HID Lights

kaysc13

May 3, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hello everybody.
I couldn't find a thread about this so I thought I start one.

I want to install HID white lights on my car. And from what I have been hearing some people say it's legal and some say it's not.
So can anybody comfirm it is legal because I dun wan to have to fork out money for "duit kopi" everytime there is a road block.

Thanks in advance for all your help. =):adore:

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
To tell you the truth, I don't know about your place. but my place here in KK, its not a matter of legal or not. It's whether they want to saman or not. My friend got saman for using open pod Apexi on his B16A Civic.

Being a HID retrofit user, what I can advise is:

1. get the 4300k to be safer. Not 100% safe though. It is effective to fool less experienced jpj. I am using 4200k. Not so nice. Want to up to 4300 in the future.

2. When installing, ask the shop to hide the ballast for you. That way, they can't find if they ask to open the bonne.

3. Get the double beam magnetic Hi-Lo units. That way, you get proper low light and highlight for safety. Also, when they ask you to flash your lights, your lights colour doesn't change so they don't know.

AND MOST IMPORTANT....
4. Be a responsible user and learn DIY. When I bought mine, I took off the small size gay glare shield ad custom make mine from aluminium sheet. The original shield didn't provide any effective shield at all and harm oncoming driver's eyes. I took time to test and adjust the size of the glare shield. And then tried to aim the headlight properly to achieve a balance between minimal glare and good light throw.

5. Or just straight away do a HID projector conversion.

To be honest, mine not that good yet. Glare is minimal but light throw is not so much. Light amount is brighter that halogen. But the distribution, the spread is not that good. I still want to fine tune it when I have time. But at least, the most important thing is don't harm other people.

Cheers...:burnout:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Back in 2005, and more precisely, during the Tokyo Motor Show 2005, Nissan unveiled one of the most interesting concept cars of the entire event, the PIVO. To put it simply, Nissan came out with a round cute car with a cabin which was able to rotate on itself 360 degrees.

Anyway, due to the success of the first generation, Nissan will come out with a 2nd generation of this PIVO with several tweeks that you will discover in...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience