help~ got problem with fuel consumption.

p3jal

1,000 RPM
Jan 20, 2007
Selangor
ello to all sifu here.. i got a problem..since i bought car (evo 4 convert 6) 1 month ago.first of all, when i bought a car and i bring back home.from jb to a klang. it seem like no problem with my fuel consumption. my engine spec evo 4, turbine ar70 , banana , waste gate and in engine is stock, and that time i got a safc II.

now my engine : ar70 turbine , banana ,wastegate and i change safc to e-manage blue.but after tune my e-manage blue .. i had a bad fuel consumption.i "isi" full tank my evo.can tahan 2days je.then habis.my engine no leaking.my turbo ar70 is china one. ..u all know what the problem with my car fuel consumption?

Turbohead

Known Member
Feb 1, 2010
Perak
bro p3jal,

Normallly how many kilometers do you drive in two days? Do you always drive it hard? Are you always stuck in traffic jam?

I think it may help if you monitor your average consumption. One easy thing to do is, fill the tank all the way up until you can see the fuel at the filling hole, then drive it until warning lights comes out, then fill it all the way up untill you can see the fuel again. Divide the number of kilometers you have travelled by the number of liters you have pumped in, you get your Evo's average fuel consumption. If you get 5-8km/liter, then I guess it's normal for Evo. If you get 1-2km/liter, then either your car has a problem or you've been driving F1 style. :biggrin:

flanker c

Known Member
Jul 24, 2007
fulltank in 2 days is normal bro for evo if you heavy foot:proud:...e-manage not gain much power coz is only piggyback...your turbine ar70 you should use power fc commander..use this ecu your fuel cosumption will save if u drive below 4k rpm...full tank can reach 400km save than stock ecu...

p3jal

1,000 RPM
Jan 20, 2007
Selangor
example : i fill the tank rm50 at a morning. then at afternoon about 5.50pm my fuel one "takuk" last one.. i drive to cheras ..and parking . lunch i go tesco at cheras and 4.30 i drive home..i dunno what happen suddenly minyak mahu habis..i think got problem..i drive normally only no psst keching oso dn have that time..walao full tank can fnish in 2days .. i think i wan open back the turbine change to the standart turbine. then tune back dunno can get the better fuel consumption.:mad::mad:

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
example : i fill the tank rm50 at a morning. then at afternoon about 5.50pm my fuel one "takuk" last one.. i drive to cheras ..and parking . lunch i go tesco at cheras and 4.30 i drive home..i dunno what happen suddenly minyak mahu habis..i think got problem..i drive normally only no psst keching oso dn have that time..walao full tank can fnish in 2days .. i think i wan open back the turbine change to the standart turbine. then tune back dunno can get the better fuel consumption.:mad::mad:

maybe u shud go dyno to see ur AFR..

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
pejal, dont just go changing anything just yet, give us more info on what have been done (if anymore), who tuned it, on which dyno u tuned it on, etc. to me, it sounds like the tuning, but i need more info before concluding anything.

flanker c

Known Member
Jul 24, 2007
if your car got more black smoke in fullboost and frequently backfire that means your afr too rich...retuned back can solve your problem....find reputable tuner..

p3jal

1,000 RPM
Jan 20, 2007
Selangor
if your car got more black smoke in fullboost and frequently backfire that means your afr too rich...retuned back can solve your problem....find reputable tuner..

i think sometime when drive got backfire at exhaust like "meletup" then gone..

my car spec is
evo engine (inside piston , rod are standard)
turbine ar70 , banana ,wastegate,
greedy e-manage,
oil catch tank,
walbro fuel pump,
that all the spec...

i had done tune at raja kamal, on the road tune..if i retuned back.. should i go for dyno? my head headache already..fuel consumption like water. if i compare to my wira. full modified engine all stroker also abit save the a evo wo..how yeah/ i think i should retune back..what should i talk to raja kamal?

kampoon

1,000 RPM
Mar 4, 2006
When u owned an Evo......dun border for FC........My 2 cents

Turbohead

Known Member
Feb 1, 2010
Perak
Try doing a dyno on Air/Fuel ratio. I recommend GT Auto in Sunway. Their charges are a bit higher but their work is very good. Look for Thomas or Toby @ (03) 56316636.

p3jal

1,000 RPM
Jan 20, 2007
Selangor

1month ago i bought lor..hehe sure lor kena care bout the fc ma..everyday drive huhu.. later ill go for tuning at gt auto..if working days their worker there bz or not? huhu =)

Turbohead

Known Member
Feb 1, 2010
Perak
GT Auto is always busy. You can call them in advance to see if their dyno machine is available. Should be no problem though as they have recently added another one.

flanker c

Known Member
Jul 24, 2007

AGREEE...:adore::adore:

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

i think sometime when drive got backfire at exhaust like "meletup" then gone..

my car spec is
evo engine (inside piston , rod are standard)
turbine ar70 , banana ,wastegate,
greedy e-manage,
oil catch tank,
walbro fuel pump,
that all the spec...

i had done tune at raja kamal, on the road tune..if i retuned back.. should i go for dyno? my head headache already..fuel consumption like water. if i compare to my wira. full modified engine all stroker also abit save the a evo wo..how yeah/ i think i should retune back..what should i talk to raja kamal?
Dont compare your Evo with wira . like apple with jambu.. wira has lighten body only 1100kg coz thin chassis metal (NO SAFETY) plus run with 2WD only that why more save fuel...but 2WD always encounter problem torque steer..'suka cari pokok'. :biggrin: Evo body weight 1350kg with rigid chassis plus run 4WD lot power loss to drivetrain..that why your evo makan minyak bro...:thefinger: for me driving Evo with high fc not main issue..its normal..what important is Evo fun tu drive..more fun than wiralution bro...too much wiralution cannot do what Evo can do :burnout:

kampoon

1,000 RPM
Mar 4, 2006
Can you try to revert all the settings (mods, parts change) b4 the bad FC
that's the onli way to safe ur $$$ to let those so called pro to diagnost for you...my 2.5 cents

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Wassup all,

Firstly im new in this turbo/car stuff.Nw im using E3 engine with TD05H with all the stock parts(blowoff etc. etc.).The only thing that chng so far putting the wastegate (40mm).Just wanna get some advice on how to get more HP out frm the E3.What i should do first or change what or add what parts to gain few or extra HP...do let me know guys....:driver:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience