help needed !!!!!!!!!!!!!

dlj9788

Aug 16, 2006
Can Anybody Tell Me, Does Rsm Or Safc Can Install To Waja 1.6 And Wira 1.5?

funkydog

Known Member
Sep 28, 2006
i also have similiar problem .... but problem ....

funkydog

Known Member
Sep 28, 2006
finally .... some ppl replied......

bro ... can recommend which apexi meter to install ? my honda civic nv put turbo or wat ... NA 1 .......

wanna do vtec control and the ecu control ...... can intro ? can rsm acheive it ?

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
i dont think rsm have vtec control.

apex have their own vtec controller.

----------------------------------------------------

VTEC Controllers
A few people have asked what VTEC controllers are, and how they affect the engine. A VTEC controller is basically just a RPM activated switch that connects to the VTEC control valve and switches cams at a pre-determined engine speed, rather than letting the ECU figure things out. I have reverse engineered a commercial VTEC controller to see how one works, and found that they also look at the oil pressure and water temperature sensors like the ECU normally does, so that the cams are not switched if something is wrong. I have heard of people using an off the shaft rpm switch as a VTEC controller.

VTEC controllers are useful if the engine has been modified, and the ECU switches cams too early/too late, and for certain engines where Honda has got the cam switch point wrong. The only example of this that I know is the VTEC prelude, which has a huge jump in the torque curve because the cams are switched too late. Rumour has it that Honda did this deliberately to get a good EPA gas mileage, but there definitely are benefits from getting the prelude to switch cams earlier.

With the stock B16 engine this is little to be gained from changing the cam switch point - the ECU does a much better job than a VTEC controller because it can compare the torque curves of each cam and switch where they overlap. If you need a VTEC controller then it will be evident from a jump (up or down) in the torque curve when the cams switch. This may be difficult to judge even from a dyno because the cams should switch at different speeds with different engine loads, but a dyno print out would be the way to check.

-just extra info.

funkydog

Known Member
Sep 28, 2006
wow fluffy .......... u sound like an car mod veteran ........
respect !!!!!!!

haha..... since u so friendly ... provide so much info... hope u dun mind me asking few more stupid Q ............ hehe

the new safc neo have both safc 2 and vafc 2 function ........ and the power fc i heard is damn good stuff......

which 1 would u recommend ? for a NA stock car........ honda civic , 2.0 vtec ...

hehe....

funkydog

Known Member
Sep 28, 2006
o ya... another Q........ since the rsm meter is so cool ...... can measure so many stuff........ sounds damn fun.........

if i wan to put both rsm and power FC ... can anot ? i scare the car mechanic laugh when i ask him to install both leh ...........

haha ....... later malu u know...........

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
haha no prob man.i'll help as much as i can.

erm..about engine management system..im not the best at it.so..i would recommend u to check out both units and see what are the parameters that they offer...or in other words how flexible are they in tuning.

tyring asking this question in the engine management section :)

erm..RSM and power FC dont actually do the same thing.

RSM is more of giving u info on ur speed and such..and the power FC is an engine management system.
so..i guess fixing both wont cause u to losing anything. :D

but the most important thing i would say is that..u shud get these engine management systems BASED ON MODS THAT ARE DONE.
coz without much mods..there is not many things that u can tweak around with all that gadgets.

funkydog

Known Member
Sep 28, 2006
Fluffy said:
but the most important thing i would say is that..u shud get these engine management systems BASED ON MODS THAT ARE DONE.
coz without much mods..there is not many things that u can tweak around with all that gadgets.
yeah ..... of coz i hope i can do some mod..... but u know... still living under my parents....... and its a company car.... cant do much about it....
but if i install it .. it would be for "look good" only ..... haha....

maybe ... juz the safc neo since it has vtec control.... ....... or juz the rsm.......

:regular_smile:

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
since its stock,just try going for the RSM 1st.
eliminates speed cut! heheh

er..i just found this out.

Vtec Control - apex neo
Adjustable Vtec Control for RPMs, Throttle Angle, Upshift / Downshift, Engine Speed
Vtec is Adjustable in Increments of 100 Rpm for a Total of 24 Throttle Based Points
Not Intended for use with i-Vtec Equipped Engines (2002-2006 Models)
For Vehicles with Vtec Engine Swaps, The VAFC-2 Can be used to Activate V-TEC for a Non-Vtec ECU.

Last edited:

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
All EFI should be able to install RSM and SAFC. VAFC only work for V-Tec car if i am not mistaken

funkydog

Known Member
Sep 28, 2006
Fluffy said:
Not Intended for use with i-Vtec Equipped Engines (2002-2006 Models)
For Vehicles with Vtec Engine Swaps, The VAFC-2 Can be used to Activate V-TEC for a Non-Vtec ECU.
sure anot ? haha ... the safc neo new product leh ........ and it says got the function of safc and vafc .....
vafc can work for i-vtec ma....... so i think safc neo also can...

i not sure also ... since u say so .... lol

funkydog

Known Member
Sep 28, 2006
btw........ wats the different with ivtec or vtec ?

more powerful or save petrol ?

(noob Q )

evoX2

1,000 RPM
May 11, 2005
KCH
funkydog said:
btw........ wats the different with ivtec or vtec ?

more powerful or save petrol ?

(noob Q )
in short, ivtec is more fuel saving and lower pollution, the vtec screm isn't as loud as the b-series.

details from: honda-tech.com

VTEC - Variable valve Timing and lift Electronic Control. At low RPM, a VTEC engine uses a normal cam profile to retain a smooth idle, good fuel economy, and good low-end power delivery. The VTEC mechanism engages a high-lift, long-duration "race" cam profile at a set RPM value (i.e., ~5500RPM on the B16A) to increase high-end power delivery.

VTEC-E - Variable valve Timing and lift Electronic Control for Efficiency. This system isn't really VTEC as we know it. At low RPM, the VTEC-E mechanism effectively forces the engine to operate as a 12-valve engine - one of the intake valves does not open fully, thus decreasing fuel consumption. At a set RPM value (i.e., ~2500RPM in the D16Y5), the VTEC-E mechanism engages the 2nd intake valve, effectively resuming operation as a normal 16-valve engine. Note: in a VTEC-E engine, there are no high-RPM performance cam profiles; this engine is supposed to be tuned for fuel economy, right?

VTC - Variable Timing Control. This is a mechanism attached to the end of the intake camshaft only which acts as a continuously variable cam gear - it automatically adjusts the overlap between the intake and exhaust cams, effectively allowing the engine to have the most ideal amount of valve overlap in all RPM ranges. VTC is active at all RPMs.

i-VTEC - intelligent Variable valve Timing and lift Electronic Control. This is a combination of both the VTEC and the VTC technologies - in other words, i-VTEC = VTEC + VTC. Currently, the only engines that use the i-VTEC system are the DOHC K-series engines.

Now this is where things get tricky - Honda uses the term "DOHC i-VTEC" for two different systems: The first system is used in the K20A2 engine of the RSX Type-S. The second system is used in the K20A3 engine of the Civic Si.

The First System (K20A2):

This system is pretty close to the older DOHC VTEC engines. At low RPM, the K20A2 uses a normal cam profile to retain a smooth idle, good fuel economy, and good low-end power delivery. At 5800RPM, its VTEC mechanism engages a high-lift, long-duration "race" cam profile to increase high-end power delivery. The only difference between this i-VTEC engine and the older VTEC engines is the addition of the VTC system. The intake camshaft has the automatic self-adjusting cam gear which continuously optimizes valve overlap for all RPM ranges.

Here we see an image of the intake cam lobes of the K20A2. Notice there are 3 lobes; the two side lobes are the low-RPM profiles, and the center lobe is the high-lift, long-duration profile which engages at 5800RPM. Basically the same setup as the old VTEC engines we are familiar with.

Now here we see the VTC mechanism - the gear on the end of the intake cam that adjusts valve timing (overlap) automatically on the fly.

This system is used in engines powering the JDM Honda Integra Type-R, Civic Type-R, Accord Euro-R, and the USDM Acura RSX Type-S and TSX.

The Second System (K20A3):

This system does not really conform to the "DOHC i-VTEC" nomenclature, as Honda would like us to believe. As I mentioned in my previous post, it actually should be called "i-VTEC-E," because it uses a VTEC-E mechanism rather than a standard VTEC mechanism. At low RPM, the VTEC-E system effectively forces the engine to operate as a 12-valve engine - one of the intake valves does not open fully, thus decreasing fuel consumption. At 2200RPM, the VTEC-E system engages the 2nd intake valve, effectively resuming operation as a normal 16-valve engine. There are no high-RPM performance cam profiles; this engine is tuned to balance fuel economy and power, rather than provide pure performance. On the intake cam, there is the VTC mechanism which basically is an automatic self-adjusting cam gear used to continuously optimize the valve overlap for all RPM ranges. This being a VTEC-E system - and not a true DOHC VTEC system - is the reason the K20A3 redlines at a measly 6800RPM, while the K20A2 is able to rev all the way to 7900RPM.

Here we see an image of the intake cam lobes of the K20A3. Notice there are only 2 lobes - there is a nearly round one used only for the low-RPM disabled intake valve, and then there is the regular lobe used by the other valve at low-RPM and by both valves at high-RPM:

This system is used in engines powering the USDM Acura RSX base, Honda Civic Si, Accord 4-cylinder, CRV, and Element.

Special note: The K20A3 engine used in the Acura RSX base has a slightly different intake manifold design from the K20A3 engine used in the Civic Si. The RSX engine uses a dual-stage manifold, similar in concept to the manifold of the B18C1 in the old Integra GSR. It uses long intake runners at low-RPM to retain low end power, and switches at 4700RPM to a set of shorter intake runners to enhance high-end torque. This accounts for the extra 9 ft-lb of torque in the RSX (141 ft-lb, vs. 132 ft-lb in the Civic Si).

Here is an image showing just how this dual-stage manifold works. On the top, you can see the low-RPM (long) runners are in use, and on the bottom, you can see the high-RPM (short) runners in use.

Myths:

1. The i-VTEC engine engages VTEC gradually, and not suddenly like in the old VTEC engines.

Wrong. The i-VTEC engine "engages VTEC" at a single set RPM, like always. Whoever started this rumor is a fucktard. Read the definitions above.

2. VTC engages at a set RPM.

Wrong. VTC is always activated. Read under "VTC" above.

3. The K20A3 engages VTEC at 5000+ RPM.

Wrong. Technically, there is no "VTEC" (as we think of it) in the K20A3 engine - it uses a VTEC-E technology, which engages at 2200RPM. Read under "The Second Sytem" above.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

what damages car paint? Clear coat threat ?

what creates swirls? what are the sign of your clear coat damages?

swirls

always from improper way of washing (how it is being handled)...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience