how to increase l2s top speed??

spoiltbrat

Known Member
Mar 14, 2009
i dunno abt the gear ratio... if not mistaken the RPM for 146km is around 5500.. my car rims is 165/60/r13..

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
i dunno abt the gear ratio... if not mistaken the RPM for 146km is around 5500.. my car rims is 165/60/r13..
well i do have L2S manual gear ratio (5 speed)... the general idea is that an auto version of the transmission knock off 10km/h from the manual version top speed.

if i'm not mistaken, L2s engine (EF-JL) produced max hp around 7500rpm right? and the rpm limit are at 8500rpm?

refer to attached txt (do view it fully maximize, if not the viewing format skewed)....

you can obtain the software by downloading it here....
http://locost7.info/gearcalc.php

can calculate once u get
  1. your gear ratio including final drive
  2. RPM reading when the engine produce max power
  3. your engine rpm limit aka the redline
  4. tyre size and profile

p/s: L2S and L5 ratio virtually the same, just the final drive a bit different...L5 final drive ratio is 5.071

Last edited:

spoiltbrat

Known Member
Mar 14, 2009
i just recently changed the engine... bt 1 month... so the ATF still ok i guess... and i will test again then i'll update.. dohelp me with it.. thanks... and wat do u mean gear ratio and final drive ratio??? sorry.. not good at it...

spoiltbrat

Known Member
Mar 14, 2009
where can i take out my speed cut? any shop also can?? must i do anything else after i take out my speed cut???

Mar 21, 2008
where can i take out my speed cut? any shop also can?? must i do anything else after i take out my speed cut???
Go to N1 and buy one, install it and test on a Dyno machine.

If u keep pushing untill 145kmh and feel the car is "going" untill u reach 150kmh and suddenly ur engine cuts off and ur car slugged back for 3 seconds, then engine moves again, thats ur speed cut.

If no matter how u push until near 85% to ur read line and the car is NOT moving anymore faster, that means ur engine power is inssuficient

If your final drive is NO WHERE near red line and the car is NOT going any faster, that means ur gear ratio is NOT meant for top speed, while ur 2nd final drive is TOO short for top speed.

My car can go beyond 200kmh, coz my final drive is short, 190kmh @ 5300rpm....and whenever I go more than 192kmh, speedcut, engine stalled for 3 seconds untill fall back to 185kmh, engine comes alive again.

So, your case, is which one ? hmmm

Last edited:

SYeNi69

Known Member
Jun 27, 2006
TTDI KL
What a waste buying those gadgets ... cheap way is buying scissors for two bucks and cutting the green wire going into the ECU ... done period !!! No more speed cut ...

for L2 that is .. im dunno about L5 or other L-series engine ... but for L2 just cutting the green wire gets the job done ...

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
What a waste buying those gadgets ... cheap way is buying scissors for two bucks and cutting the green wire going into the ECU ... done period !!! No more speed cut ...

for L2 that is .. im dunno about L5 or other L-series engine ... but for L2 just cutting the green wire gets the job done ...
my pomen sez it can be done to L5... just knowing what wire to tap as you said....

dun bother askin which since not planning to disable the cut anyway... me drive slow2 onli :slug:

spoiltbrat

Known Member
Mar 14, 2009
hmm... can anyone tell me where is the ecu?? and if i cut off the wire?? can i connect it back?? worried that i will cut wrong..

l200turbo

Known Member
Jun 2, 2008
go for rsm or some trick to cheat the ecu to prevent speed cut.stock l2s manual gearbox should reach 180 km/h.heard that some kancil owner here i malaysia can reach 210km/h with modified gearbox.since urs 1 is auto i cannot comment on it coz i hvnt drive a auto l2s b4.

Bump: go for rsm or some trick to cheat the ecu to prevent speed cut.stock l2s manual gearbox should reach 180 km/h.heard that some kancil owner here i malaysia can reach 210km/h with modified gearbox.since urs 1 is auto i cannot comment on it coz i hvnt drive a auto l2s b4.

Bump: btw cutting the green wire will lead to power steering malfunction problem.if ur power steering malfunction than go ahead.

Bump: btw cutting the green wire will lead to power steering malfunction problem.if ur power steering malfunction than go ahead.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I am going to get a new car soon. I narrowed down to Teana and Camry. I am worried especially about the after sales service problems etc. I am avoiding Mazda 6 because of some friends complaints regarding Bermaz tardiness etc. I also do not like the Honda Accord.
I think these cars suck when doing corners after driving my mother's BMW 320 but I can't afford a BMW now.
I need a reliable car for work mainly to go to Singapore a lot.
Which would be a better buy? Nissan Teana 2.5 and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience