Can i use compound paste on windscreed?

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Hi guys,the Wira is having a very bad windscreen now. Never notice it until i used the washer yesterday.
Water mark is in critical state.The bad wiper only make the condition worst.

Can i use compound paste on the windscreen as i have some in the store.?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
If smooth type chemical compound, should be okay. If coarse type like G3 or Chinese they call (poly sar) it might create swirls on the glass.
Any chance coming up to PJ. If yes, you can drop by to my place, I can have a look or you try some of my products...:biggrin:

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Thanks for the offer but PJ is too far lh.
Funny thing is that my close friend ask me to acompany him and he provided hotel room oso in Subang just now.If i said yes then maybe we can meet later in the evening but the picture of waiting hours for him to finish his meeting is just unbearable.I know coz the meeting is by my previous employer..hahah.

i think mine is Farecla g3 so not suitable right?
what else can i use as i dont really want to buy another car detailing product which will end up lying in the store.i have these in my store:
-soft 99 luster wax
-soft 99 meta clean
-petronas quick wax
-carnauba wax(i think this is the strongest i have which i am sure safe on clear coat)
-turtle wax bug remover
-perma glass sealant

what can be use?

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
compound paste is fine. Just make sure you apply LIGHT pressure only.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Thanks for the offer but PJ is too far lh.
Funny thing is that my close friend ask me to acompany him and he provided hotel room oso in Subang just now.If i said yes then maybe we can meet later in the evening but the picture of waiting hours for him to finish his meeting is just unbearable.I know coz the meeting is by my previous employer..hahah.

i think mine is Farecla g3 so not suitable right?
what else can i use as i dont really want to buy another car detailing product which will end up lying in the store.i have these in my store:
-soft 99 luster wax
-soft 99 meta clean
-petronas quick wax
-carnauba wax(i think this is the strongest i have which i am sure safe on clear coat)
-turtle wax bug remover
-perma glass sealant

what can be use?
You not going for the meeting, right? Come direct see me, then evening you meet your friend....hahhaha:biggrin:
Wax is of no use for cleaning, more for protection.

Maybe you can try G3 by hand. Try small section at the corner or something...

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Vr2turbo,,
If i come directly to see u then i better stay 1-2 days to get to know others as well..maybe next time then.

i will try the compound paste on the corner of the glass.i will do it next week as now in kuala pilah.

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Bro gunnerz...if problem r water spots u might b able to try using very fine sand paper (maybe a 1500 or 2000 grit)...oh ya make sure u wet sand it...at least that's how I do for my car...then u can apply d compound paste if u want...

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Vr2turbo,,
If i come directly to see u then i better stay 1-2 days to get to know others as well..maybe next time then.

i will try the compound paste on the corner of the glass.i will do it next week as now in kuala pilah.
Yah! if you want to meet the gang can be arranged. We can arranged tt to meet you.....:driver:

---------- Post added at 08:22 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:21 AM ----------

Bro gunnerz...if problem r water spots u might b able to try using very fine sand paper (maybe a 1500 or 2000 grit)...oh ya make sure u wet sand it...at least that's how I do for my car...then u can apply d compound paste if u want...
You lagi hardcore use sandpaper.....

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
X la bro...its very2 fine so it x scratch d screen n does a good job to remove d debris n all...that's how most (if x all) paint shops do it to remove paint dust etc...x scratch marks n it does its work = :top:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
If smooth type chemical compound, should be okay. If coarse type like G3 or Chinese they call (poly sar) it might create swirls on the glass.
Any chance coming up to PJ. If yes, you can drop by to my place, I can have a look or you try some of my products...:biggrin:
Nvm, I come :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Me too hehehe...opportunity to c d legendary vr4 in all its glory
Can send your car for vr4 legendary car maintenance skills with a fee haha

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
maybe next wanna try tooth paste :biggrin:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Me too hehehe...opportunity to c d legendary vr4 in all its glory
Come see VR4 only, because you sifu in detailing already, I scare woh!:driver:

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

Nvm, I come :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
If you from Melaka, then can.....hhahahhahah

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Forbes has named the 10 most sexiest cars in the world in the year of 2007:

Sexiest Car for Hip-Hop Moguls: Rolls-Royce Phantom
Sexiest Car for Hollywood Agents: Lexus LS Hybrid
Sexiest Car for Miami Beach Plastic Surgeons: Lamborghini Murciélago Roadster
Sexiest Car for Mobsters: Cadillac Escalade & EXT
Sexiest Car for Newly Divorced Dads: Chevrolet Corvette Convertible...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience