HELP: where to buy SMT oil?

Oct 14, 2010
Bangkok
Hi all,

Does anyone can help me where to buy Toyota SMT oil in KL or JB?
My car has just get a HPU replacement but I cannot find the SMT oil anywhere in my country.
I'll be in malaysia in the near future so I'm thinking to buy there and bring that back.

It's been sometimes and I miss driving my car...
Please help.

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
Hi all,

Does anyone can help me where to buy Toyota SMT oil in KL or JB?
My car has just get a HPU replacement but I cannot find the SMT oil anywhere in my country.
I'll be in malaysia in the near future so I'm thinking to buy there and bring that back.

It's been sometimes and I miss driving my car...
Please help.
hi jronald, are u in facebook?

u are in luck. there is an owner who has a gbox/HPU unit (low mileage) for sale. & the said SMT oil.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kuala-Lumpur-Malaysia/Malaysia-Toyota-MR-S-MR2-Club/126510837377643

jronald78

Oct 14, 2010
Bangkok
No, I don't have facebook.
And I only need the oil. I've bought the new HPU.

Do you happen to know the store where I can get 2 litres of SMT oil?

Thank you very much for your help! Greatly appreciated.

---------- Post added at 09:43 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

Or does anyone know if there's a store in singapore where I can get this SMT oil?

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
No, I don't have facebook.
And I only need the oil. I've bought the new HPU.

Do you happen to know the store where I can get 2 litres of SMT oil?

Thank you very much for your help! Greatly appreciated.

---------- Post added at 09:43 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

Or does anyone know if there's a store in singapore where I can get this SMT oil?

limited stocks available
RM380 per bottle (i think its only 1 Litre)

Sequential MT Fluid
part no 08886-02206

pme'd u the contact.

jronald78

Oct 14, 2010
Bangkok
Thank you for the info! You've been very helpful.
I will contact him for sure.

I can't believe how hard it is to find an oil! LoL

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
i think the importer mentioned they have to purchase in a certain amount. (not certain but info passed on)

Sep 3, 2011
Singapore
Hello, I'm from Singapore. I hv a 2007 MRS.

I was googling for information on the problems of SMT gearbox and I found your site. I need to find the oil for the HPU too. Can you please PM me where can I get it? I have checked Sg locally here but failed to find it. How many litres will I need to buy? I cannot see any drainage hole on the HPU pump...do I need to suck it out bit by bit from the topping up hole on top?

I understand also that the gearbox oil is again different oil from the HPU. Can you advise what is the grade of oil to use?

My SMT is ok except that when my car come to a stop and it auto shifts down to 1st gear, there is a loud crunching noise. Happens very frequently. Can you advise me what could be the problem? I went to my local mechanic and he says I need to replace the entire SMT pump! Faint..... I cannot agree with his diagnosis as if the pump is failing, then my gearbox wont be able to shift and change gears so nicely right? My problem is only happening in 1st gear.

Please help. Sorry for so many questions but we all love the MRS...and I want to take extra good care of my baby. Thank you sir!

Last edited:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The good boffins at Winding Road have come up with a metric called Speed per Dollar (SpD). Its aim is to put straight-line vehicle performance into an easy-to-understand financial perspective. In light of the monetary component, the best and worst SpD ratings among the sample cars tested aren't entirely surprising: Ariel Atom at the top, Bugatti Veyron at the bottom. Supercars -- and their super prices -- would...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience