Help!!! hard to start

lek9925

Nov 7, 2006
my car is hard to start when engine is hot..... when cold start is normal but after drive u start again it won start just crank only...... any one can help?

lek9925

Nov 7, 2006
Re: Help!!! hart to start

sw20 engine is 3sgte.......

Known Member
Aug 5, 2009
johor bahru

brother you try to pm kool or midship brother.cz it 1zz i better now but sw must ask this two person.....sorry !!!but i think your problem cooland sistem:driver:

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com

Check batt voltage, plugs + cable, fuse and starter.
as mentioned, & while you are at it, get shop to see if alternator is charging.

lek9925

Nov 7, 2006
now i trying starter ...... looking 4 part at sarawak....

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

hope is the starter fails....

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

Alternator is charging is the starter keep on cranking , i think is magnetic switch jam..

lek9925

Nov 7, 2006
finally my car is alive!!! thanks 4 helps guy..... just the starter relay only.....hahahaha

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
If it is starter relay, it won't crank at all in the first place.
Relay OK --> can crank
Relay NG --> cannot crank at all

Your problem is quite similar to the symptom of a faulty ECU (early stage).
Perhaps you should check your ECU immediately.

Good luck!

Last edited:

alray

Known Member
Jun 16, 2005
Selangor
the starter relay is a solid-state type in most modern cars these days and have a tendency of deteriorating after some number of years in use especially in a very frequent engine starting and cutting-off. As u hv mentioned tat it occurs only during hot engine start, it could possibly be the unit itself having loose contacts in it and this will leave you with a "tuck tuck" sound but without the ability to crank the engine at all. However, once the engine is much colder, it will be abled to close back the contact and allow u to have the engine to crank again. However, since u could crank the engine but could not get it to ignite, it could be the setting out ur fuel/air mixture being too lean. Perhaps, u could look into it as well.

lek9925

Nov 7, 2006
i seldom to use my MR2 only got start for worm up sometime. so now got many problem have to fix. haizzzz....... if i want to change clutch disc need to put the engine down? and the timing belt also......? is it difficult?

keisukosan

Known Member
Aug 18, 2006
i seldom to use my MR2 only got start for worm up sometime. so now got many problem have to fix. haizzzz....... if i want to change clutch disc need to put the engine down? and the timing belt also......? is it difficult?
bro can i have ur pic of ur car with mr2 engine?

lek9925

Nov 7, 2006
bro any one know where can i find the cosco absober uper mount with pilla ball.... my one got noise le.........

Attachments

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Im holding back the Rim which is 17inch. May I know which is the budjet and suitable brand sport spring for it ? My aim is 1.5 / 2 front, 2 Finger rear. Please suggest it. If you guys hav any shop recommended, i can drop by and purchase it. Zmax and Kimex.. Which is lower? Which is softer(Naik Kuda on uneven road) ?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience