How to identify year and month a honda car is manufactured

qudernkl

Nov 17, 2003
Anyone knows how to interpret the chassis number and tell when a Honda car is manufactured please?

Dealers , anyone can tell you that your car is manufactured in 2008 Jan for example but how true is such information? They can always manipulate those information in the so called "black and white" paper we have.

bien335

1,500 RPM
Aug 3, 2009
Johor Bahru
I know how, but I cannot tell.

Easiest way is to peel off a piece of plastic trim and see the date stamped on it. It usually is accurate by around a month.

And why do you ask?

nehemiah

Known Member
May 23, 2006
Hmm.. isn't it u can also check from the VIN number? I dont remember exactly but it should tell u also manufacturing plant, engine no, chassis type, etc.

qudernkl

Nov 17, 2003
Hi nehemiah, so far the information viewable are chassis number and engine number. Engine number is quite to see though.

Unlike the integra type R, we can easily the year and month it manufactured.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I`m a mechanic myself. but this Renault Kangoo is givin me headache! Cold start,ok! But when it has done 5 to 10km, it will suddenly dies off! I had top-overhaul the engine, T.belt replaced, coil replaced,CPU re-set,battery replaced. The temp. gauge shows fine at optimum. At times it will jerks when accelerate. An original fuel pump was also placed. pls help.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience