Budget RM15-20
Ingredient
1)AA battery pack Doorbell magnetic type: 1 unit
2)Normal LED cable (60cm): 2 unit
3)LED(RED/blue) : 1 unit/more
4)Paper Clip: 0.5cm long(cutout)
5) wire tape, both side tape

*Doorbell
1)remove the cover, unplug the battery slot and extend the existing wire with Normal LED cable(black to ground, red to power).
2)Extend the cable of the magnet so that you can attached on the rear panel of your speedo
3)solder the LED(RED/blue) on the LED cable and solder both end on the speaker of the doorbell (make sure the position of +- is correct)
Installation
1)Doorbell= connect those 2 cable from battery slot (black to ground, red to power)
2)LED= Anyway... Dashboard, pillar, bosskit
Remove you dash meter and attached the extended magnet piece on the rear of your speedo (Say 4000rpm gives be best result then attached the magnet on the back of the panel- cun cun 4000rpm)
glue your speedo needle with small piece of paperclip... then put everything bacl in order.
HIhi..here's your DIY a shift lamp + bell Alarm *Bonus. which means when your speedo hit 4000rpm your LED start blinking and Alarm goes Ding~dong Ding~dong takumi feel.

Hope u like my crazy idea~~

hehe,

bro so nice idea, if possible provide the photo you done, lol.

Lord_darkslide

Known Member
Oct 19, 2005
datsun.. nice idea... i like the ding~dong~ding~dong soudn idea... hehehehhe
but dun get wrong doorbell... then when time to change gear will hear... Welcome..!!!! or worst... "THEY CAME IN RAINBOW..!!!" :LOL:

riq
thanks for the link

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
wah.. nobody done this before?
wait for it. im gonna DIY this soon for my car but need to do some r&d first.
if success, then i post in DIY section.

miriguy

500 RPM
Jun 29, 2008
any success story yet?

jswong

Known Member
Dec 30, 2004
If we can tap voltage input to tacho's coil, then all we need is an analog comparator with a variable resistor to determine which is the comparison point to flag a "higher than reference" condition. This is the low-voltage stage. Run the output to a Schmitt trigger (positive feedback op-amp only) to turn the signal into a higher-voltage on or off instead of a variable signal, and to a voltage-follower amp (buffer op-amp) to drive a lamp.

I think this entire circuit can be designed from a few op-amp ICs.. but since the moving coil input voltages are usually very small, that will mean we'll need a small reference voltage also.. so we might need a low-voltage reference output IC also, e.g. a temperature-stable 2-volt reference IC.

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
haha.. i tried to search the rpm signal from standard connector of my car.. but cant find any.

now thinking to do my own detection by a simple coil wound around the plug cable. wahaha..

but, this r&d is difficult cause i dont have an oscilloscope.:banghead: lend me an oscilloscope then i can finish it in 1 day.

Bump: haha.. i tried to search the rpm signal from standard connector of my car.. but cant find any.

now thinking to do my own detection by a simple coil wound around the plug cable. wahaha..

but, this r&d is difficult cause i dont have an oscilloscope.:banghead: lend me an oscilloscope then i can finish it in 1 day.