Highest hp on 4g93 sohc Na

Ryuuken

Known Member
Apr 2, 2011
Subang Jaya
6ue5T,

noted.. thank you..

do you know if code E camshafts are better than code D..please share
Having 164 HP is actually pretty nice for a 1.8 DOHC.
Is the car daily driven? If daily driven then HP is not really everything.
There's no car on the road with 600HP will use the total 600HP fully on the road.. we got traffics to consider tau.ahahahhahahah...
For me, last time when i used to play proton, i install it almost mildly until i crush the car in to a gutter and it became a drag car.
If i were you, with that kind of current settings i have, my next step would probably a mild 254 or 264 camshaft. i wouldn't go up to 272 or higher because of the lumpy idling which would cause much of a stress..not towards the engine, but to me,the driver.
Plus on a side note, higher cam degree would put more power on the top end, but not the low and mid.
As one said just now,i also personally think that your torque value have increased well.
After i've installed a cam from either matspeed or powerzone, i would go on to proceed with my exhaust header/extracxtor, that one would work wonders with the current exhaust setting you have.
Lastly,i would do a complete intake manifold with Oversize TB. Open pod is not really recommended,just my 2 cents. Because a bare open pod would just suck hot air from the engine heat. If wanna go open pod,then it's best to have a cold airbox.

---------- Post added at 09:47 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:34 AM ----------

6ue5T,

noted.. thank you..

do you know if code E camshafts are better than code D..please share
This one i have no theory to support the engineering dynamic nor i have the evidence to say so myself.
But last time i always heard about this, and they say the Code E is the better ones.
Myth,Hype or Facts? Not sure.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
nobody will knew whats the differences between code D,E or whatever code differences in the camshaft...unless he personally dialled the cam and check the spec during dialling.....

but...i knew there is some differences in cam spec from factory mainly for europe/japan spec to suits the consumer (fuel etc etc)...