help...my sv4's FC is very high.

10KRPM

Known Member
Dec 24, 2006
300-400km?? wow u guys are doing great. My old accord which was my sole drag car use to only get 150kms on full tank and thats like full tank of 98 octane petrol... and its NA not forced inducted

So ya.. U guys got it good with ya accords..

fobs

3,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007
how is ur driving style?

is ur right foot heavy (like some people i know on here :D)
haha,... like me??? but heavy also get 18.5sen/km and juz my last tank got 17.5sen/km, huhuhuhuuhuuuu!

all happen after i cleaned my TB and EACV, and diconnected the rocker breather!!!

ahkiang

Known Member
Jan 2, 2007
Dear All,
I never have heavy right foot. I always press lightly on the speed padel...

But mine one still got around 28-30sen/L.... :-(

what else i can do?

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
Dear All,
I never have heavy right foot. I always press lightly on the speed padel...

But mine one still got around 28-30sen/L.... :-(

what else i can do?
Halfcut H22A CD6 MT RM4000
Labor RM1500
Misc parts Wear/tear+JPJ RM1000
Total RM6500

Say Rm7000 lor...

covert jer la

fobs

3,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007
Labor RM1500
Total RM6500

Say Rm7000 lor...

covert jer la
baek and correct,...
then u'll get 20-23sen per km,... for a much pawahfuuulll engine, sure satisfied.

Black Mamba

Nov 2, 2006
convert would be an option.....maybe a higher power engine will help the car to move easier a bit....

sumimasen

1,000 RPM
Feb 10, 2007
Labor RM1500
Total RM6500

Say Rm7000 lor...

covert jer la
he would need more time then :)

mzsu

Known Member
Apr 3, 2007
ur fuel consumption is very high....i dont think that is normal. iv used both f20 sohc and converted to h22 currently...and for me very slight different which h22 consume more due to it is built for performance...basicaly try a few easy way of troubleshooting if ur consumption is high...

1. Choked air cleaner - change new
2. Spark plug - inspect for carbon or engine oil...too much carbon means ur a/f is out.
3. clean ur injector - buy the injector cleaner or pump in d shell v-power couple of time.
4. wat about power? any slugish feel...check on the vacuum system, maybe cracked hoses.
5. tyre pressure.
6. foot pressure...most important..:proud:
if Ah Kiang driving style is like sopan santun but still high FC, may be something wrong somewhere....for H22, I think not really la..it's depends on your driving style... for me just push everytime after idle(stop) and go for town driving still can get 250km++ for RM50...and 550km++ for full tank...
But if I push gila2 then RM50 can get only 210km++ .....
But your list up there are thru...Ah Kiang you can check the easiest first like air filter etc....correct me if I'm wrong....hehehhe..:sleep: :sleep:

mzsu

Known Member
Apr 3, 2007
but if you need to overhaul your engine or something to do with your engine then, you can think of swapping to H22...hehehehhe...poison.....

fairy

500 RPM
Aug 24, 2007
bro,, although sv4 2.0 auto is a heavy drinker, 50 bucks for 160km is a bit too heavy.. my neighbours sv4 2.0 auto vtec can go about 200km for 50 bucks, but her car is very well maintained.. my sv4 was a sohc non vtec 2.0 manual can go 50km for 10 bucks, that was also with fxxked conrod bearings and piston rings.. after convert h22a manual still 10 for 50kmh, but a lot more satisfaction.. theres definitely a problem or multiple problems somewhere.. dirty injectors,air filter,g.box,exhaust system,fuel filter,distributor,spark plugs engine compression and a lot more..if you can make sure that all these work in good condition, then a good fine tune would do wonders..unless you have a good friend and good tuner who is willing to spend time tuning the car to perfect balance like mine, a vafc or afc could help u out.. my good old friend and sifu passed away a year plus ago.. the only person who could tune my car to my sensitive right foot satisfaction..imagine wira 1.5 manual with exhaust and air filter mods cucuk standard eg9 auto on highway, sohc 2.0 manual sv4 can ikut h22a..and my friend was actually blind due to cataracts.. bro tuned r knows him too..god bless my friend in heaven.. sorry keluar topic.. when the service ppl reset your car to factory settings ,those are settings for the engines when new, so u should tune to compensate for whatever is old, like eating panadol for headache and panadol menstrual for period..anyway, another way which is easier and less time consuming but sakit satu kali,would be to plunk in a h22a like all the other taikos and sifus here recommend..good luck

p/s: thats something my old friend/sifu once taught me.. hope it might help u a bit..only my two cents worth..

Last edited:

ahkiang

Known Member
Jan 2, 2007
Labor RM1500
Total RM6500

Say Rm7000 lor...

covert jer la
i don't think i need a powerfull car but a comfortable and a not too high FC car. I can get comfort at my honda but just the FC is too high.

ahkiang

Known Member
Jan 2, 2007
if Ah Kiang driving style is like sopan santun but still high FC, may be something wrong somewhere....for H22, I think not really la..it's depends on your driving style... for me just push everytime after idle(stop) and go for town driving still can get 250km++ for RM50...and 550km++ for full tank...
But if I push gila2 then RM50 can get only 210km++ .....
But your list up there are thru...Ah Kiang you can check the easiest first like air filter etc....correct me if I'm wrong....hehehhe..:sleep: :sleep:
Actually i already changed the petrol filter and petrol pump's motor (not whole set). I can say it just give a little improvement only. If my car RM50 can goes 250KM i'm very happy already....

ahkiang

Known Member
Jan 2, 2007
bro,, although sv4 2.0 auto is a heavy drinker, 50 bucks for 160km is a bit too heavy.. my neighbours sv4 2.0 auto vtec can go about 200km for 50 bucks, but her car is very well maintained.. my sv4 was a sohc non vtec 2.0 manual can go 50km for 10 bucks, that was also with fxxked conrod bearings and piston rings.. after convert h22a manual still 10 for 50kmh, but a lot more satisfaction.. theres definitely a problem or multiple problems somewhere.. dirty injectors,air filter,g.box,exhaust system,fuel filter,distributor,spark plugs engine compression and a lot more..if you can make sure that all these work in good condition, then a good fine tune would do wonders..unless you have a good friend and good tuner who is willing to spend time tuning the car to perfect balance like mine, a vafc or afc could help u out.. my good old friend and sifu passed away a year plus ago.. the only person who could tune my car to my sensitive right foot satisfaction..imagine wira 1.5 manual with exhaust and air filter mods cucuk standard eg9 auto on highway, sohc 2.0 manual sv4 can ikut h22a..and my friend was actually blind due to cataracts.. bro tuned r knows him too..god bless my friend in heaven.. sorry keluar topic.. when the service ppl reset your car to factory settings ,those are settings for the engines when new, so u should tune to compensate for whatever is old, like eating panadol for headache and panadol menstrual for period..anyway, another way which is easier and less time consuming but sakit satu kali,would be to plunk in a h22a like all the other taikos and sifus here recommend..good luck

p/s: thats something my old friend/sifu once taught me.. hope it might help u a bit..only my two cents worth..
I'm using K&N air filter (previous owner installed it), u think this will increase the FC? i think i have to look into the dirty injector issue.

By the way, my gearbox got little problem. When i slow down and cross over a bump then it is like free gear. The gear engage only when rpm reaches 2100rpm. Meaning first gear is not there but goes into 2nd gear at 2100rpm. Even this not happen all the time but it is frustrating me. May I know what went wrong? is the gearbox need to change already? pls help ...