How Long Does Our Car Battery Last?

esthapo

Trail Bomber
Mar 31, 2006
Sister'sBedroom
Can a battery actually last up to 3 years? My battery usually lasts 1.5 to nearly 2 years but never 2+ years.

I drive a Nissan Grand Livina and it has a unique battery weakness indicator. If the battery needs changing, the auto door lock starts to act up, like the locked doors unlocking by themselves when I start my car engine. That's when I know it's time to change battery. Are other cars like this too?
To answer your q's, yes a battery can last up to 10 years old on a merc or BMW...if not mistaken, its due to their so call current management where the ECU control the alternator & everything else so that the battery receives correct amount of charging & supplying correct current....some even experienced their battery last up to 12 years old....correct me if i'm wrong...

My car battery age currently bout 3+ years with no sign of dying :biggrin:

cbsteh

Known Member
Oct 26, 2010
Kazakhstan
www.christopherteh.com
To answer your q's, yes a battery can last up to 10 years old on a merc or BMW...if not mistaken, its due to their so call current management where the ECU control the alternator & everything else so that the battery receives correct amount of charging & supplying correct current....some even experienced their battery last up to 12 years old....correct me if i'm wrong...

My car battery age currently bout 3+ years with no sign of dying :biggrin:
Respect.

mugan shan

Jun 27, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
yes bro vr2turbo....anything i can help

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

owh now i get it.....i replied the same thread because dont want to open a new tread.....because it was the same issue...that is the reason...if it is wrong sorry i wont repeat it

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
yes bro vr2turbo....anything i can help

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

owh now i get it.....i replied the same thread because dont want to open a new tread.....because it was the same issue...that is the reason...if it is wrong sorry i wont repeat it
I think should not be a problem if on topic, but you can always open new one...ha! ha!:biggrin:

mugan shan

Jun 27, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
owh ok thanks alot....i just want to ask about the alternator....the light is still showing on every morning start...is it the alternator problem or any wiring problem

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
owh ok thanks alot....i just want to ask about the alternator....the light is still showing on every morning start...is it the alternator problem or any wiring problem
Better send for check with mechanic or wire man, since not charging when cold...

blackend

Known Member
Aug 5, 2008
Johore,
normally my car battery less than 2 years.never last up to 3 year.not bad for old car user like me..

mugan shan

Jun 27, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
i have already pull out the alarm....went to wireman at kl....he checked everything...ask all the concecuance question....i answered him truly....and he said he aso dunno what is wrong bro

kayour

Known Member
Apr 5, 2006
try other workshop la

eceli 3+ years is quite normal for car with carb system...since it has less electronic part
my ke70...last for 3 years and 2 months
my wira...3++ years

NoDirecTIoN

Mar 25, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Sharing is caring :biggrin:
I'm using Bosch Battery 12V45Ah/Din refill type on my L5-efrl engine, 2nd hand alternator & ICE with voltage regulator. Battery ady more than 2 year and still running. Slight problem if no start engine after 4 days need charge/jump to start engine, which issue alarm led drain & battery self discharge.
I hear from my friend mechanic & a BMW owner verdict that BMW car battery mostly are stored in the boot space/luggage area VS normal conventional car in the engine bay. difference is heat/radiation exposure direct to the battery affect the rate of chemical reaction which higher heat = higher reaction = plate corrode faster = shorter battery lifespan.
While maintenance free battery if can even last more than 2 year ur 1 lucky owner ady as the more u use the battery = battery dry up faster (x refill yo)
BTW my industry line is related to industrial rechargeable battery :biggrin:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Sharing is caring :biggrin:
I'm using Bosch Battery 12V45Ah/Din refill type on my L5-efrl engine, 2nd hand alternator & ICE with voltage regulator. Battery ady more than 2 year and still running. Slight problem if no start engine after 4 days need charge/jump to start engine, which issue alarm led drain & battery self discharge.
I hear from my friend mechanic & a BMW owner verdict that BMW car battery mostly are stored in the boot space/luggage area VS normal conventional car in the engine bay. difference is heat/radiation exposure direct to the battery affect the rate of chemical reaction which higher heat = higher reaction = plate corrode faster = shorter battery lifespan.
While maintenance free battery if can even last more than 2 year ur 1 lucky owner ady as the more u use the battery = battery dry up faster (x refill yo)
BTW my industry line is related to industrial rechargeable battery :biggrin:
If battery cannot crank after 4 days, the battery cannot keep charge already. About time to change. Mine was like that last time. Went overseas for 4 days cannot start, use everyday no problem. After change battery, 2 weeks no start, still can crank.

MF battery, you can tear away the top sticker, you will find filler holes. Unscrew caps like normal battery and fill, but usually once electrolyte dries up, battery already dying...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi, Im looking forward to replace my car front and rear bumpers and i need to clarify some issues before getting it. My ride is wira aeroback SE.

1) Im confused with the material that is used to make bumpers. I frequently see PU, PP, and fiber materials. What material is used for original wira bumpers? How to identify the original type of bumpers?

2) How much do they cost for front and rear?

2) Can i install it by myself after getting the bumpers? Is it hard or easy? Any drilling...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience