How to make signal LED for side lamp?

miriguy

500 RPM
Jun 29, 2008
Anyone have any ideas on how to DIY signal lights on side mirrors? Im planning to do on a Corolla SEG

TQ

idnawse

Known Member
Aug 18, 2005
perak
like this ker?

red LED (extra bright)

step 1..dismantle

Step 2..solder LED at PCB

Step 3..drill hole for LED

Step 4..last check and put back all part

Finally after wiring

take about 3hrs++ to finish it ;)

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
Cool..Erm , how about the wiring ?..

idnawse

Known Member
Aug 18, 2005
perak
tap both wire to fender lamp wire ( green > +ve, black> -ve) wire color for wira fender lamp

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
how about water-proof ? ain't rain water gonna sip/slip through and wet the pcb and short the circuit ?

miriguy

500 RPM
Jun 29, 2008
very creative bro. i will do that. update this thread soon. is it bright enuf?

nam_s

Known Member
Dec 23, 2003
For your information, you'll need to add a resistor to lower the current or you'll be burning up the leds very soon. How many ohms will depends on how many leds you want to use. For signal lights you can't install it like the pictures because it just wouldn't work or light up the leds. You'll need capacitors and abit of wiring knowledge to make it work. To much to explain in details on the tech as why it won't work. Mainly because of how the current flow on and off (making the bulb blinking). Just remember that LEDs works differently from light bulbs.

miriguy

500 RPM
Jun 29, 2008
thanks for the advice. any step-by-step wiring instructions for dummies?

idnawse

Known Member
Aug 18, 2005
perak
5 LED i'm using 1kiloohm resistor.. use plastic gum (hot gum) to cover the pcb. so far got no problem. if u use the super bright led..of coz ler bright.. :love:

Bump:
For your information, you'll need to add a resistor to lower the current or you'll be burning up the leds very soon. How many ohms will depends on how many leds you want to use. For signal lights you can't install it like the pictures because it just wouldn't work or light up the leds. You'll need capacitors and abit of wiring knowledge to make it work. To much to explain in details on the tech as why it won't work. Mainly because of how the current flow on and off (making the bulb blinking). Just remember that LEDs works differently from light bulbs.
why do we need another wiring for signal? the idea is same like if u change the fender lamp with T10 LED type bulb, it will not blink if u put the LED incorrectly (also same if u change the meter background bulb with LED type),..so if u correctly tap the wire (polarity).. the LED will blink together with signal lamp. plus ..my DIY led signal will blink together with alarm signal.

FYI the LED cant blink if u just touch the -ve to the body... thats why u need to tap both of the wire to the fender signal lamp. (already tested)

ned22am

Sep 11, 2008
bro those LED connected in parallel rite? n how about PCB? can i get it on hardware store? and if u can show wiring behind the side mirror..:hmmmm:

idnawse

Known Member
Aug 18, 2005
perak
(+ve)--resistor--anode--cathode--anode--cathode--(-ve) look like this la..izzit parallel or serial? forgot oredi maaa :love: ..PCB? i'm using third brake PCB (recycle..hehehhee) but u can buy the PCB at electronic shop..

miriguy

500 RPM
Jun 29, 2008
hi bro, possible to show pictures of the PCB and wirings?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

what are the price of lancer gt for year 07-09?i love that car so badly but to afford a new one is tak mampu lor...is it possible for someone like me to afford that car
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience