Car cannot start after remove alarm system

drew1.0beta

Known Member
May 27, 2006
Hi all,

My family have a 97' Ford Lynx 2 door hatch powered by B8 1.8 NA Engine. Me and my dad decided to remove the stock alarm system because we no longer utilised the remote switch. Unfortunately, we forgot to label the wires before cutting them and now the car cannot start!

Everything seems to be working fine when the key is fully turned, but NOT the starter motor (the relay works but the motor doesnt start). I believe its because we have already cut off the wires of the alarm system which were supposed to connect to the starter.

Can anyone help me with this? :(

Thanks alot!!

Regards,
Drew

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
best is to refer to the mechanic that familiar with wiring....most probably the car comes with immobilizer....it cuts of the fuel supply or as u said starter.....maybe.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

A fren of mine who's driving an older version of Honda City is having problems with his front absorbers. He's looking at changing to Monroe shocks that are branched to:
1) Sensa-Trac
2) Reflex

He's wondering which is better. He's not really into performance as he's looking more at comfort compared to performance (totally dislikes bumpy rides). I actually recommended stock suspensions but he wanted to try out something that has the best of both worlds that can provide both comfort with...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience