How to make wira rear suspension high?

Blue>8756

Known Member
Apr 8, 2006
Hi all forumers, need some tips n advise from u guys

I'm using wira and want to do like wira rally, mcm wira rally tertutup tampin yang people nowdays buat la, yang nampak tinggi blakang n jongket tu..
But with cheap cost without using adjustables..
others people said use Honda SV4/SR4 or integra spring, n others said use spring waja.. is it true? But with using with those spring kena potong or bakar x? ke ngam2 masuk without mod? n how much fingers gap after do? How bout stability n comfortable? I'm using stock wira 1.6 absober n spring, altough dah inject n tambah bush.. but still look lowered.. oh ya, i'm using 195/60 tyres..

So if u guys have some ideas n sesapa yang ada tips or yang dah buat cutting like rally look, plese tell me ok.. Thx!

Last edited:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Why?.....just like Dunhill used to say la....

Ada Mutu, Ada keunggulan....hihihi.

Maybe the owner is a weekend rally driver......

Anyway, the car with high "butt" normally suitable for for FR car (good when acceleration time due to weiight shift of the car). For Wira that is FF, its just for look only nia...nothing else.....

Redline_club

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2005
www.redline-club.com
ya i heard tht bfore my cousin last time use honda absorber...spring i donno lo, waja spring can fit wira, but donno how many finger. higher car not stable, unless yr car is 4WD thts nvm...haha...

cyilaw

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
kuantan
Visit site
i saw many car with this kind of weird set up. but y call it rally look? i dun think is rally look coz just jack up the rear, rally look is high from front to rear...heheh....right? may be can call it drag look....

btw, few year back my wira look like rally car. i using ori evo3 suspension system include spring. and i using rally tyre that time, can use gravel rally tyre 195/65/15 and 5 adult inside my car pass bump without scratch the mudgard, so u can imagine how high it is. and i sold the suspension with spring just Rm200...

edwin_lcw

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Setapak
use tyre size to cheat the height .... use thicker on the back thinner on the front ....

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
blue, u can try to get a rubber boost for the absorber..
a lot of taxi in kl do that...
or adj absorber also ok for u...
but not stable 1 le.. just nice only..
good luck...

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
edwin_lcw said:
use tyre size to cheat the height .... use thicker on the back thinner on the front ....
i second edwin, why dont go the easy way??

maybe 195/50 R15 tyres at front and 205/60 R 15 at rear??

and one thing about stability...forget them. you are going for looks only. the trend would be over in the next 6-10 months; believe me.

Redline_club

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2005
www.redline-club.com
zan said:
i second edwin, why dont go the easy way??

maybe 195/50 R15 tyres at front and 205/60 R 15 at rear??

and one thing about stability...forget them. you are going for looks only. the trend would be over in the next 6-10 months; believe me.
haha how u know the trend will over the next 6-10months???

Blue>8756

Known Member
Apr 8, 2006
thanks a lot for ur feedback n advise guys.. really appreciate that!

riggy

Known Member
Oct 1, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
i think guys who do this rally look got things confused. Why in the world would you want a car that is high on normal roads? Do you :

1. go off road alot?
2. go fishing and need the extra ground clearance to use muddy trails?
3. actually go rallying in the nearest kelapa sawit estate on weekends?

If you answered NO to all of the above then you should not raise the suspension of your wira.

If you answered YES you actually need a 4x4 SUV instead of a wira.

If most of the time you are on the road then why should you run stupid big tires? Note that in Rally you have at least 3 settings
1. Tarmac spec - where you run 17-18in low profile tires for stages like MONTE CARLO - this is the spec you should follow

2. Gravel Spec - for all the mud and dirt where the rims are 15in on rally tires

3. snow spec on 15in rims.

You should be doing the TARMAC spec rally version as you are on the road most of the time. Hence, if you want 205/60/15 tires and a raised suspension its pointless, not to mention dangerous when taking high speed lane changes.

Why is it dangerous?
if you have a 1.3-15wira (not SE model with the GTI style setup) you have NO REAR ANTI ROLL BAR. from experience, the wira 1.3-1.5 will have lift off oversteer at high speeds on 185/60/14 with standard ride height. The body roll on 205/60/15 coupled with just slightly stiff springs from a honda will not help. Not to mention the sidewall of a cheap 206/60/15 tire is usually soft, unless you have money to spend on advan neovas then its another question, but most of these people will have cost in mind when you do this.

If you have a 1.6 or a rear anti roll bar in your 1.3-15, then it gets slightly better. But whats the point? you should set up your car for its optimum in handling. Unless its the comfort of balloon tires that you want.

You need to change the way youre thinking. No one wants a gravel setup car for the road if you love driving. For example, look at a Lancer WRC or a Impreza WRC, those that own these road going versions always go for large rims and even in full wrc trim stickers/decals, use tarmac spec with 18in enkeis or OZs. These fellas don't run 15in wheels on their Impreza.

Look at the pictures of the WRCLancer Evo3 on the net/magazines etc. look for the ones with the 17in white enkeis. This is the version you should be aiming for. Not some kelapa sawit estate rally escapee.

regards

mfazli

Sep 8, 2006
LOOK Like Rally and Very-very-Very save to redah Hujan or Flood at KL area or Any area having Flood after heavy raining///its very practical to everyone drive a car to office during this time (musim tengkujuh)" after that season done, we will back to normal ...the car to Lower and using Low profile tires.

^Dreamerz^

1,500 RPM
Jan 16, 2005
KL,AmPang..
Visit site
adjustable hi-lo suspension would help...

btw, wat huakenny says is true... the higher u go, the less stable it is.. less centre of gravity...
think twice.. but adjustable has lowering function too.. ^^

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys..
Just sharing..
What do u all think if i want transplant my rear back wira to complete rear back lancer evo 3 and it will make looks 100% complete EIII..

Anyone hav done make already?
If hav...lets we all discuss about da xperiance a to z..

:burnout:

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

:burnout:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience