how to test drive the 2nd Airtrek Turbo?

biao

Known Member
Oct 21, 2012
perak / ipoh
Hi all,
i plan to buy Airtrek Turbo, so may i ask you all, how to check and test drive this car for find out this car got problem and accident before. got any thing need to more attention? engine? body sound? thank you.:driver:

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
There's a long list to look for if you wanted to buy a used trek. It has been discussed before here. You might want to check the older pages here and look for the correct thread that we talked about this... if I have time, I look for it and paste it for you.

biao

Known Member
Oct 21, 2012
perak / ipoh
There's a long list to look for if you wanted to buy a used trek. It has been discussed before here. You might want to check the older pages here and look for the correct thread that we talked about this... if I have time, I look for it and paste it for you.
tq bro. because in my area, i think do not have any foreman know to repair or have experience on this car.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Your location says you're in KL. So you do not need to worry. We have a popular workshop with a mechanic that is expert with Airtrek and Evos. He can help to solve almost all issues. Location is Banda Kinrara.

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

There you go:

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...s-before-buying-airtrek-2-0-turbo-2003-a.html

Additional info which may be helpful.

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...415372-mind-to-share-about-airtrek-turbo.html
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...ek-club/417917-airtrek-turbo-for-newbies.html

biao

Known Member
Oct 21, 2012
perak / ipoh
Your location says you're in KL. So you do not need to worry. We have a popular workshop with a mechanic that is expert with Airtrek and Evos. He can help to solve almost all issues. Location is Banda Kinrara.

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

There you go:

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...s-before-buying-airtrek-2-0-turbo-2003-a.html

Additional info which may be helpful.

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...415372-mind-to-share-about-airtrek-turbo.html
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...ek-club/417917-airtrek-turbo-for-newbies.html
sorry bro. now my location is perak.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
I see... read the thread I shared. Will give you some ideas. But bear in mind, car is old, so no matter how good the condition is, there'll be repairs or maintenance unavoidable.

resh9999

Known Member
Feb 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi Biao, I am orginally from Ipoh n been residing in Kl for many years. I do come to Ipoh quite often as my out laws n parents are here. The last time i had a problem which was recently , I took my car to Kuala Kangsar Road . I will get u the exact add and the shop name once u get your monster.

. This mechanic is well versed with OBD scanner and can detect

biao

Known Member
Oct 21, 2012
perak / ipoh
Hi Biao, I am orginally from Ipoh n been residing in Kl for many years. I do come to Ipoh quite often as my out laws n parents are here. The last time i had a problem which was recently , I took my car to Kuala Kangsar Road . I will get u the exact add and the shop name once u get your monster.

ok, i haven't view the car yet. once i test the car will take photo.:driver:
i just scare if no buddy can repair this car on here then i will faint on future.

. This mechanic is well versed with OBD scanner and can detect

ok, i haven't view the car yet. once i test the car will take photo.:driver:
i just scare if no buddy can repair this car on here then i will faint on future.

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

I see... read the thread I shared. Will give you some ideas. But bear in mind, car is old, so no matter how good the condition is, there'll be repairs or maintenance unavoidable.
ya, i know. ofcos im not expect is like new. i just do not want have some big problem on the car.
if not need to repair also hard for me on here.

resh9999

Known Member
Feb 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
This a the best platform to learn about this car . Infact i am still learning from all the expert here thou having the monster for for past 2 years. Parts might be a issue in Ipoh but then u still can get frm Kl or Ah Wah n even frm some members here. Looking forward to drive side by side with u in Ipoh. Cheers.:driver::driver:

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

I am still in Ipoh . If u need any assistance to c the car , I am willing to help with what ever knowledge
i have .:listen:

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
This a the best platform to learn about this car . Infact i am still learning from all the expert here thou having the monster for for past 2 years. Parts might be a issue in Ipoh but then u still can get frm Kl or Ah Wah n even frm some members here. Looking forward to drive side by side with u in Ipoh. Cheers.:driver::driver:
wahh... side by side u mean 400m sprint haa? hehehe

anyway, gudluck bro biao on getting an airtrek.. on n all, engine parts are a no brainer job. most mechanic can overhaul one.. only some less popular parts kinda abit hard to find. it needs more effort than other more popular car... anyway dont worry, we're still here if u need help..

biao

Known Member
Oct 21, 2012
perak / ipoh
i just do not understand below checking:

- Pedal to metal to ensure the car doesn't jerk. Many Airtrek Turbo has this problem. It could be a variety of issues ranging from simple plug issue all the way to turbo or even MAF sensor which is not cheap to replace.
- Gearbox, drive fast and drive slow, do not turn on the audio and listen with windows close for any abnormalities, ensure no jerking, clanking and gear change is noiseless. Try the same with manual mode too.

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

I am still in Ipoh . If u need any assistance to c the car , I am willing to help with what ever knowledge
i have .:listen:
ok tq bro. i haven arrange the time view the car, cos owner oversea.

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

wahh... side by side u mean 400m sprint haa? hehehe

anyway, gudluck bro biao on getting an airtrek.. on n all, engine parts are a no brainer job. most mechanic can overhaul one.. only some less popular parts kinda abit hard to find. it needs more effort than other more popular car... anyway dont worry, we're still here if u need help..
ok tq u all.

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:28 PM ----------

if engine fails, a good reason to just get 2.4L kit. hehehe....:wavey:
2.4L? wah....

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
- Pedal to metal to ensure the car doesn't jerk. Many Airtrek Turbo has this problem. It could be a variety of issues ranging from simple plug issue all the way to turbo or even MAF sensor which is not cheap to replace.

Explanation: Fully depress the pedal and race the engine. Pull the RPM to 7000 rpm. Obser for problem like rough revving or jerking. If there is, it could have problems like I explained.

- Gearbox, drive fast and drive slow, do not turn on the audio and listen with windows close for any abnormalities, ensure no jerking, clanking and gear change is noiseless. Try the same with manual mode too.

Explanation: THis is to test the gearbox. Do not switch the radio on. Drive with 'D' and manual mode. play around with the gears. Notice for noise or jerking during gear change.

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

Yes, 2.4L is yummy and works perfectly well with bigger turbo. With adequate supporting mods, you get around 300whp.

biao

Known Member
Oct 21, 2012
perak / ipoh
If you find that the car has issues, I suggest you to give it a miss. Or if you really badly wanted it, send it to a mechanic you know and ask him to check.

What is your budget for this car?

Last edited by a moderator:

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Opps BIAO, sorry cos I mis-edited your reply. Sorry.. but my answer is above. My apology.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

how to polish that in this picture...?i use satria and its black colour...!!i have to paint it back or...use something else..??
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience