Spied: 2012 Mitsubishi Mirage in Subang - Soon to be sold in Malaysia?

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur

As you can see from the heavily shrouded example of what looks to be the latest Mitsubishi Mirage, currently being sold in the Thailand market, we were lucky to spot this test vehicle at the Saujana area that was about to be towed back to Mitsubishi HQ.

Initially, it was difficult to tell from what's left of the shape of this hatchback, we were told by the individuals surrounding the car that this is the latest Mirage, a test version that will soon be introduced to the Malaysian market in a couple of months.

As you can see from the above picture, this is how the new Mitsubishi Mirage actually look like. No longer the sporty hatch that we Malaysians are used to in the form of the Proton Satria back in the 90s.

The Mirage has evolved into what is a safe, new-age A to B city car, rather than a 3 door car with tons of potential that we were all used to. The good news is that the new Mirage's RISE2 body design was designed to absorb and disperse impacts when hit from left right and center.

Thailand has been selling the all new Mitsubishi Mirage since March last month for THB 380,000 - THB 551,000, equivalent to RM38,000 - RM55,100. Of course, this doesn't directly translate to the Malaysian price, but it'll sort of give you a hint to how affordable it'll eventually be.

So, the specs for this vehicle that will soon be available for purchase here? According what's being sold in Thailand, these are the Mirage's vital statistics:

Specifications for 2012 Mitsubishi Mirage

Zerotohundred: in less than 30 secs
Top Speed: enough to get you a ticket
Engine: 1.2L 3-cylinder MIVEC
Power: 77bhp @ 6000rpm
Torque: 100nm / 4000rpm
Transmision: CVT / Manual
Weight: 850kg ~
Fuel Economy: 22km / litre
Wheels: 14"
Witdh: 1665mm
Length: 3710mm
Height: 1490mm
Tyres: 165/65/14
Chassis: McPherson strut front / Torsion beam rear
Colours:

• Lemonade Yellow Metallic
  • Pop Green Metallic
  • Cerulean Blue Mica
  • Red Metallic
  • Cool Silver Metallic
  • White Pearl
  • Eisen Gray Mica
  • Black Mica
Price: RM TBA / Price in Thailand THB 380,000 - THB 551,000

What was the Mitsubishi Mirage / Colt / Fiore before:

Attachments

ae101rulez

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2005
erm...
are they going back to the mirage's original roots??? today's car all seem to enlarge over time. Just look at the Lancer for example...

The original mirage

Jackie Chan's Mirage Turbo Saga Hatchback.:biggrin::biggrin:...lol

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
The new mirage looks like a crossbreed between a Yaris and a Savvy. But it's still relatively pretty though. Not muscular, just pretty. A different target market perhaps? But then again that's what people said for the Myvi yet we still see tonnes of crazy modded Myvis that look pretty good.

And I really like the way this Mirage looks!

Aftermarket bumper and hood?

Won

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I liked this bit best!

Zerotohundred: in less than 30 secs
Top Speed: enough to get you a ticket

kUmUcHaI 11/1

500 RPM
Feb 28, 2010
JB - KL
Tom, your car in the pic make people only concentrate in the MiniCoop lah...:biggrin:
A bit disappointed that Mirage become like Downgraded.
I choose Myvi 1.5 over this.

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Hoho. Just my own opinion, I'll take the old Mirage anytime. I don't like this new Mirage.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Nissan latest compact release? This has not been official yet but these pics are circulating around the world of email and just post here to share with you.

Need someone to translate into English please...:_:

The rear look merely like Hyundai Atos...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience