help...my sv4's FC is very high.

10KRPM

Known Member
Dec 24, 2006
I'm using K&N air filter (previous owner installed it), u think this will increase the FC? i think i have to look into the dirty injector issue.

By the way, my gearbox got little problem. When i slow down and cross over a bump then it is like free gear. The gear engage only when rpm reaches 2100rpm. Meaning first gear is not there but goes into 2nd gear at 2100rpm. Even this not happen all the time but it is frustrating me. May I know what went wrong? is the gearbox need to change already? pls help ...
No k and n filter doesnt increase FC. Should have lowered it. Is it in an open box or in a cold airbox?? I realised that my old car use to burn rich with a filte rand that's bout it. Usually if u drive it nicely, u shud get more kms :biggrin:

U sound like you need a new gearbox too. It's auto right?? It might be the fact that 1st gear clutch is slippin coz auto gearboxes have like 5 clutches in them. One for each gear. Gearboxes can be expensive to fix. Might as well do a whole engine gearbox conversion and gearbox :)

You might also be getting higher consumption because the engine is worn out. The more kms u do on an engine, the more petrol u burn coz it wont burn as efficiently. The cheaper option is to buy an identical engine and gearbox if u dont have that much to spend on your car

fobs

3,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007
No k and n filter doesnt increase FC. Should have lowered it. Is it in an open box or in a cold airbox?? I realised that my old car use to burn rich with a filte rand that's bout it. Usually if u drive it nicely, u shud get more kms :biggrin:

U sound like you need a new gearbox too. It's auto right?? It might be the fact that 1st gear clutch is slippin coz auto gearboxes have like 5 clutches in them. One for each gear. Gearboxes can be expensive to fix. Might as well do a whole engine gearbox conversion and gearbox :)

You might also be getting higher consumption because the engine is worn out. The more kms u do on an engine, the more petrol u burn coz it wont burn as efficiently. The cheaper option is to buy an identical engine and gearbox if u dont have that much to spend on your car
x2,...

engine 1k
gbox 500,...
+labor, etc,... less than 3k kaw tim,...

if u're thinking of putting the H vtec,... 6 to 7k,...

10KRPM

Known Member
Dec 24, 2006
is it an F20 engine in your SV4?? In fact u can turbo an F20 quite easy. CB7 tuner says you can use evo 1-3 exhaust manifold and you just need to redrill the holes coz the holes line straight up together.

If it's auto, u just need to upgrade torque converter :P Endless fun going pssssh :biggrin: and you can go everywhere doing this :thefinger:

whliew

Known Member
Dec 14, 2005
I face same situation like u ahkiang... My sv4 2.0(A) oso have high fc problem but mine is slightly better than u... RM50 can go almost 200km... Haih v better save money to swap h22a la... Haha...

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
Say your current RM40 = 150 kms jer.
means that on next RM4k your future fuel spent, u will get around 15k km.

Say monthly milleage is 5,000 km, therefore it took only 3 months to cover RM4k of your funds..which is 3 months nowadays very2 fast one.

My point is ....rather than u spent RM4k in next 3 month for your Fuel, it'w would be much better options for conversion. At least your cost will be discounted by 40% bottomline.

However, this cost excluded your going-to-kaput gearbox lagi. hehehe

RM4k now can get the H22A hcut already...the rest of the installation fee tun, pandai2 la.

But remember, driving H22A not also FC saving if u kaki pecut aka praaaaaaaaaaaaaaang also.

Just opinion aka racun jer! hehehe

10KRPM

Known Member
Dec 24, 2006
but you also need engine mounts and gearbox mounts for a h22a conversion. Does that 4k include all your dizzy, ecu and loom as well??

Is SV4 a CB3 JDM shape accord?? Sorry ive only ever really owned JDM Hondas even in Malaysia

ahkiang

Known Member
Jan 2, 2007
x2,...

engine 1k
gbox 500,...

i think my engine is ok....may b just change gearbox. Less than 1K? which gearbox is better? 2.2L one can ah?

ahkiang

Known Member
Jan 2, 2007
x2,...

engine 1k
gbox 500,...

i think my engine is ok....may b just change gearbox. Less than 1K? which gearbox is better? 2.2L one can ah?

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
but you also need engine mounts and gearbox mounts for a h22a conversion. Does that 4k include all your dizzy, ecu and loom as well??

Is SV4 a CB3 JDM shape accord?? Sorry ive only ever really owned JDM Hondas even in Malaysia
If u found the JDM CD6 H22A hcut, then it will definitely fit nicely. Moreover, got extra parts & kept as a spare cause CD6 = SV4...the onyl different is the engine. (F20A vs. H22A).

Hcut means include all like front cut, complete wiring harness, dashboar +ecu etc, 4 disk brakes, 4 suspension, rear tank.

or else a cheaper way buy engine kosong and the wiring harness.

CB i think same with SM4.

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
Don't put 2.2cc gearbos into your 2.0cc engine. ..cause later u will feel power lag most fo the time cause the ratio for 2.2c is bit 'long' aka meant for bigger cc.

Same like u use 2.0cc gearbox with 2.2 engine. U will feel the gear is very 'short' since 2.0cc gear ratio is 'shorter'....feel like rpm move fast but not the speed.

cat77

3,000 RPM
May 5, 2006
sometime i think mechanic pun cannot explain like all sifus.....hehehe.....thanks for the free 'ilmu'

fobs

3,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007
CB i think same with SM4.
sm4 is the root name
CB* is the code that denotes the type of specification,...

4th gen accord circa '89-'93= sm4, or CB1 to CB9,... also called 'diamond eye'

5th gen accord circa '94-'97 = sv4, or CD series,... CD6 jdm, even got CF2 usdm wagon,... also called 'accord jerung/shark'

fairy

500 RPM
Aug 24, 2007
how, is your car ah kiang?.. anyway, i understand how u feel.. i checked that to overhaul ur g.box is approx 6 to 800 ringgit.. actually i have a half cut which was my old engine.. its a 2.0 single cam with manual g.box.. think i'm saving the g.box for myself..hehe.. anyway let us know if theres any progress on ur car..

ahkiang

Known Member
Jan 2, 2007
Don't put 2.2cc gearbos into your 2.0cc engine. ..cause later u will feel power lag most fo the time cause the ratio for 2.2c is bit 'long' aka meant for bigger cc.

Same like u use 2.0cc gearbox with 2.2 engine. U will feel the gear is very 'short' since 2.0cc gear ratio is 'shorter'....feel like rpm move fast but not the speed.
Thanks aja for sharing the knowledge. So i will not go for the 2.2cc engince gearbox. But i still not sure what went wrong....i need to send it to another workshop for checking. I hear autochild is very good. Anyone went there before?

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
Autochild...better do search inside this ZTH first. Heard now it become 'child' doh!