how to determine time to change absorber?

NiCkY7

500 RPM
Dec 27, 2003
Visit site
if u feel very bumpy and noisy when go over not so even road... this mean the absorber cant "absorb" and respond well... like dead already...

2 cents...

mashimaro

Jan 25, 2005
Visit site
does the "kong" absober can give any effect to tyre?
uneven surface on the tyre?

S1997

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
i was told by the tyre guy....yes...

will make waves on tyres

headshot

Known Member
May 26, 2005
Malaysia
I just change mine at 60K, when I ride through a rocky road slowly I can heard sounds like "kok" "kok" "kok", then try depress ur car n c if the suspension doen'st bounce up smoothly then its time to change ur absorber :)

dingz

3,000 RPM
Oct 7, 2004
how bout the spring???how can we know the spring kong already?

zendengoh

Known Member
Feb 11, 2008
KL Kepong
www.zhapalang.com.my
i think no answer about it since cant find it at internet, probably the spring rate machine will tell about it, but mostly at here change it according by time, may be 5 year above?

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
spring wont kong la... only deteriorating the spring rate only. but it should not affect ur ride THAT much. the most thing affecting ur ride is absorber only. do note that some car when press at the side of absorber u want to check, it wont give any result bcos the spring for some car is quite hard. the best way is to drive around especially at uneven/wavy road and feel the bounciness of the ride. have someone seat at the back too since this will help to determine the bounciness of the ride. if too bouncy the its time to change lor.

my 2 sen nia.

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
easy task.
when u heard a lot of 'bird' surrounding ur car when driving, no matter bumpy road or not... mostly it's leaking.
spring do 'kong', after a several years of 'shaking bump bump'....

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
really spring can kong?

so how to know ar?

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
really spring can kong?

so how to know ar?
u just open out ur damper, take the spring out, compare with the new 1, u can notice that the height & the shape will be huge difren. thats the time for ur old spring send to 'besi buruk' liao... atleast can get a few ringgit back/....:rofl:

toyomania

Jul 2, 2008
For oil type.. yeap that's 1 way to know.

For gas type last time i've experienced the nyek nyek sounds and also u can c sumthing burning at the batang (err wht they call it ar) kinda looklike when u burn an iron rod.

hahaha... i think its time to change..mine become worst with nyuk nyuk and bump bump on the bumpy road..:biggrin:...any idea for the best selection for my seg:nurse:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi,

there is a small dent on my polo sedan right back door. its like a ding but slightly bigger. is a there any shops in pj area that can do repair without opening up the door panel to knock the dent out? i have heard of dry ice method. can anyone help?
thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience