how to get on the tracks?

Noob

Known Member
Mar 30, 2005
Klang/Subang
haiya guys,

i wanna learn how to drift n race on tracks!!
where can i learn how to do so? are there any requirements (e.g. age,car)?
using a stock car tho(honda city).. will that make it impossible to do so?
cant mod it coz it's my sister's car..

anyone know any cheap circiuts around klang valley for noobs to practice?
sepang is kinda costly..( RM 150 per driver) too malu to go there with the city also :ph34r: ..

thank you to all the sifus that reply!

MetalZone

Known Member
Mar 27, 2004
Ipoh/Semenyih
www.pcmoddingmy.com
you cannot drift on track. they will flag u down.

any car in good working condition with no leaks is allowed.

here's some advice from MK84:
Originally posted by "MK84"+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE("MK84")</div><div class='quotemain'>You don't know until you've actually driven on the track

You will get stone chips and scratches if you do this:

1. Go into the kitty litter
2. Follow a car that's been to the kitty litter to closely.

Tire wear depends on your alignment and tire pressure, and also your driving style. If you drive as if you're driving on normal roads, you tire wear is actually less, because the surface is very smooth compared to normal roads.

The thing you need to watch out for when driving in Sepang is:

1. Brakes. Sepang is very demanding for brakes. The two long straights mean you'll be doing a high speed braking from top gear down to 2nd. And most standard brake system won't last more than 3 spirited laps before fading.

2. Water/Oil temp. Another big issue. With two longs straights, and plenty of high speed sweepers you'll be at 90%-100% throttle for quite a bit. While your engine water temp might be able to cope with it, the oil might not. Keep your laps short, 3 laps is about the max most car can handle. Also make sure you do a cool down lap before entering the pits.[/b]

by mist:
<!--QuoteBegin-"mist"

as MK said, pls do a cool down lap before pitting.  let the fluid temps stabilise and cool down, and also the brakes.  but also keep a lookout in the rearview mirror : i've seen plenty of idiots who are on a in-lap getting in the way of others who are going at full racing speed.  :evil:  also, for those who've never been to track before, here's a handy tip : don't put your handbrake up when you're stationary - you'll warp the disc.[/quote]

Noob

Known Member
Mar 30, 2005
Klang/Subang
ooo... nice tips man
thanks lots..
arent there any other race tracks around klang valley other than sepang?
n where can i learn how to drift?? :ph34r:

simonchangwaimun

1,500 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
Cheras
teamshadowrider.multiply.com
noob,to drift,pls visit the drift section or www.drift.com.my
in klang valley,no more other tracks
they had close down bt3 track

coldfish

Known Member
Feb 21, 2004
please do not use your sister's car. there is no insurance coverage for accidents on race track. you mighty well spend RM4k on a Tiara beater with no leaks to "learn". rent a car from the airport if you have to but don't punish a perfect running road car. they have feelings too :(

7urn57yl3

500 RPM
Oct 9, 2004
Originally posted by simonchangwaimun+Mar 30 2005, 22:26 --><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(simonchangwaimun @ Mar 30 2005, 22:26 )</div><div class='quotemain'>noob,to drift,pls visit the drift section or www.drift.com.my
in klang valley,no more other tracks
they had close down bt3 track
[snapback]854942[/snapback]​
[/b]

yeah. or visit the drifting section for the `off the road' sessions. best way to learn how to swim is to throw yourself into the deep! :P

<!--QuoteBegin-coldfish
@Apr 1 2005, 14:37
please do not use your sister's car. there is no insurance coverage for accidents on race track. you mighty well spend RM4k on a Tiara beater with no leaks to "learn". rent a car from the airport if you have to but don't punish a perfect running road car. they have feelings too :(
[snapback]859606[/snapback]​
[/quote]

well said. go buy something shitty and turn it to pulp. :)

simonchangwaimun

1,500 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
Cheras
teamshadowrider.multiply.com
ahhh
no wonder those track satrias and 86s are driving as tho they wanna beat schummi's 1:33 time in sepang
hahahha

Noob

Known Member
Mar 30, 2005
Klang/Subang
wanna get a 2nd hand car.. but aint got no cash.. i'm juz a student..
damn sad

probably try to get unc's 230e that had been sitting there for a whole lot of years bcoz it cant move at all..
den can convert it into a drift machine cum track car cum everyday car! muahahahah.. 3in1! that's better than nescafe! :lol:

pimpin323

500 RPM
Oct 6, 2004
tayar. brake. oil hitam. rad water level. throttle cable? lol

if got extra dosh/money do balancing front tayar so wont wobble so much on da strights.

:ph34r:

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
Originally posted by pimpin323@Apr 7 2005, 01:08

hahaha melted my throttle cable during my first outing! along with the clutch cable. luckily got time to go out n buy 1 set, and install in the pits. went out again like nothing happened...

Noob

Known Member
Mar 30, 2005
Klang/Subang
Originally posted by khoyos+Apr 8 2005, 17:26 --><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(khoyos @ Apr 8 2005, 17:26 )</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-pimpin323@Apr 7 2005, 01:08

hahaha melted my throttle cable during my first outing! along with the clutch cable. luckily got time to go out n buy 1 set, and install in the pits. went out again like nothing happened...
[snapback]879835[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

wow.. thats scary.. is it that hot while on the tracks?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Spoilers are the wing like attachment fitted to the rear end, mounted on top of the trunk or attached just under the bumper in the front.
Many have a misconception that spoilers are only used to modify the shape of their cars so that it may look hot hot and sporty but they fail to realize that
spoilers do have some aerodynamic implications.Spoilers "spoil" any unfavourable air movement which comes in contact with the car during high speeds hence
the name "spoiler"
Many racing cars and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience