help plz, microtech and haltech dilema

s_gosal

Jun 23, 2005
Indonesia
Hi, wanna ask what ecu better for FD? I got Microtech LT10s im using in my GTIR PULSAR RNN14. Recently i bought Haltech e6x as my garage advice me.

As far as i know that Microtech well known for FD/Rotary engine.

But my garage said if using Haltech ecu, i dont have to Top-up/add extra oil into FD engine. not like Microtech.

some garage advice me that haltech has noise distorsion(storing) problem with ECU, sometimes ecu error if using on Rotary engine.

Im confuse now, please help me.

If really the Microtech better on rotary, then ill swap my microtech on GTIR Pulsar to Haltech, then the FD using microtech.

thanks

S. gosal

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
i would say haltech is far more better than microtech
u open up the software n see , u can see the diffrence urself
u can also checkout megasquirt, bt then megasquirt on rotary would be challenging
im sure lots of FD using haltech , i dnt understand wht oil u have to topup , err

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
Is the FD for street/daily drive/part time racer or full time track car?

If its daily driven with occasional track day, etc, THen go for Haltech. AFAIK, Microtech has no close loop, which means your car might have poor fuel economy, need to warm-up during cold start-ups and erratic iddling.

If your FD is full time track usage, then Microtech is way to go. As for track, you don need no frigin' close loop operation when you pedal to the metal most of the time.

However, I heard Haltech E6X prices has somewhat soften to compete with other ECUs. (I'm not sure about this, but I heard E6X retails at RM4,000++ incl. installation & tuning)

COntact GT Auto / TOby, for Haltech and Millenium / Joshua Thiran for Microtech.

GOod luck.

s_gosal

Jun 23, 2005
Indonesia
another question

thnaks JINKL tats awesome site
abt the oil, my garage said that FD engine oil need to check cos ill reduce alot after few months. also when track days, need to add oil mix with fuel. if using microtech. and he advice me to go for haltech, and now i decide stay haltech for my fd :)

the RX7 that i bought, its engine has not been start for more than 1 yrs. my garage asked me to prepare to buy apex seal kits, he believe that my compresion should drop already and i need to rebuild the engine. any advice? he said that drop compresion = no power at all. so need to rebuild the engine.

he asked me to order the water seal too. he also said normally need to change the water seal, cos the car is not running for ages.

thanks joeker thats awesome advice, im goin for street use, i decide Haltech on my fd and Microtech stick on my GTIR:)

im located in indonesia, jakarta. so i looking to buy some parts from neighbour(msia) too :)

search around in the marketplace forum:)
thanks

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
I don understand why your mechanic say need to top up oil more often when using Microtech.

Hi engine oil consumption isn't realted to engine management but rather engine's health condition

jo1

Known Member
Dec 8, 2004
ems choice is as good as the tuner, just use what your tuner preference and best at. Mechanical problem like high engine oil consumption nothing to do with the EMS used... as far as i know.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,the Wira is having a very bad windscreen now. Never notice it until i used the washer yesterday.
Water mark is in critical state.The bad wiper only make the condition worst.

Can i use compound paste on the windscreen as i have some in the store.?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience