How do I know if I have a leaking exhaust?

LemonRuski

Known Member
Jun 16, 2005
KL
- how do i detect it?
- is there a way to test it?
- what are symptoms?

the last thing i want, is to go to an exhaust shop...then to be told by a cheating mechanic that I have a leaking exhaust just because he wants to do business, when in fact, I don't have an exhaust problem...

O

oldhag

from my exp., you'll hear lorry sound if it's leaking. mine is quite serious, rusted until there's a hole. if you are unsure, ask the guy to show you the leaking spot, put your hand near it while the engine is started, and see if you can feel any air leaking

edwin_lcw

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Setapak
eating petrol ? loss power ? go exhaust pipe shop check n ask them show u where leaking then onli u decide

LemonRuski

Known Member
Jun 16, 2005
KL
gosh...actually my gf did comment that there was a lorry sound, but i tot it was just because i changed to my hotbits 4-2-1 extractor...

must go check my exhaust system this sat liow...

thanks a million everyone who replied !! :burnout:

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
gosh...actually my gf did comment that there was a lorry sound, but i tot it was just because i changed to my hotbits 4-2-1 extractor...

must go check my exhaust system this sat liow...

thanks a million everyone who replied !! :burnout:
you are welcome.....:biggrin:

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
if ur ekzos leak is quite serious,when u revving...u wil notice the sound is louder at the place it leak..instead of the end of the muffler.

if after changed extractor only this happen, check the extractor n piping connection...it must be not sit properly n leave a gap or loose connection.

it will be easier if u lift up ur car in 4 post jack wit engine start, one person sit inside revving...u n one mech at bottom of ur ride check n listen to the ekzos sound...

hehe

karl5511

1,000 RPM
May 31, 2007
Err...if exhaust got leakage, any possibility that it might disturb the timing tune? Like higher rpm in idle?

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I own an old Proton Iswara manual 1.5. At times, I have problem starting the engine. It gives a tick sound but it doesn't work. I need to turn the key a few times to get it running. My car has already installed with a starter relay long time ago. In fact, I have just replaced a new relay. But the problem still persists.

I read somewhere that by giving a knock on the starter could probably fix the problem; that if the starter has no problem. Could someone tell me where exactly where is the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience