How To Remove Hard To Reach And Hard To Clean Dirt

davidv00

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2006
Selangor
Hi there,

Lately a friend of mine teaches me how to clean those hard to reach and hard to clean dirt on your engine block using a cheap and effective way -- Carburetor Cleaner

ATTENTION BEFORE START USING -- this Carburetor Cleaner (CC) is corrosive to plastic, paint and your hand, so cover things that should be covered and wear a gardening glove. Wash your hand with clear water to avoid itchiness.

Just put a cloth surrounding the area of dirt, spray the dirt using CC like a water gun, the dirt will move and quickly apply using the cloth to remove the dirt while its still wet. The CC will creates bubbles like chemicals if the stain is very strong, but you will amazed how good the CC works.

I cleaned my engine head after twice oil leakage incidents and now my engine head block looks cleaner than ever!

For best effect, use divide and conquer technique to clean your engine head or any aluminum and metal parts.

The CC cost RM20 SRP and you can either share with your friends cause the bottle will last you at least 10-15 times cleaning.

Good luck, be safe and enjoy a cleaner engine bay look.:_:

DISCLAIMER: USE AT YOUR OWN RISK

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com
the best carb cleaner i have use is STP brand, blue/red bottle.
it dissolve grime, oil stain, gum quickly.
but it also dissolve paint. so use it carefully. avoid contact with paint.

jzkzlz

Jan 16, 2007
digitalgadget.cjb.net
is carburetor cleaner better than degreaser?? i use normal degreaser but cannot remove hard dirt.
maybe its the time to try carburetor cleaner to remove the hard oil stain..
where can we buy it? do spare parts shop sell it?

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com
i think carb cleaner more powerful.
coz of its solvent. just carefull noy to spray on paint.

sparepart, acc. shops, brothers also have. price not more than rm20.
ithink around rm16-17 only for STP brand.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

anyone know a good toyota workshop, not their service centre plss.. it cost a bomb to send old car to them, i am using toyota corolla 1992. need to do a complete engine overhaul..

looking for area in KL or Selangor..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience