Help needed, white smoke on B18CR!!!

alvon_chu

Known Member
Dec 16, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
to all sifu,

my B18CR got problem, eat engine oil like hell, engine oil dry up running for around 4 months or less than 4,500km, engine now no power at all, white smoke comes out, die oredi.

wanna ask, piston ring sure gong liao, whatelse will cause this kind of problem? normall need how much to repair? your kind reply really appreciate.

alvon_chu

Known Member
Dec 16, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Grex_R said:
It will cost u for sure. U know mah TYPE R WAHHHH.

If bearings for sure it's hard to get coz everybody no stock.

If want u can pm me to help u that wat u need from a type r.

workmanship to take out ur engine n install everthing that u change is

RM1200. Bearings will cost u RM 850. Pistons ring RM450. Engine oil, gear

oil,this seal that seal will come at least RM 3000 +.
RM3k++??!!! killing me immediately laa...how many days will it takes to repair normally? will that cause my engine underpower for sometime or how long is the any run in period after? how about overhaul? will it cost the same?

zero4

6,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
Grex_R said:
It will cost u for sure. U know mah TYPE R WAHHHH.

If bearings for sure it's hard to get coz everybody no stock.

If want u can pm me to help u that wat u need from a type r.

workmanship to take out ur engine n install everthing that u change is

RM1200. Bearings will cost u RM 850. Pistons ring RM450. Engine oil, gear

oil,this seal that seal will come at least RM 3000 +.
wow, i think i will cry toooo

alvon_chu

Known Member
Dec 16, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Grex_R said:
It will take at least 1 1/2 to 2 months work coz u know u need to be

presicion to get the cleareance of the engine n to give u the power u had

n better coz everything is new n dun ask me to repair for u coz i'm not a mechanic ok

just advise. Vtec rulezzz.
thanks Grex_R, your help and your opinion already help me a lot. Dun worry, i won't ask you to repair, actually my car is already in my mechanic's workshop, i just want to ask more about this insteads of just hearing what my mech said and i believe this is what a forum is constructed to be, right? hehe..btw, 1.5 months?!!!! is this another kind of joking on me?? i think crying is not enuff now...help me dig a nice place...

roninBond

May 31, 2005
KL
sigh.....

sigh... too bad dude. so pity on you. Vtec rulez and the price rulezzzz also. I fixed my EVO2 engine by changing pistons (87mm), con rod bearing and crankshaft bearing + Labour @ lower than 3K . Still got 4K km to go mannn.. cant wait to boost my turbo again ! cant wait to beat you again :P ... again... turbo rulezzzzz ALSO mah

Last edited:

alvon_chu

Known Member
Dec 16, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Grex_R said:
I just cry bro coz just blew my type R.

Just only bought a kosong fitted in. damn lost the g force once i had.

Fuel is increasing so now play stock engine with gear ratios kind of fun at mid range.

Dun worry bro just have ur car check out to see wat happen.

Maybe my predictions r wrong. Or maybe the engine oil u use is not suitable (that can

happen too) engine oil lean n makan minyak hitam i experince that also.
hey man, you are very lucky to find a engine kosong, but why dun you overhaul urs? or maybe the cost is around that right? correct me if i am wrong. You are right for the increasing cost of fuel, but ppl just cannot control when you are driving a V occupied engine right, imagine when u hear the sound... vtec rulezzz..

roninBond

May 31, 2005
KL
wow... 1.5 months to fix the bloody vtec engine ?

Grex_R said:
It will take at least 1 1/2 to 2 months work coz u know u need to be

presicion to get the cleareance of the engine n to give u the power u had

n better coz everything is new n dun ask me to repair for u coz i'm not a mechanic ok

just advise. Vtec rulezzz.

zero4

6,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
alvon_chu said:
hey man, you are very lucky to find a engine kosong, but why dun you overhaul urs? or maybe the cost is around that right? correct me if i am wrong. You are right for the increasing cost of fuel, but ppl just cannot control when you are driving a V occupied engine right, imagine when u hear the sound... vtec rulezzz..

i'm one good example here woh. i never use vtec for 3 weeks liao, drive slumberly only, hehehehehe, obedience.

samco

Jul 27, 2004
auckland
Visit site
while ur at it, i recommend u to change ur ITR pistons to CTR pistons to increase the compression.
use a spoon gasket with it and u should be making about 12.xx comp?
higher comp = more power =)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi peeps,

I bought a second hand Wira in 2007. All the documentation, bank loan, puspakom and jpj issues were done by the owner, and was handed over to me. Earlier this year I sold off the Wira to a used car dealer. He recently called me up saying that the car engine number have problem after he sent for inspection.

How is this possible? And how can I solve this problem? Should i do a police report and show both the 2007 and 2011 inspection results?

Help!!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience