car blocking, it take a long long time to get 215km/h. With 17" rim
I think at night with HID light, not so many car sure can hit 220km/h
Any 1 are looking for adjustable suspension?

Tuscani9889

Known Member
Apr 3, 2005
Visit site
Tuscani drag Celica

Since BS confess.....

Today on the way to client along NKVE....cut on the left by yellow Celica with bodykit. Aha.....time to test the ECU tuning ?

SO enter third gear tiptronic n depress accelerator. 130...140..150...160
Distance maintain from him bout 10 meter in 4th gear. He got some Hypertune Sticker on the back. Well coming to some traffic, block him on both lanes so have to slow to 150. Lorry on left slowing to create a gap...heres chance and I'm dragging the third gear near half rev. Tail near as possible and...gun the throttle, overtake on left!!
Now can hear his VVTLi starting man....mmmm sounds like vtec, echo by my own engine, however soon I reach 7000 rpm no cut yet, snap to 4th and he is trailing just behind. My guess is that my superior torque didn't give him time to reach his VVTLi max power. Shortly after reach turn off to Jelutung and I turn off in the lead.YEEEEHAAWWWWW!!!!!:shades_smile:

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
Yu911 said:
I hit 215km/h before with my ori engine, I think still can go more if no car blocking, it take a long long time to get 215km/h. With 17" rim
Yu, you wanna give me your high-low adjustable suspension to me free? :biggrin:

Ace

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Penang
RD1 and RD2 are sharing the same chassis and body. Basically the weight are the same. The stability of going high speed higly depends on your suspension/shock and tyres/rim. With a proper tyre alightment and balancing coupled with good condition suspention will provide very stable ride. My car no problem at all even at 210Km/h that I tried on AlorStar highway.
Coupe's curvy body also help in aero dynamic. To those who is using spacer for their rim might have a bit of vibration problem when going high speed. Solution? change rim that match your spec lah. :_:

Daniel Lee said:
Sandra, I think normal Coupe will not face any problem hitting speed above 180km/h.
Roy is a good example for this as he hit the speed of 200km/h RECENTLY.:_:

The max I try before was 180km/h on the North-South highway racing an EVO and my coupe can still accelerate further but I didn't floor the pedal any further.
RD1's weight is consider quite heavy to me and because of this I felt that my Coupe is very stable even at high speed.
If I'm not mistaken, RD2 is lighter than RD1. Wengfhai said that my RD1 was much more stable than his RD2 when he ride my car last Saturday. I'm not sure about the statistic. This is just based on the feedback from Wengfhai and me.
The engine is very responsive in the way that whenever I floor the pedal, the engine will power the car right away even at the speed of 160+km/h.

:_:

Ace

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Penang
Yu,
i think 215 Km/h is max already. When I'm on 15" I hit 218 Km/h before and 100% sure that it can go a bit further as I bouncing off from my RPM because it hit the rev cut already on 5th gear. If only we could raise the rev cut a little further then it can hit 220KM/h. Mine rev cut at 7000rpm.

:_:

Yu911 said:

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
Ace, i spend too much on the rim, no money to change oledi. :biggrin:
yup, I have spacer installed. Looking for a better 1, according to others in the forum, a spacer with RM300-400 per pair give you lesser vibration.

Ace

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Penang
BS,
The best is to go without any spacer. I have mine without spacer. BSA rim have the spec for our coupe. Now the ride is even more firm and stable.

Last edited:

Cow

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
Visit site
i'm looking into adjustables.

anyone got experience with adjustables on the rd1?

Ace

500 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Penang
adjustable is too expensive to try. The moment you got one that is not to your liking then you are doomed already.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all...
Any workshop to recommend which located at JB which allowed me to do some minor or major mod for my car (hyundai coupe)???
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience