how to raise a gap for the front bonet?

feudalklippe

Known Member
Apr 25, 2005
Sunway
philipplim said:
hi there,

Just finish doing my raise bonnet thinge..havent test it yet..but its quite easy le..no hassle in doing it...but the worst thing is you guys know there is a sensor in the bonnet itself..the thing can detect the closing of bonnet thus when i lock my car , the alarm goes off...its located near the left hand conner near the firewall...so the simple solution is "i disconnected it"..

happy trying!
cheers.
phil
i also did that..hehe

feudalklippe

Known Member
Apr 25, 2005
Sunway
jinkl said:
aiseh man.. lucky i saw this topic :) hehe..
need to jack my hood cos timing belt cover hitting the top :)
tried looking for the hydraulic thing.. could get em in brothers hehe :D
but i tink if u jack the hood.. it would be safer to put hood pins also rite..
just browsed to this thread..i think there's stocks at abang's jalan klang lama..price around rm 180.can't remember...

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
lol dude......y need so much money?

i tot RM0 as for washers i got a lot different sizes @ home

float up the bonet to let the trapped hot air release out only right?

add some washers can already ma.....but i duno how to DIY step by step

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
LIFT up the bonet is not only for look.

It for letting out hot air in engine. very effective if u use open pod
as air input to throttle body must keep as cold as possible to maximize
power. a lot of racers cars also do this. i DIY it before. bought some
nuts and washers at DIY shop.. rm3.50 sap sap sui only.. i put 3 washers
in.. looks nice at my city... but finally found not much effect since i m using
drop in filter with cold air intake hose. so i took it out edi.

just be careful when fixing it.. my colleagues lifted his bonet on his satria 1.6..
at 120km/h++, suddenly the bonet pops up and hit windscreen, because when u put washer, the front side insert to lock with lot of stress.. so wind speed and vibration caused it to unlock...... pity him.

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
goh,

i try.

u need washers.. the thicker is better. u also can use nuts (which is more thicker). if use nut is a bit difficult cause u need to screw it in.

open up the bonet and use umbrella to hold the bonet on position. its best to have a fren hold it for u. i used umbrella since im alone during diy it.

at the hinge, unscrew the bolt one side at a time (left or right side up to u).. my car had 2 bolts at each sides. between the hinge and bonet, put the washers in
and rescrew in the bolts (but dont tighten first).

do the same for the other side.

try to close the bonet to lock it in. then open it back a bit and tighten all bolts.

finish.

e819

1,000 RPM
Dec 7, 2004
ill post some pics 2moro if i remember.. simple DIY.. did it on the 1st day when i got my car.. no diff la.. just when raining downside of from window like got hot air coming out.. 90% ppl do it just for looks only...

feudalklippe

Known Member
Apr 25, 2005
Sunway
some ppl plunk in bigger engine,and rais the bonnet.some just do it for fun..me 2.hehe.but make sure it is properly done, or else u will compromise wif ur safety..

magixk

Known Member
Oct 6, 2006
The alarm sensor and water from rain are worrying me leh...

I'm going to buy the bonnet absorber thing, so I think my bonnet will raise up. But then I scare lar.

Noticed my alarm and siren is on the firewall. After that is my throttle body. Then below the throttle body is alternator.

If any of these kena water, then how? Will it broke?

e819

1,000 RPM
Dec 7, 2004
dont wory.. if use 3 washers.. no water will come in.. the alarm sensor theres a size 10 not.. loosen it and pust it upwords a bit.. no problem till now.. my car already 3 yrs like this..

andrew_viper

500 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Petaling Jaya
www.havekill-nopay.com
done before and it broke the bonnet braket inside..cos when u lift up the bonnet the nut/washer will hold ur bonnet instead of the whole braket,it only apply force to the bonnet.It happens especially when u are driving over speed bumps..maybe i was driving fast without noticing the cracks on the bonnet..but i'm satisfied with the mod :) cheers bro*

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
andrew_viper
broken liao so how? can be replaced?

change whole bonet?

now still lifted your bonet?

andrew_viper

500 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Petaling Jaya
www.havekill-nopay.com
of course still lifted my bonet lo..needed the ventilation ma..yeah can do welding to fix back..but i'm affraid that the braket & welding works wont hold firmly cos i;m affraid the whole bonet will fly off so i decided to change the whole bonet lo..rm50 only wurt..no point saving the money if the whole bonet fly and caused more damage..worst it could endanger your life..happy mod bro*