How to improve braking performance part #3

eohl79

Known Member
Jun 12, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Bro Iszo, the pic shows the brake fluid collection bottle above the bleed valve. Any reason to it? Easier for air bubbles to escape from the system? I usually place it on the floor.

What DIY are you going to do next? Can consider DIY power steering fluid flushing? :biggrin: Need to do mine soon as I observe the hose to the reservoir is leaking a little.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Bro Iszo, the pic shows the brake fluid collection bottle above the bleed valve. Any reason to it? Easier for air bubbles to escape from the system? I usually place it on the floor.

What DIY are you going to do next? Can consider DIY power steering fluid flushing? :biggrin: Need to do mine soon as I observe the hose to the reservoir is leaking a little.
It actually doesn't matter la. Btw, this isn't my pic. I usually put mine on the floor too.

Power steering? Ok sure. Right now I'm doing some research cuz apparently there are two types of racks, one with a drain pipe and another without. Two different ways to DIY. My way of doing it isn't too efficient so I'm trying to find a faster way of doing it.

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
I've surf youtube and many people there show how to one person brake bleed. Many of them put little oil inside the bottle and soak end of the tubing into the oil.

My one person brake bleed method is by using check valve in the middle of the tube. It only allow one way flow of the brake fluid.

It actually doesn't matter la. Btw, this isn't my pic. I usually put mine on the floor too.

Power steering? Ok sure. Right now I'm doing some research cuz apparently there are two types of racks, one with a drain pipe and another without. Two different ways to DIY. My way of doing it isn't too efficient so I'm trying to find a faster way of doing it.
Rack without drain pipe- simply pour steering fluid into container, start engine and turn steering left and right. You'll see bubble came from pipe to container. Repeat until steering fluid is at recommended level.

mike77kl

Known Member
Aug 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Mike, if you're in a situation where you have to stand on your brakes - just do it. Better to repair the servo than a dented car. You will spoil the seals and possibly the connecting bits. But small price to pay compared to an frontal accident
Yesterday i was doing some inspection on the brakes pedal with the engine off.
I pump it like 5 times and it still feels the same, soft. What does that means?
I dun know if that is normal or not, as my brakes system is working well while
driving this old Saga.

I still remember long ago when i want to check the brake lights of my Atos with the engine off.
I asked someone to stand behind to watch the lights while i pump on the brakes pedal,
It would get stiff after a few pump. But why my Saga seems different?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Yesterday i was doing some inspection on the brakes pedal with the engine off.
I pump it like 5 times and it still feels the same, soft. What does that means?
I dun know if that is normal or not, as my brakes system is working well while
driving this old Saga.

I still remember long ago when i want to check the brake lights of my Atos with the engine off.
I asked someone to stand behind to watch the lights while i pump on the brakes pedal,
It would get stiff after a few pump. But why my Saga seems different?
Perhaps your servo needs servicing. How does it feel with the engine on?

mike77kl

Known Member
Aug 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
If it feels soft, does it mean the system got air pocket inside and need
bleeding or the servo is leaking air? Normally how should it feels?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
If it feels soft, does it mean the system got air pocket inside and need
bleeding or the servo is leaking air? Normally how should it feels?
i don't know dude. I'm not familiar with your car. For mine it's pretty firm and solid without too much travel when I press it. But I got a lotta things done on my car

jimmyae101

1,000 RPM
Dec 7, 2005
medan indonesia
not sure about ur car condititon,that why i cant say anything...better check by sifu..asking any q here is good,but waste time...go to ur trust workshop check first.

mike77kl

Known Member
Aug 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Can i mix DOT4 into DOT3? Now the car is using DOT3 white fluid, i plan to
siphon all the fluid from the tank and pour DOT4 red fluid to top it back up.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Can i mix DOT4 into DOT3? Now the car is using DOT3 white fluid, i plan to
siphon all the fluid from the tank and pour DOT4 red fluid to top it back up.
Yes you can. Siphoning isn't necessary la. Just bleed it while you top up with DOT4. Keep bleeding it until you're happy. Less work than siphon, fill and bleed.

Gunner93

Known Member
Aug 26, 2005
Puchong
www.gunner93.multiply.com
Bro Izso,

Does the brake fluid in the reservoir travel through the ABS then to the brake calipers? So if i buy 1 ltr of new brake fluid, is it enough to replace all the brake fluid in a typical car?

Thanks

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Bro Izso,

Does the brake fluid in the reservoir travel through the ABS then to the brake calipers? So if i buy 1 ltr of new brake fluid, is it enough to replace all the brake fluid in a typical car?

Thanks
Well.. I'm not sure what your opinion is for what 'typical' means, but my Myvi has ABS and for me 1L is more than enough. But I always go for the larger can *just in case*. The only thing about this is brake oil oxidises quite fast so if you don't finish it, it's generally useless after 2-3 months of keeping once you've opened the airtight seal.

But what you can do is just keep flushing until you use up the oil. I doubt you'll need more than 3L so perhaps 1 large and 1 small bottle will be enough for you to flush and replace the oil in a 'typical' car.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all,
my car giving me loads and loads of prob lately, it's a a satria 1.3. engine and its like soo underpowered, abit leaking, handling damn out ,my 4 damper alredy k.o, basically its like damn bad cond, if sell also i get shit for its price..yesterday my engine like giving me this creepy feeling when i drive untill a certain speed the front part of my car is like bouncy, kinda like when u are driving with a benggkok rim...but its not bengkok, so i tot it maybe the engine la...maybe...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience