How To Avoid Tailgaters

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com
How To Avoid Tailgaters

Being tailgated can be a very frustrating experience, and can easily lead to road rage and you never know who might take their road rage to a dangerous level. Staying calm and learning to get out of the tailgaters way is key to staying safe on the roads.

Step One
Check your own driving habits. Don't drive more than 10kmh under the speed limit, unless there are adverse conditions. Avoid driving in the far right hand lane on the highway for long periods of time. This lane should be reserved for passing, so if you aren't passing anyone, move out of the way of faster moving traffic. None of these situations give anyone the right to tailgate you, but the key is that you want to avoid being tailgated.

Step Two
Add the safe following distance of the vehicle tailgating you to yours. Recommended safe following distance is two seconds at highway speed, so if you're being tailgated, leave four seconds between you and the car in front of you. Calculate this by counting "one one thousand, two one thousand…" and so on, starting when the car in front of you passes something. If you get to that same spot before you get to 4, you're following too closely if you are being tailgated. Should you have to come to a stop quickly, 4 seconds will give you the extra time and distance to prevent the tailgater from hitting you.

Step Three
Make it easy for them to get them around you. Slow down so that they may pass you, or pull off to the side of the road completely. This may seem unfair, and you may have to swallow your pride to let the person get ahead of you.

Tips & Warnings
Don't tap your brakes thinking this will make the tailgater back off. More often, it aggravates them more, not to mention you're creating a dangerous situation in which you might be rear-ended.

Happy Motoring

SakuraGuy
Zerotohundred.Com

mokomoko

500 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
I shake and rock my steering slightly....then the tailgater will think im drunk and sure back off wan...

Go on try it!

Nobody
Helmet Clan
Dec 21, 2005
i will jz slow down intentionally... lets say from 100kmh till 60kmh... still tailgate, slow till 40kmh.... hahahahaha....

yupe,my way to keep them away esp when we r cruising 80-120km/h & surrounded by car at highway.normally they will found their way to overtake me when im <60-80km/h.

i juz dun get y some of those road user who keep on tail gate other to make a challenge... :stupid:

drive safe...

camp

Known Member
Mar 22, 2006
Bro the last part is more interesting, kekekekek, anyway nice info

Lennon

1,000 RPM
Apr 11, 2005
Tips & Warnings
Don't tap your brakes thinking this will make the tailgater back off. More often, it aggravates them more, not to mention you're creating a dangerous situation in which you might be rear-ended.

Happy Motoring

SakuraGuy
Zerotohundred.Com
This is so true.... One word: if you're slow, move out of the way......:burnout:

JtuneD

5,000 RPM
Apr 2, 2004
State Of Trance
Visit site
For me..if someone tailgate at my arse of my ride...& it's time for me to wash my windscreen!! & for sure the tailgaters will back off for a moment..try this..it works...hahahaha:proud: :driver:

eujin

1,000 RPM
Jul 10, 2005
wajaland
for me...i tap the brake ....a lit up brake light will coz tailgaters to panic..hehe..sum even jammed brake..ahahah..

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
for me...i tap the brake ....a lit up brake light will coz tailgaters to panic..hehe..sum even jammed brake..ahahah..
I always use this trick..hahahhaha
Though I am the only one whom is doing this:driver:

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
Sakuraguy.... any tips to counter those silly drivers whom chooses to change lane right beside you? Its freaking frustrating and dangerous. I just encountered it this morning.... twice somemore.

one was a wira, modded .. with A pillar meters at least.... out of nowhere, decided to cut into my lane, right beside me in a right hand turning down to bangsar fr midvalley.

bloody.. i dont care la... i had to tap my brakes to let him cut in.... and worst... after he's infront.. he decided to drive slowly.... knncb..... so i overtook him fr left..... and he decided to accelerate... wtf?! i'm driving a stock auto kancil only bai....

if only i was driving my other car...... *#($&#&*(^$($!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sato

2,000 RPM
Jul 28, 2004
I do slow down also...

from 110km/hr to 0km/hr.....till white smokes come out from the tyres......

In dreams la...hahahaa....but really can't understand them....tailgate so close.....when u look at the reverse mirror....u only saw the guy driving the car.....not the front part of the car......really really close....

Zeroed

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
If youre being tailgated at the right lane, why not just give way?

ValMar

Jun 29, 2006
haha, actually i'm also abit of a tailgater myself,
reason of bieng tailgated is.... ur a road hogger!:banghead: :burnout:
lol, sorry to say this but its frustrating for me too when i'm rushing for work, and some annoying guy just go at a low speed in the right lane, if i use flash light, u'll get angry, if i use horn, u'll go insane, then i tailgate la~! what to do?:dontknow: :laugh:

if ppl tailgate me i'll move to the side, is it a very hard thing to do? it's not like u know me lol :laugh:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The answer is - YES!!!

I'll let the pictures do the talking:

This is the said panel - for Kancil....

Soaked/washed with Meg's Degeraser then Meg's APC

After wash & clay. White spots are paints overspray (or better description would be careless overspray) curtesy from those people doing renovation works for my neighbour...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience