How To Identify Either Eg6 sir or sir II

aalto

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
Sir & SiR II only differences are trim levels, SIR got no A/C, Power window,basic interior, clock,radio...etc....its basically a striped down version of SIR II, like the Mitsu EVO RS for EVOs.....these cars are usually bought by racing teams/garages.

Chassis & engine are the same.. both are badged SIR, the only time SIR II badged was used was when a limited run special edition EG6 was released. (as far as I know..)

user6

Known Member
Oct 19, 2004
Kuching/Sarawak
Visit site
I have owned a couple of Eg6s.Both are SiRs where the 1st one was a late `91 model SiR and the current one is a `93 SiR.Both comes with grey interior/trim.Engine is a big Vtec and it includes power steering,AC and power windows as standard accesories.The wiring connector is orange in colour on the `94 model.Grey connector on the older model.
As far as I know,sunroof,LSD,door-panel tweeter,double-din console are optional accesories.
The major differences are the interior.The SiR II comes with black(batik) seats and matching door-cards,black carpet and floor mats.The SiR IIs production year starts from 1994 untill the
end of the Civic EG production year,1995.

Thats all the (necessary) information that i can recall at the moment.Just add-in more info IF i have missed out any,ok?

Thanx!

aalto

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
LSD, ABS, TCS,airbag,sunroof were all optional for SIR II. Thats why some have and some don't . Only the special edition came fully packed with almost all options and some other extras.

With the SIR, no options were available. No LSD,ABS,TCS,airbag,sunroof available.

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

Correction on the special edition.....it was called SIR-S

---------- Post added at 04:05 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

translate these 2 pages in google and you'll get a better understanding on SIR & SIRII differences

CIVIC 1991.9
CIVIC 1991.9

alwjmonster

Known Member
May 12, 2009
Subang Jaya
hereticalvoices.blogspot.com
OMG thanks for all the helping aalto.. ily haha you're kind ppl.. by the way i might consider this eg6 Honda eg6 original - Cars for sale Pahang - Mudah.my abit overprice though for a b16a.. RM44k anyone know this owner? i just wan to clarify either its a sir or sir II and have he done manual conversion before anot?
by the way if he had done the manual conversion will the owner need to update JPJ to change his garan from stated A to MT..

aalto

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
No prob.....
Considering all the mods, you might be able to nego the price abit. you have to go see the car first to really determine the value..

I doubt the owner even knows if its an SIR or SIR II
But if its originally an auto, confirm its an SIR II
I doesnt really matter anyways..as long original EG6

Converting AT to MT does not need to be changed in geran...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys, im using a tial 38mm 0.7bar rate.
im using a profec b spec-11 to control it

at 1bar i get wastegate opened sound like
prap.prap.prap.prap.

but at 1.5bar i get a silence between the gaps like
prap.....prap....prap.....
and the sound isnt as loud and strong.

anyone experience before ?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience