HKS turbo timer installation

mokh

Known Member
Oct 18, 2008
hi.

i just got the HKS turbo timer from halfcut. only the timer without installation manual. i search the net and found this diagram.

i found the +ve battery and acc, but dont know what is IG1 and IG2 means. is it ignition 1 and ignition 2?

btw,
i checked the ignition harness and found this;

please help me with the 'unknown'.

thanks.

mokh

Known Member
Oct 18, 2008
i did read the manuals on the link u provided but my TT is type iv i think. a bit differ from the type 0 and type 1.

however, i found the instruction in this site
http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/hks_turbo_timer/turbo_timer.htm

so now i finally got the timer working. but cannot get the alarm work well with the TT.

tried some methods found in the net but failed. the main point is to set the acc signal to alarm (to tell the alarm that we are not there anymore). any ideas?

Greytezza

1,000 RPM
Feb 6, 2007
Truly Asia
i just got the HKS turbo timer from halfcut. only the timer without installation manual. i search the net and found this diagram.
Just one question...Is your Tezza turbo charged bro??
I am confused becos u open a thread asking about the S-flow muffler and here you asking for help on the installation of a turbo timer??? :confused:

mokh

Known Member
Oct 18, 2008
no no...my tezza is juat the stock one..

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
i believe mokh is just using the turbo timer's function (cool off timer) to cool down the engine
before it is shutdown.
a few of my friends with N/A also using that.

Bl@cK-TeZZ@

500 RPM
Apr 15, 2006
no no...my tezza is juat the stock one..
Then why do u need the turbo timer by the way? Will make ur wiring n stuff more complicated.
I suggest u install an alarm system with built in auto start system...works the same way as a turbo timer, less messy!

green

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
kl
u don't really need a turbo timer if yours is not a turbo engine. btw, N/a engines won't get too hot unless ur radiator is koyak. even if turbo engines get hot, its only after a hard trashing, and thats in the track in sepang

honestly why waste the money? might as well get better suspension/brakes/tires/exhaust

its like putting in an intercooler in the front of your car and pretending you are driving a turbo car, like one "geng" fella in the hypertune magazine...a mit lancer with a fake intercooler in front. sooner or later he being shiok sendiri will get bored

invest in better shocks man...like the yellow trd, not cheap thrills

Greytezza

1,000 RPM
Feb 6, 2007
Truly Asia
i believe mokh is just using the turbo timer's function (cool off timer) to cool down the engine
before it is shutdown.
a few of my friends with N/A also using that.
Just like Green said...an N/A engine don't need cooling down no matter how hard u trash the car. Better save yr money for other things..like a used original Tezza S-flow muffler. Why skim on the muffler to buy stuff that do not bring any improvement to the car? Just IMHO....

mokh

Known Member
Oct 18, 2008
after checking on the alarm manual, i think the alarm cannot be arm as long as the TT is on.
not really good integration.

btw, thanks guys for your advise.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
I had the same problem when I install a HKS TT in my Airtrek Turbo. When the TT shuts the engine down, even after I armed the alarm, all the doors will be unlocked but alarm still armed. I went to 2 acc shops and only the 2nd shop managed to get it installed by using some relays. The only draw back is that at times after I shut the engine down with the TT off, the doors won't unlock on it's own.

mokh

Known Member
Oct 18, 2008
the problem have been well known for those using separate TT and alarm. depending on the alarm (i dont know which), some claimed their alarm can work with the TT with some modification on the alarm wiring (using relays, diods, rewiring..) but for my alarm it will never can be integrated.

alarm wont arm the car as long as the alarm know the engine still running. but when by pass the engine running sensing on the alarm, the alarm somhow shut off the engine.

maybe it can be modded somwhere. but not worth it for the sake of TT IMHO. hehe

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

As you can see from the heavily shrouded example of what looks to be the latest Mitsubishi Mirage, currently being sold in the Thailand market, we were lucky to spot this test vehicle at the Saujana area that was about to be towed back to Mitsubishi HQ...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience