how to clean injectors ourself??

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
wat i did it..remove the rampipe...clean the butterly at TB (spray it).......then conected it back n start....

after that..remove one of the vacuum hose n spray thru it into TB while revving at 3000rpm....

or u can spray all the vacum hose to the tb....then after all DONE..then only start....hv to accelerate n start......then u can notice white smoke from ekzos....

my 2 cent.....

*english not good..pai seh:_:

nofear

Mar 9, 2006
huakenny said:
wat i did it..remove the rampipe...clean the butterly at TB (spray it).......then conected it back n start....

after that..remove one of the vacuum hose n spray thru it into TB while revving at 3000rpm....

or u can spray all the vacum hose to the tb....then after all DONE..then only start....hv to accelerate n start......then u can notice white smoke from ekzos....

my 2 cent.....

*english not good..pai seh:_:

bro, can show the pic of vacuum hose???? pic of putra engine prefered......
thanx ya

nofear

Mar 9, 2006
chronic_ska said:
hi guys,

am newbie and was reading this thread. yesterday i got myself a carb/throttle body cleeaner spray. i disconnected the airfilter hose from TB on my gf's Putra and spray whilst revving. no problem.

then i tried on my stock 1.6 (only using open pod and gull set gti extractor-exhaust) when i remove the airfilter hose from TB the engine dies. can start the engine then after a while dies. tried starting then pressing accelerator even worse dies straight away as soon as press accell.

tried to adjust the timing screw on TB then something funny happened. the screw like soft and just gave way. so i cant turn it anymore. please tell me why the engine dies and also why the TB timing screw give this problem.

wanted to improve by cleaning, but things are worse now as cant adjust timing and cant rev without air cleaner hose attached.

hope you seniours can help me...

thanks

regards

khalil :confused_smile:
so now ur car only can be started if the air-filter hose is attached????
don really understand ur statement "the screw like soft and just gave way" ??
if the skrew came out alr, cant u just skrew it in back???

chronic_ska

Apr 10, 2006
nofear said:
so now ur car only can be started if the air-filter hose is attached????
don really understand ur statement "the screw like soft and just gave way" ??
if the skrew came out alr, cant u just skrew it in back???
1. can be started without air filter hose attached but dies soon after. especially if i press the accellerator the engine dies.

2. the screw disintegrates

3. since no more thread to screw i cant turn it at all. it is still there but cant be turned with screwdriver as no thread left.

mengz

500 RPM
Jan 15, 2005
nofear, for ur putra engine. like wat i do to mine, u know the vacuum hose connected from ur fuel regulator to ur intake manifold? u can unplug the hose from the fuel regulator side, and let it suck in the cleaner to ur inatke manifold from there. or u can use the vacuum hose on top of ur TB got 3 hose there, i forgot which one to use edi.

chronic_ska

Apr 10, 2006
mengz said:
nofear, for ur putra engine. like wat i do to mine, u know the vacuum hose connected from ur fuel regulator to ur intake manifold? u can unplug the hose from the fuel regulator side, and let it suck in the cleaner to ur inatke manifold from there. or u can use the vacuum hose on top of ur TB got 3 hose there, i forgot which one to use edi.
thanks for your help but the putra no problem. my satria engine dies after remove the airfilter hose. and no point to use ur suggestion as my cleaner is more for cleaning the TB. just wondering if anybody can explain why the engine dies and how come the timing screw just disintegrated. cant adjust my timing now. thinking of taking the whole thing apart and attempt to get the timing screw from my old TB and replace it on the current problematic one. hehehe..

nofear

Mar 9, 2006
mengz said:
thanx.............
but take out vacuum hose so the fuel from fuel regulator will spray here n there or not?????
if just spray from the throttle body also same right????? but i believe it's not as throughoutly as u did........
thanx bro

mengz

500 RPM
Jan 15, 2005
dude...no worries, the vacuum hose from the fuel regulator wont spray petrol out. coz its vacuum, no petrol is suppose to be there. if got petrol spray out means ur fuel regulator got problem edi :) just cabut with confidence, u will see ur engine idling like go up abit, coz when u cabut the vacuum hose, it actually simulates full throttle.

bongweeyap

Known Member
Jan 26, 2005
if for turbo car will dies out after removing the hose, then ho i going to spray the TB cleaner>??????:Not_Impressed: :Not_Impressed: :Not_Impressed: :Not_Impressed: :Not_Impressed:

roy27

Known Member
Feb 16, 2006
i'm sure there is some way to do....which need 2 do something 1st b4 removing the hose so tat engine will still running ter the hose is removed.....if wan clean TB, better take out the TB n wash it then put it back

nofear

Mar 9, 2006
i really don feel like taking out the vacuum hose.........
so spray thru the throttle body to the manifold also the same right???
or try 2 use a straw lor...........

dynasty88

Mar 30, 2006
Hi, i need help from all sifu here. Is there anyone can shows me the pictures of exact parts of TB need to spray the cleaner?? I am noob in engine parts.

edwin_lcw

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Setapak
haha better teach u pritically ...... driving what car n your location ..... ? i feel like yam cha ......

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anyone tried this X1R oil additive before? Need a feedback regards the product b4 using it on my car.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience