Honda D16 BOT help~

tks84

Known Member
May 16, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
B16 for mid to high end...D series known for low end thats why american last time all like main d series...till they know the way to turn B series pulak... very scary oso...to bolt BOT you need to take a lot consideration as if you try to save on something...end up,kaboom....but honda Dseries good for bot...if low boost...if higher need to strengthen crank,piston,rod,bolt...
but it would be really fun as you put sticker sohc at the side,1 sportcar come beside with his cun chick lansi lansi...see your sohc...ram at you...apa lagi...?? asap him bertiang tiang...if auto lagi malu lagi dia..kekekekeke beside put sohc sticker behind put auto...hehehehehe

aranny2001

Known Member
Jun 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
B16 for mid to high end...D series known for low end thats why american last time all like main d series...till they know the way to turn B series pulak... very scary oso...to bolt BOT you need to take a lot consideration as if you try to save on something...end up,kaboom....but honda Dseries good for bot...if low boost...if higher need to strengthen crank,piston,rod,bolt...
but it would be really fun as you put sticker sohc at the side,1 sportcar come beside with his cun chick lansi lansi...see your sohc...ram at you...apa lagi...?? asap him bertiang tiang...if auto lagi malu lagi dia..kekekekeke beside put sohc sticker behind put auto...hehehehehe
now the american also stil playing D16..... but only malaysia not famous.... malaysian love top speed more i guess... will the low boost BOT D16 series with stock conrod, postion, bolt and so on can withstand the pressure? cause i know my D16 is aluminium alloy block.... good in heat dissipation.. but not sure the strength dunno can tahan or not... you got friends or seen any D16 bot before?

hose american now love to bolt on B series now....:thefinger: :rofl:

---------- Post added at 11:41 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

bump for myself to get opinions... BOT or B16A transplant?

chrissyong

500 RPM
Aug 14, 2007
better change the race fuel pump for not take more risk like break break piston or knocking and pinging.

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
i have a list for u,what u probably nid and provided ur current engine is healthy enough...

1.) low boost package(max 0.5 bar for safety)

-higher cc injector,from b20 or h22a
-responsive turbo,tdo4l wil enough i think
-intercooler, piping,zorst manifold,custom oil feed and water feed lines
-emanage blue with good tuner
-fuel regulator
-better clutch
-upgrade cooling
-upgrade brakes
-upgrade tyres

cost estimated: around 5k-7k for boosting safely and powerful

2.) high boost monster build (can go for 1-2bar)

-bigger turbine,like tdo5h(max 1.5bar,for higher boost,need bigger)
-forged piston and rod
-acl bearing
-arp headstud
-balancing
-block guard
- injector from evo 510 cc
-fuel regulator
- racing fuel pump
-gripper racing clutch
-lsd for more traction
-better valve spring and retainer(this 1 hard to get)
-upgrade cooling
-upgrade brakes
-upgrade suspension and handling
-upgrade tyres
-upgrade ur balls

cost estimated: 10k-12k, safely for power output>250whp

aranny2001

Known Member
Jun 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
i have a list for u,what u probably nid and provided ur current engine is healthy enough...

1.) low boost package(max 0.5 bar for safety)

-higher cc injector,from b20 or h22a
-responsive turbo,tdo4l wil enough i think
-fuel regulator
-better clutch
-upgrade cooling
-upgrade brakes
-upgrade tyres

cost estimated: around 5k-7k for boosting safely and powerful

2.) high boost monster build (can go for 1-2bar)

-bigger turbine,like tdo5h(max 1.5bar,for higher boost,need bigger)
-forged piston and rod
-acl bearing
-arp headstud
-balancing
-block guard
- injector from evo 510 cc
-fuel regulator
- racing fuel pump
-gripper racing clutch
-lsd for more traction
-better valve spring and retainer(this 1 hard to get)
-upgrade cooling
-upgrade brakes
-upgrade suspension and handling
-upgrade tyres
-upgrade ur balls

cost estimated: 10k-12k, safely for power output>250whp
low boost with auto gear can?

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
low boost with auto gear can?
sure can... just install ATF cooler for better cooling of ur gearbox ... there is one civic owner using d series auto turbo low boost also, name is civic 0.5 bar? or maybe others, i forgot

e-jump

Known Member
Mar 13, 2004
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
hi all ( ^_^)/
im reviving this old thread because im running a ZC-turbo (its d16 anyway).
feel free to ask me (about the FEELS)

the original hp of this engine was 11xhp on dyno. And after BOT i got 180hp on dyno.
Im on stock internal everything.
im using ayam parts here n there, T28 spec turbo AR0.48 and boosting 0.5bar (tend to overboost to 0.6 at 5th gear) n running emanage blue.
Response was OK, so far no overheating after 2+ months, with the exception my headgasket or the headbolt gave way and my coolant enters my engine today =__=

Im still scouting on what headgasket to use while im sure to get ARP studs.
most american forums goes w/ OEM 3layer metal gasket(MLS?) as Comatic gasket is a hit n miss.
Im no expert in turbo, so if i were to go thicker gasket to compensate my head getting skimmed if it warped (so far it doesnt overheat, but just in case), what thickness should i look into just to be a lil lower compression but close to stock?

*No plan to up the boost as im satisfied w/ my sub 200hp (it can carry 4person uphill, so im happy) dailydriver

Last edited:

SuzanneOwens

Jan 11, 2014
new york city,
The booster replacement would really cost you some huge bucks. That ain't cheap..But i guess you should go for some aftermarket one and try to purchase online. That'd save you some money.

e-jump

Known Member
Mar 13, 2004
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
^thanks for the tips Suzanne

Yes, inspection on my carbon (yes, my ZC was using carbon) headgasket, cylinder1 was flooded by coolant. LOL fail.
Folks, if you run ZC or D16A6, swap out the carbon gasket for metal. saves you headache.

Currently i got my car up and running. I got ARP shipped via fedex, but I ended using some Taiwan 'Nara' 4layer metal gasket ~1mm thickness as my Cometic 0.060 order process went so slow. Honda genuine metal gasket for sohc vtec is so expensive here =__=.
Anyway I believe you can only buy D16 Cometic 0.030 thickness ones straight off the shelves anywehere on Ebay. Any other thickness will be custom order back to Cometic, takes 10days.

Now still in 'break-in period' lol. And I may need to send for retune as my compression has dropped a bit due to thicker gasket. Not sure yet if i want to get a boost controller to up abit my boost to 0.7+bar

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys,

I like to start a thread on methods you have heard (or experienced, gulp!) how people car jack. The methods I know are:

1) Sticking a note on your rear window (when your car is parked), so when you exit your car to check, the car jackers get in and drive off your car

2) Like no. 1 but they stick cans on your exhaust, so when you drive off the parking spot, you hear noise behind you. You go down and check, and the car jackers move in.

3) They ram your car rear on the roads...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience