How to get firearms license?

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
BB guns are illegal. Anything that can shoot metal is illegal too. Even lastic with metal ball is illegal by law.

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
Almost got a Dragunov SVD airsoft to hang on my wall, but it was a bad idea....

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
The pain cause by bb balls are like ant bite or at most feel like pinched by a needle, although using bearing balls with sme mods on the gun itself can kill. If a person high on drug, then he will not feel anything. You cannot disable the person, only can kill or being killed.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
BB guns are illegal. Anything that can shoot metal is illegal too. Even lastic with metal ball is illegal by law.
Lastics hard to control cuz anyone can buy it but depends on what they use to shoot. Is also a
skill to really master the accuracy of using a lastic. I'm not good at it. BB gun is indeed illegal.
My cousin once have it but seen some cruel kids using it against stray cats and dogs...

Buggers...

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
Then you should not see the video that killed birds at a distance. Bolted springs are the easiest to mod...I believe I shall stop straying OOT, PB markers aint illegal but just be responsible lar... Don't chrono above regulations and it'll still hurt, using a speedball marker can release 6 per trigger. some even 7-11. Its scary!

btw, use of the marker outside of perimeter is illegal. You'll still go to court and might get charged, owning is not the issue. Maybe with evidence if the assailant has made his move first then you may have an argument of self defence

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
The trouble with asking for firearms advice in any forum other than those dedicated specifically to firearms AND staffed by people who actually handle firearms on a regular basis, whether professionally or recreationally (in a sporting sense)......is that you get a bunch of answers from a bunch of people who :-

Likely have no idea what they are talking about; &

Likely have zero experience in handling firearms; &

Never ever had to employ a firearm in a self-defence situation; &

Live to tell the tale and survive the legal ramifications post-shooting.

Most of the advice I read here...like that guy who said RM 50K for a licence or that you have to be Tan Sri or a Dato'.......total BS. You can try pushing your 50K to buy your licence and I can guarantee you land yourself into jail faster than you can spell J.A.I.L. Approval processes goes all the way up to Bukit Aman. So please don't be stupid about it.

And to the OP, if you had to ask how you can apply for a gun licence, in a car forum no less, you probably have no business owning a firearm, let alone using one.

Just out of curiosity, do you know how to use one, and what is your experience with firearms ?

In this country at least, you have to have exceptional circumstances in order to be allowed to own a firearm as a fresh new applicant. You'll likely have zero chance if you never handled a firearm or been affliated with firearms (legally) in a sporting or professional capacity. Merely saying that crime is rampant and you want to defend yourself will not be sufficient. Those reasons are too general a justification. Every Tom, Dick and Harry can say the same thing.

csl,

I don't know what contraption you are brewing there....I do not want to know and do not much care either because it obviously looks illegal by the tone of your comments. Just one word of caution. If you get yourself into a situation when you actually had to employ that 'thing' of yours against an opponent and it becomes a police case, you are going have to a little shitstorm with the law and good luck trying to dig yourself out of the hole. Much worse if your opponent is greviously injured or killed. It doesn't matter if you were defending yourself. If your means is illegal, it is going to be a sticking point regardless. The same applies to anyone you supplied your equipment and if they happen to get into trouble of their own it leads back to the idiot who supplied them with the equipment. Just remember that before you start peddling your merchandise and advice on a public forum.

By my reckoning, you have already broken a bunch of laws. If I am the PDRM and I want your backside in a sling, all I have to do is put out a warrant to the owners of this website to compell them to give up your personal details. What you think just because there is pm function on the user interface, no one else will read your stuff ?

Last edited:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
The trouble with asking for firearms advice in any forum other than those dedicated specifically to firearms AND staffed by people who actually handle firearms on a regular basis, whether professionally or recreationally (in a sporting sense)......is that you get a bunch of answers from a bunch of people who :-

Likely have no idea what they are talking about; &

Likely have zero experience in handling firearms; &

Never ever had to employ a firearm in a self-defence situation; &

Live to tell the tale and survive the legal ramifications post-shooting.

Most of the advice I read here...like that guy who said RM 50K for a licence or that you have to be Tan Sri or a Dato'.......total BS. You can try pushing your 50K to buy your licence and I can guarantee you land yourself into jail faster than you can spell J.A.I.L. Approval processes goes all the way up to Bukit Aman. So please don't be stupid about it.

And to the OP, if you had to ask how you can apply for a gun licence, in a car forum no less, you probably have no business owning a firearm, let alone using one.

Just out of curiosity, do you know how to use one, and what is your experience with firearms ?

In this country at least, you have to have exceptional circumstances in order to be allowed to own a firearm as a fresh new applicant. You'll likely have zero chance if you never handled a firearm or been affliated with firearms (legally) in a sporting or professional capacity. Merely saying that crime is rampant and you want to defend yourself will not be sufficient. Those reasons are too general a justification. Every Tom, Dick and Harry can say the same thing.

csl,

I don't know what contraption you are brewing there....I do not want to know and do not much care either because it obviously looks illegal by the tone of your comments. Just one word of caution. If you get yourself into a situation when you actually had to employ that 'thing' of yours against an opponent and it becomes a police case, you are going have to a little shitstorm with the law and good luck trying to dig yourself out of the hole. Much worse if your opponent is greviously injured or killed. It doesn't matter if you were defending yourself. If your means is illegal, it is going to be a sticking point regardless. The same applies to anyone you supplied your equipment and if they happen to get into trouble of their own it leads back to the idiot who supplied them with the equipment. Just remember that before you start peddling your merchandise and advice on a public forum.

By my reckoning, you have already broken a bunch of laws. If I am the PDRM and I want your backside in a sling, all I have to do is put out a warrant to the owners of this website to compell them to give up your personal details. What you think just because there is pm function on the user interface, no one else will read your stuff ?
Thanks for sharing. Though I am confused, cause every thug, robber, killer got guns. We read about shooting once every 2 weeks these days. Seems like guns are VERY EASY to get now?

20 years ago, I don't recall shooting incidents, much less snatch thieves.

There's 2 possibility.
1. Guns are very easy to get.
2. PRDM are sitting their asses off.

Which one do you think it is?

Unsacred8002

Known Member
Sep 24, 2012
Cat City
Glock 19C is fun.. Lightweight, compact, reliable, and pretty sharp in close range (10-25M) cause of U-Dot Sight. Beside, got a safety click. U can see a lot of Glocks are used in the movie, also as a basic handgun of T's in Counter Strike. Hehehehe.:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:51 PM ----------

Thanks for sharing. Though I am confused, cause every thug, robber, killer got guns. We read about shooting once every 2 weeks these days. Seems like guns are VERY EASY to get now?

There's 2 possibility.

Both are true in certain way. Hehehehe..:biggrin:

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007

There's 2 possibility.

I don't know. I do not comment on things outside the scope of my knowledge, unlike a lot of people.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I don't know. I do not comment on things outside the scope of my knowledge, unlike a lot of people.
Lol. True. That's why I like to ask questions. :rofl:

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
Lol. True. That's why I like to ask questions. :rofl:
Ask csl.

He will have a farking answer for every farking thing, even on things he does not know.

You can even ask him how to perform brain surgery. I'm sure he has a farking procedure for that too.

Me....I'm nowhere near as smart as him.

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah

There's 2 possibility.

May I add one more:
3. There are more people in this country compared to 20 years ago (foreigners included)?

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
Yes I don't know much about gun as you do (and what do you know?). But at least I know how to maintain a high efficiency self defense thing at home and it is not against any law. Even if you catch me, you can't charge me for anything. Even if the parliament get 2/3 of all votes to agree to change the law, it still need time to be implement. Before the law being implement, I'm free of any charge. No one can act above law and the law never say owning it is illegal.

But, if I misuse it for illegal purpose, then I can be charged for committing crime. For example, I use the thing to rob, they can charge me robbing with toy/recreation gun looked alike thing, but cannot charge me using lethal weapon if I set the thing at or below 280 ft per second. I still go to jail but I don't have extra charge for using lethal weapon, eg knife, gun, sharp ended stick or etc. The charge will be as same as using a cane stick or a chair if you wanna fill in the form.

If I use it to shoot a thief that enter my house area, 1st thing the law can't charge me for killing people or attempt to kill people. 2nd thing can't charge me for owning lethal weapon. The most can only charge me for injuring people (you can argue that the balls are not lethal and only create minor pain. Due to pain is subjective according to different people, and no need to be hospitalized, so the injury is minor). Saman RM100 onwards. This type of case don't even go through a judge. Normally will end at magistrate level. All this thing will happen provided if the polis wanna charge you for catching the thief. The rest I don't need to tell further. Many people use metal/wood stick and beaten up a thief so badly until need to admit hospital for weeks and what is the result? one of the unofficial rule, don't kill. The rest will be easy. (I did removed something that related to laws loop holes. But you can find out if you hardworking enough).

You have the rights for not agreeing, perhaps I'm wrong for everything. But I rather let the shit to be argue at the court, in stead of letting my whole family having life threatening risk that can be brought by someone. Although I cannot have 100% of control, but at least I do what I can.

Get a lawyer to argue something that still in grey area vs let unknown criminal entering your house, do you wanna create a poll to study the statistic on how many people will pick which one? And I have to remind you also, if you take a knife from your kitchen and accidentally kill the thief, you will have to stay in lockup. Until the polis finish initial investigation and found some proof and initially believe that you are not murdering or involve with anything that related to 'attempt to murder' (there was exception cases but very less). Case will be more complicated if the dead thief family step in.

But no doubt, I should not post the photos cuz will have negative effect for the future development of such thing. I'll remove it ASAP.

A brain compare to a car relay, WTF.

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:34 PM ----------

regardless how stupid is a question or how bad is an answer, I never ask or hint people to shut their mouth. All because I respect the rights for speech. I may laugh, condemn, comment, using wtf, or etc, but never being once ask people to shut mouth or ask/hint people to disappear.

All this because:

When I was small, I had been threat like that and when I grown up, I don't want people to suffer for what I had been suffered.

You think you are superior than everyone else on this earth, then please go to heaven faster.

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
Yes I don't know much about gun as you do (and what do you know?).
What do I know about the stuff we are talking about ? I walk the walk. If you do not know what I am implying, maybe you are not so bright after all.

But at least I know how to maintain a high efficiency self defense thing at home and it is not against any law.
What exactly is a “high efficiency self-defence thing” ? A Star Trek Death Ray ? Is your contraption battle proven or just another feel-good gadget in the arsenal of a weekend warrior ?

So your ‘thing’ rapid fires projectiles that causes agonizing pain and severe bruising of your target, hammer up boxes , fling empty cans around like rag dolls, , yada, yada yada.

A .45 caliber lead ball fired from a catapult using Thera Gold bands will do the same thing. It will also punch through 3 fully filled 1L water jugs.

So what ?

Empty cans, water jugs, boxes of newspapers don’t fight back. :)

Even if you catch me, you can't charge me for anything. Even if the parliament get 2/3 of all votes to agree to change the law, it still need time to be implement. Before the law being implement, I'm free of any charge. No one can act above law and the law never say owning it is illegal.
If you are so sure of yourself, then why take down your original post with the pictures ? What are you worried about if it is untouchable by the law ? Youtube us footage of you shooting it lah.

Seriously, if your gadget is powerful enough that it is capable to incapacitate or maim anyone who has hostile intentions, it is grounds enough for legal redress when the shooting results in severe injury or worse.

It does not matter if Parliament has not specifically legislated for such a contraption. Anything engineered for no purpose other than to serve as a weapon automatically falls foul of the applicable provisions of the law.

Just because the law has not name such gadgets as a ‘weapon’ it does not mean it has no jurisdiction. This is why improvised weapons such as IEDs are covered. And what you are talking about is an improvised weapon, plain and simple.

Whereas something such as a butcher knife can conceivably be utilized a weapon, owning such a tool does not automatically fall foul of the law simply because knives, machetes and other similar tools serve other perfectly legal purposes (food preparation, landscaping, etc). They only become illegal depending on the circumstances in which they are employed.

For example, I use the thing to rob, they can charge me robbing with toy/recreation gun looked alike thing, but cannot charge me using lethal weapon if I set the thing at or below 280 ft per second. I still go to jail but I don't have extra charge for using lethal weapon, eg knife, gun, sharp ended stick or etc. .
It goes without saying a replica gun is not a lethal weapon so obviously it cannot be seen as such a lethal weapon, but you are watering down the consequences of owning one. Just so you know, owning replica guns without proper justification (is there one?) is a very severe offence in this country.

but cannot charge me using lethal weapon if I set the thing at or below 280 ft per second.
No one's going give a shit that your gadget chronograph at or below 280fps or how sharp or blunt the knife you are carrying. If it is involved in an altercation, justifiable or not, and someone gets severely injured or worse, your improvised weapon will get investigated and if it is illegal, it will count against you.

Saman RM100 onwards. This type of case don't even go through a judge. Normally will end at magistrate level.
Are you speaking from actual experience with a verifiable track record of actual employment of your equipment in a real self-defence scenario with the polis and judges actually absolving you from liability and prosecution ?

If you have nothing firm to back up your assertions, other than mere conjecture then it’s just saleman coffee shop talk, no more no less.

You cannot assume the law is a total a$$ who is unable to attribute the proper weight to the severity of the circumstances.

If it is an effective weapon, you’ll get the proper weight of prosecution attributed to it. If an illegal improvised device does not warrant any serious prosecution such that the case can be pleaded down to some chickenshit RM100 misdemeanor offence, then the equipment is probably something so mundane that the law does not deem it dangerous.......in which case, it probably totally sucks as a self-defence device anyway.

The most can only charge me for injuring people (you can argue that the balls are not lethal and only create minor pain. Due to pain is subjective according to different people, and no need to be hospitalized, so the injury is minor).
“only create minor pain” and “hospitalized “ does not go well together and contradictory.

If someone needs hospitalization, then it is probably not a minor injury from a minor equipment. It it “only creates minor pain” then it is probably not an effective self-defence deterrent.

So which is it ? I’m confused :)

Have you actually used it on some adrenaline pumped up hardened criminal with a full face helmet charging at you with a machete or did you imagine that he will simply roll over and cry like your kopitiam paintball buddy you shot in the leg ?

If I use it to shoot a thief that enter my house area, 1st thing the law can't charge me for killing people or attempt to kill people.
Not even remotely close. It depends on circumstances and you need to qualify your comments.

Some guy trespass into your garden. You shout at him. He gets spooked by your challenge and turns to run away. You shoot him in the back and kills him. You just kill some moron who is retreating and not an immediate threat to you or your family. That is not self-defence. That is murder.

Stop giving bad legal advice.

Lawyers are often scumbags and make a career out of tripping innocent people up for the wrong choice of words.

In any justifiable self-defence situation, you don’t bloody say you did what you did to ‘kill’ the guy or attempted to ‘kill’ the guy because the connotation here is you are premeditated to end his life irrespective of the situation.

In a self-defence, you are using justifiable force to ‘STOP’ the assault. Stopping someone can entail a few end-results. The perp might end injured and alive but he may also end up dead but if the guy wanted to knife someone, and gets justifiably shot in the process, then a likely outcome of getting shot might get him killed.

But at no point did you want to kill him. You just want to STOP him in response to his assault.

The whole picture changes if you tell the court you have a right to ‘kill’ him or that you attempted to ‘kill’ him. There is premeditation there and it has escalated from pure self-defence to something non-defensive.

If your case was borderline (in terms of proportionate and justifiable use of force) then saying something like that might well put the nail on your coffin.

All you weekend warriors can be hilarious to read if your advice wasn’t so dangerously misguided.

You have the rights for not agreeing, perhaps I'm wrong for everything. But I rather let the shit to be argue at the court, in stead of letting my whole family having life threatening risk that can be brought by someone

You are right up to a point.

There is a saying in the shooting community in the USA where trial by a jury of 12 peers is practiced:- “I rather be judged by 12 rather than carried by 6”.

I agree every man has a right to defend himself and his family and do everything possible to have the means to do so.

Just remember it does not end when the shooting stops. You survive the assault, you still need to survive the courts. How you went about your self-defence and how you frame your case will ultimately determine your outcome with the law.

If you did everything to defend yourself but screwed it up in the courts because you means were not legal or you use disproportionate force and get thrown in the slammer and the guy you shot successfully sue you in a Civil Court, then you did not win.

When I was small, I had been threat like that and when I grown up, I don't want people to suffer for what I had been suffered.

You think you are superior than everyone else on this earth, then please go to heaven faster.
The trouble I have with you is not because you stand up for yourself and your family. The issue I have with you is you are not fighting smart and you are giving very bad legal advice.

Last edited:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
May I add one more:
3. There are more people in this country compared to 20 years ago (foreigners included)?
I don't think that's a valid reason because Japan has a higher population than Malaysia, and its more dense than Malaysia, and they have foreigners too (China mari many).

Yet, you almost never read about gun-related deaths in Japan. It's called gun control. And who enforces gun control? The police and government. Oh wait, police in Malaysia too busy setting up road blocks to catch cars with no road tax. That's useful.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all..

I've got problem with my car a/c. suddenly feel did not cold. And in this video this is what my compressor behavior. Is it normal? When I open throttle a bit, the compressor cut off.

air con compressor cut off - YouTube
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience