How to Colour your own dashboard

GTpuI

500 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
I got the experience. I used it since 2 years ago and it is still ok.Just buy the plastic sealant and spray it before u paint with another colour. I spray my dashboard with anchor brand and it look real like GTi or Wira SE black dashboard. just call or sms me 0166035994.u can save budget....selamat mencuba...

GTpuI

500 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
just get it from paint shop.better u buy the branded one.one can around rm30 then spray it to dashboard surface,before it dry,u can start the paintwork.it will be smoth and licin.if u want the black colour i recommend u to use anchor no.29.look real woo....

jeremy

Known Member
Nov 12, 2004
kuching-penang
Visit site
o ok, i'll try ask, i didn;t know bout it at 1st, i sprayed paint directly on small part of the center console, the paint didn;t stick, looked terribl;e, didn;t continue... now i noeee... thanks,,

sr215

Known Member
Jun 11, 2005
Labuan
hey man, could you please list the items and its price? Its better if you have a sample picture of it.

Fuse63

Known Member
May 7, 2006
r u going to take out the whole dashboard to do the paintjob or juz spray it in your car ??

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
whatever the paint used, just spray the surface with thin layer of paint, the gradually add up more layer of paint over it. Some paint fail to stick to the surface becoz the paint is too thick and not cured properly, thus easily peeled off.

dro

Known Member
Jan 28, 2006
guysssssssssss.........put pics laaaaaa ;)
plzzzzzzzz

Herbie

500 RPM
Jan 19, 2006
wow .. sound intresting .. but i think must try ay the smallest part first .. GTpui.. dont want to share some picture?

Herbie

500 RPM
Jan 19, 2006
i hate my darkbrown interior .. because my dashboard alreaddy silver..

tajulsans

1,000 RPM
Jul 31, 2004
Soo Bang
ken yeang said:
whatever the paint used, just spray the surface with thin layer of paint, the gradually add up more layer of paint over it. Some paint fail to stick to the surface becoz the paint is too thick and not cured properly, thus easily peeled off.
not really the case bro, it depends on what type of plastic u r spraying at.. as far as i know of, direct spraying will onli work for ABS plastic (radiator grille for instance).. for other type of plastic, u will need a layer of primer (what they call plastic sealant) first as an adhesion agent before the color coat can be applied.. for bare plastic, u can check the material type by refering at the back of the part (usually mark as ">ABS<"). the dash board however have aother skin layer and if not mistaken is PVC, i'm quite sure you will need primer.

cheryl923

Jul 20, 2006
Question for you. Do you need to sand the dashboard before putting on primer then the paint? I want to do my dash and the upper parts of my doors on my zx4. I am not sure how to do it. I could use some help. thanks cheryl

cheryl923

Jul 20, 2006
help needed

Do you need to sand the dashboard before putting on primer then the paint? Not sure of the process. I want to paint my dash and the upper parts of my doors. I was also told it would chip. After the paint do I need to put something else on so it doesnt chip? I could use all the help I can get on this. thanks cheryl

lord_nikon_gtr

500 RPM
May 3, 2006
u've done it on wira dashboard aite? then how about kancil dasboard...its more plasticky and hard...does it need plastic sealant? anybody have tried bfore?

tajulsans

1,000 RPM
Jul 31, 2004
Soo Bang
cheryl923 said:
Do you need to sand the dashboard before putting on primer then the paint? Not sure of the process. I want to paint my dash and the upper parts of my doors. I was also told it would chip. After the paint do I need to put something else on so it doesnt chip? I could use all the help I can get on this. thanks cheryl
normally some light sanding is required, using 2000 grade sand paper.. then wipe it with wiping thinner (to remove oil, dust etc..), then onli u can apply the primer.. if u r doing it according to the right procedure, probability to chip off is minimum.. tell u what, go and buy a reputable brand.. ask them for consultation on spraying to bare plastic part, they should be able to guide u on the type of primer to use, there is nothing needed to be applied on top..

the case is simple, paint to plastic (other than abs) is a no no, will not stick properly.. thats why need to apply primer, it act as a bonding medium between paint and the plastic part.. its the primer layer that is the most important, screw up the primer, gone case.. sure chip off..

for better effect, maybe u wanna try the pu type paint, its a soft feeling type as seen on dashboard more expensive car (though u might not notice it is painted).. but for this one baking is mandatory..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My beloved car got stolen at R/Pangsa PKNS KG baru. Parked just in front of my house
Detail of the car is as follows :

-Proton saga Iswara Aeroback
-Red color
-Volk racing 16" 2 piece silver color
-Got Sunroof
-standard bodykit. No lips or ducktail whatever. Standard exhaust also.
-front windshield got UPM Staff sticker n other else-Back screen got UPM sticker
-Left rear left door got crack, big one in fact.
-Recaro evo 2 seat -engine standard
-MOMO Competiton steering
-Plate...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience