How Long Does Our Car Battery Last?

NoDirecTIoN

Mar 25, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
If battery cannot crank after 4 days, the battery cannot keep charge already. About time to change. Mine was like that last time. Went overseas for 4 days cannot start, use everyday no problem. After change battery, 2 weeks no start, still can crank.

MF battery, you can tear away the top sticker, you will find filler holes. Unscrew caps like normal battery and fill, but usually once electrolyte dries up, battery already dying...
yeah i understand the battery can't keep charge longer than 4 day ady. me only weekend use, but normally my sibling use. But as long the car daily got use is ok de.

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
Where can I find Din45 or Solite battery in KL ?

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
i got one question, is it idling engine can charge battery ?
tumpang , my case here.
months ago before join zth. Sent my wira seat for cover replacement.
My wira din start for 1 week. Saja think let it idle to charge. Can crank, all ok.
4 days later, try to crank, KO already...battery weak. 11V only show from turbo timer. Jump start, drive. All back to normal.:smokin:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
tumpang , my case here.
My wira din start for 1 week. Saja think let it idle to charge. Can crank, all ok.
4 days later, try to crank, KO already...battery weak. 11V only show from turbo timer. Jump start, drive. All back to normal.:smokin:
Yes, it should charge the battery but probably your battery that time was already on its last breath so that last crank was it. :biggrin:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
tumpang , my case here.

If the alternator kong, idlling for 5 hours won't charge the battery.....Have to make sure the alternator in good condition.....

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
tumpang , my case here.
It will charge but not as good as going for a drive. However if you battery cannot start after only one week the battery is weak already. Should be able to hold charge for 3 to 4 weeks at least or maybe your car have parasitic leak?

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
It will charge but not as good as going for a drive. However if you battery cannot start after only one week the battery is weak already. Should be able to hold charge for 3 to 4 weeks at least or maybe your car have parasitic leak?
I suspect that too.....since I frequent drive, not much problem yet.:bawling:

Jac83

Known Member
Apr 29, 2007
tumpang , my case here.
Idling do charge the battery but it takes a much longer time and keeping your engine idle frequently just to charge your battery will do the engine no good. Carbon will built up in no time.

Older car tend to have unknown 'leaks' as the wiring are old and certain part of sheath may already be torn. Best is to drive it on daily basis to keep the battery at optimum health and maximize the lifespan.

I had the same problem previously with my bot crv rd1. Drive it only on weekend but i do a routine start up and idle for few minutes every 2 days just to keep the dry battery alive. Battery go flat on me in 8 months. Replace it with a new wet battery, same routine and the battery went flat in 10 months:banghead:.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I hear rumours that Amaron green is good. India mari. Anybody can validate?

Century Marathoner don't really last. Bosch S5 is rubbish.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Idling do charge the battery but it takes a much longer time and keeping your engine idle frequently just to charge your battery will do the engine no good. Carbon will built up in no time.

Older car tend to have unknown 'leaks' as the wiring are old and certain part of sheath may already be torn. Best is to drive it on daily basis to keep the battery at optimum health and maximize the lifespan.

I had the same problem previously with my bot crv rd1. Drive it only on weekend but i do a routine start up and idle for few minutes every 2 days just to keep the dry battery alive. Battery go flat on me in 8 months. Replace it with a new wet battery, same routine and the battery went flat in 10 months:banghead:.
Drive only weekend, can try taking the terminal off but then your radio all goes off......lol

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I suspect that too.....since I frequent drive, not much problem yet.:bawling:
If drive daily then no problem. Like mine got one time, if left for 3 days or more cannot start dy, but drive daily no problem. Later change battery can last at least 2 to 3 weeks also no problem.....lol:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

can anyone help me i need the instruction manual for the radiostar king eagle lcd 2-way pager alarm... I can't get onto radiostar web site and no one around has a copy of it all i need is the programming codes for the pager remotes so if someone would be kind enough the help me i would really appreciate it....even if someone can photo copy it or take a picture of it they can email this info to me at [email protected] you would be helping me out huge...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience