Hyundai tops in Strategic Vision Total Quality Awards

davidv00

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2006
Selangor

Strategic Vision has released its results for the 2007 Total Quality Awards, and the final tally is a bit surprising. For the first time ever, Hyundai has risen to share the position of having the most models leading a segment, along with Nissan. Both brands had three models with the top Total Quality Index (TQI) score in their segments, including the Hyundai Azera, Entourage, Santa Fe and Nissan Maxima, Quest, and Titan. The other surprise is that Toyota, long a leader in perceived quality, led no segments, though its vehicles still improved their TQI scores.

We like the Strategic Vision Total Quality Awards because they attempt to measure more than just the number of problems per vehicle. Vehicles that are more likely to make emotional connections with their owners tend to earn better TQI scores, for instance. That's why, according to the report, the VW Rabbit beat out other strong contenders in the small car class like the Honda Fit, Nissan Versa and Toyota Yaris.

You can check out all the segment leaders after the jump, and view all the rankings by clicking here.

[Source: Strategic Vision]

Small Car
Honda Civic (882)

Small Multi-Function
Volkswagen Rabbit (880)

Medium Car
Saturn Aura (892)
Nissan Maxima (891)

Large Car
Hyundai Azera (901)

Small Specialty Under $25,000
Mini Cooper (911)

Near Luxury Car
BMW 3-Series Sedan (919)

Luxury Car
Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan (938)

Convertibles Under $30,000
Mini Cooper Convertible (905)

Convertibles Over $30,000
Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (930)

Minivan
Kia Sedona (866)
Hyundai Entourage (866)
Nissan Quest (865)

Small SUV
Hyundai Santa Fe (885)

Medium SUV
Kia Sorento (889)

Medium Crossover
Dodge Magnum (882)

Large SUV
Ford Expedition EL (918)

Near Luxury SUV
Lexus RX 350 (905)

Luxury SUV
Mercedes-Benz ML (915)

Standard Pick-Up
Honda Ridgeline (879)

Full-Size Pickup
Nissan Titan (876)
Ford F-150 (875)

Heavy Duty Pickup
Ford F-250/350 (876)

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
JDPower 2006 already show that most of the Hyundai Model appear in top 3 rank. :biggrin:

limch1

Known Member
Oct 27, 2004
PJ
www.geocities.com
Hyundai really improve a lot over the years as all the new model is so much nicer in term of build and quality. Even for the 2006 Sonata and 2007 Elantra.

I really hope our M'sian will be proud of their own car one day. Rakyat has been suffer for more than 20 years to pay much more for their car. It's time to change.

TCSIM

1,000 RPM
Apr 20, 2007
Yup.. Hyundai started off as a budget car just like our national made car.. But then today Hyundai has got their cars into so many worldwide races.. We can see their improvements...

davidv00

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2006
Selangor
hyundai able to prove to American by quality and cost of ownership but not malaysian. hyundai has been here for at least 3 decades but right now malaysian still found to japanese.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
david, what to do, Japan government sense the treat of Korean car few years ago and it's no secret that Malaysia government owe Japan government a lot of debt.

So the brilliant Japanese government team up with Malaysia government, lower tax for Japanese car and increase Korean car import tax for car and parts, which make Korean car uncompetitive in Malaysia market.

davidv00

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2006
Selangor
well, that was true once a upon of time, now korean car is far more low cost to build than Japanese cars b4 and after taxation.

there was incident that Korean car have to under declare their cost of car in order to sell even cheaper.

take Hyundai Accent for instance, 1.5L SOHC baru RM60k++ after tax, the listing price on book is RM68K but they give every customer RM8K discount without claims. whats the price before tax? lolx....

though this car is not luxury but just another few Ks compared buying any 1.5L or 1.6L Protons and Perodua rite?

sometimes i wonder the impact of Japanese colonization was so deep?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Is there someone who can tel me the specification,s
of the mivec engine and the GTI engine

i have heurt the mivec engine can make 9000 U/min
And some one else told the mivec can make 7500 U/min
And the 1.8 GTI they have told me 7500
and a nother told me 6500

whits are tru ?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience